New baby / post birth advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We have a sleepyhead and its been great for us! Settled both babies instantly when we used them, one con my eldest wouldn’t settle without it so we had to upgrade to the bigger size 🥴

The reason its a SIDS risk is because it hasn’t been around long enough for conclusive studies but as far as I know and have researched no Sids related deaths have been linked to a sleepyhead (maybe other one’s similar 🤷🏽‍♀️)

Everyone has to make their own informed choices, for example I would rather use sleepyhead than co-sleep but i’m sure others have done that safely.

Reactions: 4
Sleepyheads not for me, I’d never forgive myself if anything happened and I’d ignored the advice. That said, I don’t feel we needed one, if she’d been bad at settling, I’d prob think differently, you try most anything to help a struggling baby - in that instance I’d have looked at the Purflo because It’s supposed to be safer and I couldn’t commit to absolutely constant supervision.

Those who’ve got their periods back, did you have any indication it was coming?
I had spotting for 2 weeks before on and off. But apart from that..I had no normal indications, like I usually get sore boobs and stuff right before. Had none of that.

Reactions: 1
This may be a really stupid question… can I wash baby clothes with our adult clothes? I will use non-bio detergent just want to mix some of our stuff with hers in the next wash.

Reactions: 2
This may be a really stupid question… can I wash baby clothes with our adult clothes? I will use non-bio detergent just want to mix some of our stuff with hers in the next wash.
I wash literally everything together!

Yeah I just chuck it all in with my normal washings!

I have always washed all our clothes together.

I do separate just because most of mine and my partners clothes are black, and babies are light but then I somehow recently discovered colour catchers as well!

I went to the mother and baby group today and… I actually enjoyed it. 😅 It was good to get out of the house and my baby was the youngest so lots of mothers gushing over him. He was asleep for most of it then woke up and was so funny watching him watch other little people. I pushed myself to make conversation and pretend I care about other people’s babies. 😂 I’ve booked myself to go next week.

@Definitelyme you were right about the sweat, duck me! I was dripping when I was walking home.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I do separate just because most of mine and my partners clothes are black, and babies are light but then I somehow recently discovered colour catchers as well!

I went to the mother and baby group today and… I actually enjoyed it. 😅 It was good to get out of the house and my baby was the youngest so lots of mothers gushing over him. He was asleep for most of it then woke up and was so funny watching him watch other little people. I pushed myself to make conversation and pretend I care about other people’s babies. 😂 I’ve booked myself to go next week.

@Definitelyme you were right about the sweat, duck me! I was dripping when I was walking home.
So glad you had a good experience 😊😊 I think the first time going to one is the worst, you’ll be set for the rest of the toddler years now!

• Heart
Also I’m fuming, yesterday I was supposed to have my 6 week postnatal GP appointment. They’re just doing them by telephone at the moment. The letter said to expect the call late in the afternoon. I went to the toilet (literally the only time I wasn’t looking at my phone!!!) at 12 and they rang and left a voicemail saying to call back. I did within a minute and the receptionist said they’d ring back later, he didn’t…

I rang this morning asking if I can expect a call today and she said she looked on my notes and it said he tried ringing multiple times (bullshit, only one call was logged on the system!) so he’s sent a letter saying I’m discharged and let the health visitor know that I didn’t pick up!!

I pushed the receptionist to make me a another appointment as I did actually have some things to ask him, she had to go speak to the Dr and he agreed out of the kindness of his heart to call me tomorrow morning 🙄

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Also I’m fuming, yesterday I was supposed to have my 6 week postnatal GP appointment. They’re just doing them by telephone at the moment. The letter said to expect the call late in the afternoon. I went to the toilet (literally the only time I wasn’t looking at my phone!!!) at 12 and they rang and left a voicemail saying to call back. I did within a minute and the receptionist said they’d ring back later, he didn’t…

I rang this morning asking if I can expect a call today and she said she looked on my notes and it said he tried ringing multiple times (bullshit, only one call was logged on the system!) so he’s sent a letter saying I’m discharged and let the health visitor know that I didn’t pick up!!

I pushed the receptionist to make me a another appointment as I did actually have some things to ask him, she had to go speak to the Dr and he agreed out of the kindness of his heart to call me tomorrow morning 🙄
I swear Drs have used covid as an excuse to do absolutely buggar all (GPs, obvs not hospital drs!). Ours now do your 6 week check at 8 weeks with baby’s check, which is fine but I was like “erm well what do I do about driving?” I couldn't drive until my GP signed me off as per my insurance, so I had to push for an appointment to get that sorted. Useless.

Reactions: 7
I swear Drs have used covid as an excuse to do absolutely buggar all (GPs, obvs not hospital drs!). Ours now do your 6 week check at 8 weeks with baby’s check, which is fine but I was like “erm well what do I do about driving?” I couldn't drive until my GP signed me off as per my insurance, so I had to push for an appointment to get that sorted. Useless.
100%! I had a csection as well, how are they supposed to check that over the phone?!

My HV is a joke too, last week I mentioned my section and she was like ‘oh you had a section? How’s that healing?’ I get she sees a lot of people but surely that should be on her notes from… the previous week!

100%! I had a csection as well, how are they supposed to check that over the phone?!

My HV is a joke too, last week I mentioned my section and she was like ‘oh you had a section? How’s that healing?’ I get she sees a lot of people but surely that should be on her notes from… the previous week!
I found a few of my HVs questions a bit odd this time. Here, they have a family file, so it has all the data from my older 3 in it as well, but my Hv is constantly changing so I rarely see the same one twice. When my current one (have seen her 3 times! A record!) first came out she said “so this is your second child?” Erm no… look on that purple file in your hand and you’ll see it’s my fourth.

My 6 week appointment is on the 15th July. It'll be 11 and half weeks since I had him 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 3
My 6 week appointment is on the 15th July. It'll be 11 and half weeks since I had him 🙄
I pushed for mine. I rang at 6 weeks and they said I don't need to call, they'll be in contact. So I rang again at 7 weeks and pushed for one because they hadn't

My daughter's just started almost rolling over already 😑 she's managed to get herself over once... I hate this stage 😑😂

Has anyone found having a Moses basket useful? I’ve got one on my list to buy, but I’m wondering how much it’ll be used. We have a next to me and a purflo for upstairs, so I was thinking the Moses would be handy to keep downstairs.

Has anyone found having a Moses basket useful? I’ve got one on my list to buy, but I’m wondering how much it’ll be used. We have a next to me and a purflo for upstairs, so I was thinking the Moses would be handy to keep downstairs.
I just use my pram, saves buying something else that you can only use for a few months anyway. 😊 Never bothered with anything else

Great for downstairs but my little girl who is small for her age grew out of it by about 5 mths so I’d say don’t spend too much. Aldi had one with a stand for about £27 a few months ago

Edited: spelling & corrected to Aldi

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.