New baby / post birth advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember with our second he cried all the time, and me in bed sitting up holding him all night, because my husband was worried about bed sharing. On night 3 I got rid of the husband (just from the bed 😹) and we never looked back. Bed sharing with no2,3 & 4 has been one of the best decisions we’ve made, I get so much more sleep 🙌🏻

Reactions: 2
I remember with our second he cried all the time, and me in bed sitting up holding him all night, because my husband was worried about bed sharing. On night 3 I got rid of the husband (just from the bed 😹) and we never looked back. Bed sharing with no2,3 & 4 has been one of the best decisions we’ve made, I get so much more sleep 🙌🏻
Haha we managed to do it without booting him out, the three of us in a king size bed. It got to the point though where it wasn't getting me, or baby, any sleep as he is such a wriggly sleeper, rolling all over the place. Months 1-4.5 he was in our bed every night from about 4am though :ROFLMAO: Used to get us sleep until 7. Some nights he came in earlier, especially during that awful, awful 4 month regression or on nights when he wasn't feeling good, he'd be in from the start.

He never ever falls asleep on me now, I miss those sleepy cuddles.

Reactions: 1
I’ve just discovered this thread, pleeeeeeeease can I ask some advice? My daughter is 2 days old and will only sleep on me or my partner, she usually falls asleep whilst breastfeeding and then I try and put her down in her next to me really slow and softly and she instantly wakes and cries so I cuddle her. We’re taking it in turns to have 2 hour sleeps whilst the other holds her but we’re both very tired and I’m petrified of one of us falling asleep with her in our arms😫
Swaddling worked for me! Doesn't work for all but it made a massive difference. I guess she felt more secure.
We also changed from a bedside cot to a moses basket. That worked too

Also second what someone said about white noise.
We have a fan on constantly and it helps so much

Swaddling worked for me! Doesn't work for all but it made a massive difference. I guess she felt more secure.
We also changed from a bedside cot to a moses basket. That worked too

Also second what someone said about white noise.
We have a fan on constantly and it helps so much
I was always a bit sceptical about the white noise but it's gone off a few times and he's woken really quickly after. We put it in the pram and he will often just turn his head and go off to sleep :ROFLMAO:

I was always a bit sceptical about the white noise but it's gone off a few times and he's woken really quickly after. We put it in the pram and he will often just turn his head and go off to sleep :ROFLMAO:
Yeah we've always had it for my kids.
I was skeptical too but even a fan on myself makes me sleep better!
We use the radio in the background during daytime naps

Hi ladies just after some advice! 17 weeks pp and my period just finished not even 2 weeks ago and I’ve woke up this morning with a pink discharge, just curious if it’s happened to anyone else and is it anything to worry about? Read it can be ovulation bleeding so it’s maybe that

Has anyone found having a Moses basket useful? I’ve got one on my list to buy, but I’m wondering how much it’ll be used. We have a next to me and a purflo for upstairs, so I was thinking the Moses would be handy to keep downstairs.
Yes it was the only thing my baby would sleep in for the first few weeks I think she liked it cause it was more enclosed she wouldn’t sleep in the next to me until she was around 2 and a half months, we just brought it up and down the stairs during the day/night

Haha we managed to do it without booting him out, the three of us in a king size bed. It got to the point though where it wasn't getting me, or baby, any sleep as he is such a wriggly sleeper, rolling all over the place. Months 1-4.5 he was in our bed every night from about 4am though :ROFLMAO: Used to get us sleep until 7. Some nights he came in earlier, especially during that awful, awful 4 month regression or on nights when he wasn't feeling good, he'd be in from the start.

He never ever falls asleep on me now, I miss those sleepy cuddles.
We have a king size bed too, When we stay at my in laws we are in a double and it’s just not enough space 🤣 my husband is always afraid of squishing a baby during the night, and actually when he took my place sleeping with our toddler earlier this year he was worried about squishing her (she is 2.5!) I don’t think my husband and I have slept alone in a bed together in at least 5 years 🙈 we are all over the house sharing with different kids 🤣

• Haha
Thanks for all the Moses basket advice! Managed to pick one up in the sale on Claire de lune for £50 instead of £75 🙌🏼

Reactions: 8
I moved my little one onto kendamil too, it’s sooooo much better! He had dark green poos for a couple of weeks. I wouldn’t worry, your baby will just be getting used to it 😊
I feel so much better hearing it’s happened to other people! My daughter had such slow weight gain but since starting kendamil she’s gained almost a pound in 2 weeks!

• Heart
I’ve just discovered this thread, pleeeeeeeease can I ask some advice? My daughter is 2 days old and will only sleep on me or my partner, she usually falls asleep whilst breastfeeding and then I try and put her down in her next to me really slow and softly and she instantly wakes and cries so I cuddle her. We’re taking it in turns to have 2 hour sleeps whilst the other holds her but we’re both very tired and I’m petrified of one of us falling asleep with her in our arms😫
This will sound weird but I walk around with a bed sheet in my top the first couple of weeks on rotation and in the evening put it on her next to me cot and when I put her down she could still smell me. Doesn’t always work every time Hutu most of the time it would 🥰

Reactions: 3
This will sound weird but I walk around with a bed sheet in my top the first couple of weeks on rotation and in the evening put it on her next to me cot and when I put her down she could still smell me. Doesn’t always work every time Hutu most of the time it would 🥰
I was just going to suggest this too, worked a treat for us both babies settled much easier. I used a muslin then just tucked it in at both sides.

Already buying a new car seat, we’ve been using the one that came with the mamas and papas ocarro pram (cybex atom 5 I believe) and Jesus it’s a nightmare getting baba into it now 😳
I’m going to get a swivel chair - currently looking at the maxi cosi 360 but happy for any recommendations.
Also; anyone just find themselves shoving EVERYTHING in the loft lol? We won’t start trying for another baby for a couple of years but Im like hmm this will surely save a lot of money not having to buy all this again 😆

Already buying a new car seat, we’ve been using the one that came with the mamas and papas ocarro pram (cybex atom 5 I believe) and Jesus it’s a nightmare getting baba into it now 😳
I’m going to get a swivel chair - currently looking at the maxi cosi 360 but happy for any recommendations.
Also; anyone just find themselves shoving EVERYTHING in the loft lol? We won’t start trying for another baby for a couple of years but Im like hmm this will surely save a lot of money not having to buy all this again 😆
Yes 😭😂 our loft is chock full of baby stuff. I don’t know how people move house between starting to have kids and finishing having kids. The thought of moving all that stuff gives me chills.

Off topic, but my friend put all her expensive baby stuff in her loft and didn’t cover any of it up and everything got nibbled to bits by mice 😩

• Wow
I had the Joie 360. Definitely recommend!

Posted this in the pregnancy thread but figured you guys might have some more recent experience too!
Had the midwife today, getting offered a sweep in 2 weeks time 😬 also got given leaflets about induction, either an at home one (balloon) or the in patient one (pessary). Has anyone ever had either of them? Is one better than the other? Hopefully it won't come to that but I'd like to be prepared 😬

Posted this in the pregnancy thread but figured you guys might have some more recent experience too!
Had the midwife today, getting offered a sweep in 2 weeks time 😬 also got given leaflets about induction, either an at home one (balloon) or the in patient one (pessary). Has anyone ever had either of them? Is one better than the other? Hopefully it won't come to that but I'd like to be prepared 😬
Hey, I have had both! Pessary for my first and recently had a balloon with my second. Pessary worked straight away for me (though I know that's not always the case) but the contractions were so intense and felt like they were constant, so bad compared to the contractions I had with my second.
The balloon didn't actually work, it took two lots of the gel to get things going but I am glad I took the gentler option to begin with!

How old is your baby if you don’t mind me asking? Our little girl is 4 months and is gonna be too big for her car seat soon so we’re have to start looking for another not sure which one to get either 😅 and I’m not sure which type of car seat they go into next first time mum 😅

How old is your baby if you don’t mind me asking? Our little girl is 4 months and is gonna be too big for her car seat soon so we’re have to start looking for another not sure which one to get either 😅 and I’m not sure which type of car seat they go into next first time mum 😅
Yep my little one is 4 months next week! He fits ok into it for now, but we just leave the car seat in the car, rather than carrying him in the car seat back into the house like we did when he was tiny. It’s soooo difficult getting him in and out 😩
loads of people have recommended the swivel ones! I’m going to look at mama’s and papas tomorrow as there is £80 off the swivel seat. Will let you know how I get on!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.