New baby / post birth advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fast forward 18months/2years and they refuse it like it’s poison 😂
Mine are the opposite, can’t get it in them until about age 2, then they are like crack addicts for it (to be fair it’s bloody delicious. I always have a wee taste myself 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Mine are the opposite, can’t get it in them until about age 2, then they are like crack addicts for it (to be fair it’s bloody delicious. I always have a wee taste myself 🤣)
My little one is the same, he hates it now and spits it out every time! Have to do the tiniest amount at the back of his throat, then tickle his throat to make him swallow it :ROFLMAO: I too have "modelled" how to take it, aka have a cheeky taste myself. It's too good not to :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
12 hours post jabs and we’ve had a lot of sleeping and a some very dramatic crying but nothing too bad 🥵

Does anyone else’s babies bloody love calpol!? My little ones face lit up when she had her first taste today… 😂
My first daughter loved it right from a baby.
This time, nope 😂 she absolutely hates it. To the point she cries every time I put a bit in her mouth 😂

My 3 year old will ask for it any time she hurts herself. Even in the slightest. Or if I give the baby some, she'll be like ohhhh I need some too 😂

• Haha
My little one is weird and cried when they put the norovirus gel on his tongue at 8 weeks! she said she'd never had a baby ever do that before, which made me feel grrrrreat. Apparently it's very sweet but he wasn't having it at all :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2
My little one is weird and cried when they put the norovirus gel on his tongue at 8 weeks! she said she'd never had a baby ever do that before, which made me feel grrrrreat. Apparently it's very sweet but he wasn't having it at all :ROFLMAO:
What?! All my babies, except my current, cried at the drops! My 3rd had never cried before, and lost her tit, and almost choked on them 🙈

What's the best way to steralize new bottle teats? I use MAM and do them in the microwave. Is cold water and sterilising fluid enough? 😬

What's the best way to steralize new bottle teats? I use MAM and do them in the microwave. Is cold water and sterilising fluid enough? 😬
I’ve only ever cold water sterilised anything except the one microwave Mam bottle. Never had a problem

Reactions: 1
My son hid it under his tongue & smiled. The nurse was most put out 😂
We are 48 hours post 16 week jabs, yesterday wasn’t too bad, today’s been hysterical screaming & off feed. So sad as he’s usually such a happy boy.

• Haha
Are they teats for the Mam bottles. I just wash them in the sink and then do them with the whole bottles in the microwave with the water

I wash them in hot soapy water then just microwave them with the rest of the bottle.

What?! All my babies, except my current, cried at the drops! My 3rd had never cried before, and lost her tit, and almost choked on them 🙈
When I got home and told my partner, he said he thought it was bullshit that she'd never had a baby cry at them before!

My son hid it under his tongue & smiled. The nurse was most put out 😂
We are 48 hours post 16 week jabs, yesterday wasn’t too bad, today’s been hysterical screaming & off feed. So sad as he’s usually such a happy boy.
It's horrible seeing them like that! We had the same following 16 weeks. Took him a few days to get back to his usual self. Hope he feels better soon!

Everyone told me they just sleep loads after the jabs.. my baby was up even more than ever!

What age did you start weaning your babies for mums of older ones? I’ve just seen something that’s really shocked me.
a girl I know (she lives in America) has a baby that is 2 weeks older than mine so baby is 17 weeks. She’s started feeding her... but the baby can’t even sit up yet, she’s literally sat in her dads lap and the
Mum is (attempting to) spoon feeding her with carrot purée. Surely 17 weeks is too early and I always thought baby has to be able to sit up unaided?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
What age did you start weaning your babies for mums of older ones? I’ve just seen something that’s really shocked me.
a girl I know (she lives in America) has a baby that is 2 weeks older than mine so baby is 17 weeks. She’s started feeding her... but the baby can’t even sit up yet, she’s literally sat in her dads lap and the
Mum is (attempting to) spoon feeding her with carrot purée. Surely 17 weeks is too early and I always thought baby has to be able to sit up unaided?
Completely too early, unless she's been told specifically by a doctor or paediatrician. I started weaning at 6 months, baby had been sitting up from 4-5 months so could definitely support himself too x

Completely too early, unless she's been told specifically by a doctor or paediatrician. I started weaning at 6 months, baby had been sitting up from 4-5 months so could definitely support himself too x
I mean I don’t know whether she has been told by a paediatrician but either way, just crazy!! My health visitor said I could start solids from 18 weeks which I find ridiculous

It's usually 6 months. Or as close to as possible.
I started purees with my second at 5 months... She could sit up unaided. And then once we hit 6 months, we went onto baby led weaning.

The main thing is baby being able to sit up unaided though whether they're 6 months or older.well, that's what I've always been told anyway

My little one is 5 months next week, and she can hold herself up we’ve just literally started the purée route this past few days…
Be prepared mummas it is hilarious watching their little faces with the new texture and tastes for these little people! 🤣

equally any tips please throw them this way!!

My little one is 5 months next week, and she can hold herself up we’ve just literally started the purée route this past few days…
Be prepared mummas it is hilarious watching their little faces with the new texture and tastes for these little people! 🤣

equally any tips please throw them this way!!
Biggest tip, Don't try too many different flavours at once, so if they do react to anything, it's easier to work out what 😊😊

We started a week before first daughter was 6 months,

I’m definitely going to take things slower this time with everything, i felt last time i wanted to achieve each milestone quickly, and didnt get to actually fully enjoy each moment, it really does go by so quickly

Also with the weaning, she really wasn’t fussed with meals for ages, i would say 13/14 months is when she would enjoy for example a breakfast and I spent so long preparing food which she would have one mouthful of 🤦🏽‍♀️🤣 i really wanted to do everything fresh but hated all the waste so ended up using a lot pouches 🥴

My best tip for weaning is to avoid any insta weaning accounts! They’re all faddy and just aimed at making you buy expensive bowls, or wasting your time making unnecessarily complicated concoctions.

NHS start4life, your own instinct and a hoover (or a greedy dog) are all you need. 😂

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.