New baby / post birth advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg we’ve got 8 week jabs tomorrow I’m dreading it now! I can’t remember my first being particularly bothered by it? But maybe I’ve forgotten 😱
Mine have never been bothered. Don't worry, it's not all haha. Mine have always just slept loads for a day or so after

Reactions: 1
I think that’s what my first did actually, just slept. 🤞🏻for the same this time. 😂

Another one who had no bother with both 8 week jabs, they cried but they settled pretty quickly.

hopefully for everyone taking their little kids for their one’s jabs are ok

• Heart
Yeah hope everyone else’s babes are ok with their jabs. Poor bairns what an ordeal to go through at only 8 weeks old 😢 ❤

Mine has just had his 16 week jabs, he had a fever, seemed unwell and slept from the injection time until 7 this morning. Only waking to feed. I’d say he had a mild reaction. Similar reaction at the 8 week jabs.
He had a much harder time of it at the 12 week ones. He was very unwell for 3/4 days. The nurse said most babies have more significant side effects at the 8 & 16 week jabs because of the meningitis vaccine. We found 12 week ones worse.

My boy has his 16 week ones today, preparing him with a dose of paracetamol 1/2 before we go. Hoping he has a smooth run like the previous ones…🙊 good luck to all the other babies having theirs today

Reactions: 2
Caring mother that I am, if they scream I just tell them “you’d be screaming a lot louder if you got polio” 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Do Aldi only do their premium nappies up to size 3? Just popped in and I’m hoping it’s my local store that just doesn’t have them

Ok I’ve just checked online and they don’t seem to do the premium range past size 3 🤨 can anyone recommend a decent affordable brand please 😁 I hate the normal Aldi ones!

Last edited:
Do Aldi only do their premium nappies up to size 3? Just popped in and I’m hoping it’s my local store that just doesn’t have them

Ok I’ve just checked online and they don’t seem to do the premium range past size 3 🤨 can anyone recommend a decent affordable brand please 😁 I hate the normal Aldi ones!
I grabbed a small pack from all of the supermarkets and tested them all 😊
Only way I could find the ones I preffered 😊
Currently using Asda but learnt they're only good up to a certain size and then switched to Sainsbury's

Mega paranoid about pp hair loss and I keep finding hairs on my baby’s clothes 😭😭 hoping it’s cause I’ve not washed my hair for a few days. I’ve not got thick hair as it is!
I got my hair cut short about 2 months after I had my baby, my hair brush and plug hole after I’ve had a shower is full of hair but my hair is that thick you wouldn’t notice it, I shed like a dog pre pregnancy anyway 😅😅

Tesco’s rascal and friends are good, Fred & flow are quite good too never had any problems with leaking or anything. I started off using Lidl and they where good but once I moved up to size 2 they started leaking, I’m currently using pampers, I know they are dearer though

I got my hair cut short about 2 months after I had my baby, my hair brush and plug hole after I’ve had a shower is full of hair but my hair is that thick you wouldn’t notice it, I shed like a dog pre pregnancy anyway 😅😅

Tesco’s rascal and friends are good, Fred & flow are quite good too never had any problems with leaking or anything. I started off using Lidl and they where good but once I moved up to size 2 they started leaking, I’m currently using pampers, I know they are dearer though
I’ve tested many many many brands and definitely rascal and friends are the best we’ve found.

Does anyone have any experience increasing their milk supply? Baby is 3 weeks and not yet back at birth weight, stayed the same for the last week. Health visitor has suggested taking fenugreek but keen to hear others pearls of wisdom!

Does anyone have any experience increasing their milk supply? Baby is 3 weeks and not yet back at birth weight, stayed the same for the last week. Health visitor has suggested taking fenugreek but keen to hear others pearls of wisdom!
The best way to up supply is to increase removal of milk. So lots of feeding, lots of skin to skin with baby, and then pumping at set times as well. Power pumping is supposed to be good for increasing supply.

You’ll read online about various things to consume (oats etc) which will up supply, but they aren’t necessarily going to do much at all. You are best just cosying up with baby for a few days, giving as many chores as possible to your oh or any family/friends who can help, and simply feeding, feeding, feeding. At 3 weeks your supply is still regulating so it shouldn’t take a huge amount of time to increase supply.

Reactions: 3
I exclusively pumped with my first for 2 months and fenugreek hugely helped me.

Thanks for replying. When I pump I get next to nothing which is disheartening so I’m hoping it helps me too!
It’s still really early days, don’t be too disheartened ❤ Your baby will remove milk far better than a pump, not everyone responds so well to a pump (I never pumped much at all and have fed my babies without issue).

Thanks for replying. When I pump I get next to nothing which is disheartening so I’m hoping it helps me too!
There’s a few of us here that feed perfectly fine but don’t get a great deal from pumping. I found this girl on Instagram, she’s got some really good feeding stuff and this below which I didn’t know how to size before
7F7D7951-587F-4DBA-B351-E2E8182237CB.jpeg

• Heart
12 hours post jabs and we’ve had a lot of sleeping and a some very dramatic crying but nothing too bad 🥵

Does anyone else’s babies bloody love calpol!? My little ones face lit up when she had her first taste today… 😂

• Heart
12 hours post jabs and we’ve had a lot of sleeping and a some very dramatic crying but nothing too bad 🥵

Does anyone else’s babies bloody love calpol!? My little ones face lit up when she had her first taste today… 😂
Fast forward 18months/2years and they refuse it like it’s poison 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.