New baby / post birth advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fussy baby alert 📣

Absolutely knackered. The baby is so fussy these last few days, he’s done a good lot of screaming today. He was so placid until this time last week and now he’s a super fuss pants.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Fussy baby alert 📣

Absolutely knackered. The baby is so fussy these last few days, he’s done a good lot of screaming today. He was so placid until this time last week and now he’s a super fuss pants.
Do you have the wonder weeks app? Could be a load of bs but it helped me with my first as it was nice to have a 'reason' for fussiness

Hope he settles soon 🤞🏼 also 'tiger in tree' hold is a fav of my boys xx

Reactions: 2
Fussy baby alert 📣

Is it a full moon? Having a mare over here too 🤯

Is it a full moon? Having a mare over here too 🤯
Must be!! Sorry you’re having a rough day xx

Do you have the wonder weeks app? Could be a load of bs but it helped me with my first as it was nice to have a 'reason' for fussiness

Hope he settles soon 🤞🏼 also 'tiger in tree' hold is a fav of my boys xx
Yes lots of tiger-ing, to no avail 😬 I don’t use the WW app anymore, it definitely fitted well with my eldest, but my second screamed non stop so it got chucked as it was telling me he was in a sunny period and he was being demonic 🤣🤣🤣 just checked Google and we are in leap 1, so maybe it will end soon (I’m not holding my breath though. The demonic eldest son means I’m prepped for this to last until he’s 2!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Hi all had my baby 3 months ago now by c section does anyone else have pain after weeing? Like a kind of odd pressure from above the scar so weird 😫 another thing is the pp hair loss seeing my hair fall out in big chunks is so depressing I knew it was common but my hair is everywhere on every bit of clothing even on the baby 😭 and that lady who’s friend done a bunch of nice things for her I’d kill to have someone like that! Can already count on one hand the amount of people who said they’d come and visit and keep in touch who I haven’t heard from since baby was born.

• Heart
and that lady who’s friend done a bunch of nice things for her I’d kill to have someone like that! Can already count on one hand the amount of people who said they’d come and visit and keep in touch who I haven’t heard from since baby was born.
I totally agree. Everyone made such a fuss when my first was born and always offered to help out and visit. When I was pregnant this time around all I got was "I'll visit and be on hand to help out when you need it/when your partners back at work (12hr shifts)" and since then no ones offered to help. They all wanted to rush over when she was first born but now she's approaching 4 weeks, I'll get the odd text asking how she is but never how I am and not wanting to visit us anymore. It's so BS 😭

Hi all had my baby 3 months ago now by c section does anyone else have pain after weeing? Like a kind of odd pressure from above the scar so weird 😫 another thing is the pp hair loss seeing my hair fall out in big chunks is so depressing I knew it was common but my hair is everywhere on every bit of clothing even on the baby 😭 and that lady who’s friend done a bunch of nice things for her I’d kill to have someone like that! Can already count on one hand the amount of people who said they’d come and visit and keep in touch who I haven’t heard from since baby was born.
Hi! I’m 3 months PP too from C section.
I can’t say I have pain when wee, I did for the first two weeks but it soon went. I would get it checked out if you are worried!
Could be a urine infection??
My hair is falling out a lot too, it’s so depressing. I found a hair in my babies mouth ☹☹ He nearly swallowed it 😅 I felt awful, but there isn’t alot we can do without spending a fortune on vitamins!
I try not to use heat , wash it every 3rd day if I can help it, and also tie it up in a ponytail, it helps a little but not a lot tbh. I really hope this doesn’t last too long cause I’ll have nothing left 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh my god, we were up 12 times last night. I am so tired. The 4 month sleep regression is very very real!!!

• Heart
With my first i felt like the sleep regressions were never ending, we would come out of one, have a good few weeks and then another one would happen.

I remember reading online that most people only go through one of the regressions but not us, we went through it all! 😫

good luck to everyone going through it, hopefully its just a short phase 🤞🏽

little moan alert 🚨- I was really looking forward to going through the newborn stage this time, knowing what i’m doing, even looking forward to the night feeds etc and generally being able to enjoy it more.

we had a good 2 weeks and then silent reflux hit and I feel its been taken away from me, and all i’m seeing online is everyone enjoying their newborn cuddles and days with their babies, i know most put their best bits online but i just feel sad That i can’t enjoy it, everything is tough, she has to be fed upright at all time so feel like i can’t engage with her when feeding,

she doesn’t like to be held much due to pressue on stomach and will constantly squirm in whatever position i hold her, can’t lie flat on her back at all, so nights are tough as I have to stay up all night holding her up right and she isn’t even that comfortable most of the time, and mainly its just tough seeing her in discomfort and unhappy all the time

my first had reflux and grew out of it by 4/5 months so hoping she will grow out of quickly too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Oh my god, we were up 12 times last night. I am so tired. The 4 month sleep regression is very very real!!!
Sending love, that’s a rough night. X

I agree about getting it checked out, but I would still sometimes get a bit of pain when using the toilet (5 weeks pp) but not every time.

With my first i felt like the sleep regressions were never ending, we would come out of one, have a good few weeks and then another one would happen.

I remember reading online that most people only go through one of the regressions but not us, we went through it all! 😫

good luck to everyone going through it, hopefully its just a short phase 🤞🏽

little moan alert 🚨- I was really looking forward to going through the newborn stage this time, knowing what i’m doing, even looking forward to the night feeds etc and generally being able to enjoy it more.

we had a good 2 weeks and then silent reflux hit and I feel its been taken away from me, and all i’m seeing online is everyone enjoying their newborn cuddles and days with their babies, i know most put their best bits online but i just feel sad That i can’t enjoy it, everything is tough, she has to be fed upright at all time so feel like i can’t engage with her when feeding,

she doesn’t like to be held much due to pressue on stomach and will constantly squirm in whatever position i hold her, can’t lie flat on her back at all, so nights are tough as I have to stay up all night holding her up right and she isn’t even that comfortable most of the time, and mainly its just tough seeing her in discomfort and unhappy all the time

my first had reflux and grew out of it by 4/5 months so hoping she will grow out of quickly too.
I can relate to everything you're saying. Silent reflux really ruined the first 2-3 months of the newborn stage for me - he screamed, I cried tonnes. It's so so rough!!

We've had terrible sleep from the get go and I had almost become used to it but can't function when up 12 times a night.

• Heart
I can relate to everything you're saying. Silent reflux really ruined the first 2-3 months of the newborn stage for me - he screamed, I cried tonnes. It's so so rough!!

We've had terrible sleep from the get go and I had almost become used to it but can't function when up 12 times a night.
Some nights are just absolutely horrendous. My second was our worst sleeper by far. Cried non stop, up for hours during the night, would wake 8+ times every night. His whole first 3 years were a sleep regression! It is so hard to function on such broken, poor quality sleep. It makes everything else ten times harder to deal with. You really have got lots of sympathy from me today, because I’ve had many days wondering how on earth I’m going to survive because I’m so exhausted. I hope tonight is better for you

• Heart
Some nights are just absolutely horrendous. My second was our worst sleeper by far. Cried non stop, up for hours during the night, would wake 8+ times every night. His whole first 3 years were a sleep regression! It is so hard to function on such broken, poor quality sleep. It makes everything else ten times harder to deal with. You really have got lots of sympathy from me today, because I’ve had many days wondering how on earth I’m going to survive because I’m so exhausted. I hope tonight is better for you
We also joke and say that he's been in a sleep regression since birth!! It's so hard isn't it. At what point did you find it improved? I feel so sad that 4 times a night up is considered a good night here!! I just feel like I must be doing something wrong for him to literally never sleep. Naps are so short in the day also!

Thanks for the reply, it's comforting to know that it's not just us!

• Heart
Reactions: 1

It really does suck, i think lack of sleep is making it seem worse for me as well.

12 nights is rough! You’re basically awake the whole night. I hope you get through it quickly ❤

I’m 7 weeks pp I had a 4th degree tear and it doesn’t hurt anymore down there but still in lots of pain when I go for a poo (sorry tmi) I’ve not managed to go yet without ending up crying. I stopped bleeding last week finally and now my husbands pestering me for sex. I just don’t feel ready I don’t know what to do, he was stroking me through my knickers the other night while I slept. Which really pissed me off, the baby has me up between 2-5am every night without fail and wake ups before the last thing I need when I’m asleep is him waking me. Any advice to tell him to back off without pissing him off?

• Heart
I’m 7 weeks pp I had a 4th degree tear and it doesn’t hurt anymore down there but still in lots of pain when I go for a poo (sorry tmi) I’ve not managed to go yet without ending up crying. I stopped bleeding last week finally and now my husbands pestering me for sex. I just don’t feel ready I don’t know what to do, he was stroking me through my knickers the other night while I slept. Which really pissed me off, the baby has me up between 2-5am every night without fail and wake ups before the last thing I need when I’m asleep is him waking me. Any advice to tell him to back off without pissing him off?
sorry to hear that, tbh I wouldnt worry about pissing him off, your body is still recovering, just because the usual advice is wait 6 weeks doesn’t mean you’ll be ready. you literally pushed a tiny human out!

Just explain to him your still in a lot of pain, your partner should be able to understand that.

i had a tiny tear with my first and it took a good 3 months for me to have the courage to even think of having sex.

• Heart
Just tell him to back off. You’ve just pushed a baby out of your body which has torn you vag to butthole and he’s pestering you for sex in your sleep???!?? Tough tit if he gets pissed off, He needs to grow up is that’s the case!
This isn’t the 50s, you’re not obligated.

I’m 4 months pp and still don’t fancy sex particularly. Between having a baby hanging off my boobs or just on me near constantly, caring for her around the clock while still running the house and still suffering from pregnancy constipation I’m just not up for it. It’s tit for both of us but I’m not worried about ‘pissing him off’ and if he touched me in my sleep when he knew I didn’t want it he’d be out.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
We also joke and say that he's been in a sleep regression since birth!! It's so hard isn't it. At what point did you find it improved? I feel so sad that 4 times a night up is considered a good night here!! I just feel like I must be doing something wrong for him to literally never sleep. Naps are so short in the day also!

Thanks for the reply, it's comforting to know that it's not just us!
I don’t want to scare you, but my son only started sleeping all night at 4.5 (years, not months!) probably from about 2yo it improved to only waking 2-3 times a night and going straight back over with a cuddle. The waking for hours stopped about 20 months, and that was fab as even being woken up 5+ times is better than being awake for 2+ hours every night!

Do you, or would you consider, bed sharing? It’s the only thing that saved my sanity with him. Meant a few minutes extra sleep each side of a waking as I didn’t have to get up.

I had a 3rd degree with my second and didn't have sex until 15 weeks after and even then it was still painful!

I don't have any advice really but I would say don't worry about pissing him off! It isn't fair to put that pressure on you! ❤

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.