New baby / post birth advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any recommendations for cradle cap? I keep finding myself picking at it
My little one had really bad cradle cap her hair would come out in chunks with the bits of skin

Dentinox cradle cap shampoo sorted it out no bother though.

For the mamas postpartum flakey scalp and hair loss the body shop ginger shampoo is great (at the risk of sounding like swfeebs ) my hair stopped falling out and my flaky scalp cleared up after 1 or 2 washes.

Reactions: 4
I think il have to invest in some of that, thank you. I think now the worlds opening up abit I need to look half decent and not like I’ve been dragged through a bush backwards
I haven’t tried a cup, they look fiddly and I’m super clumsy so can see myself dropping it everywhere and it looking like a bloodbath please say that periods start to get lighter as the months go on…

it does sometimes look like a bloodbath with a cup, it can be a bit messy! I am very squeamish and not at all comfortable fiddling about up there (like I know some people check their own cervix etc, absolutely not for me!) but I’ve found I got over it quickly with the cup. Keep it in mind anyway My periods are always heavy, and because I breastfeed they aren’t usually back until about 18months but can’t say I’ve noticed them worse than per pregnancy, so hopefully yours will settle.

Two pregnancies in and my periods are defintiely heavier than pre babies. I remember with my first I had my first period after birth at Xmas and bled all over the mother in laws dining room chairs. I was absolutely mortified.

Reactions: 1
Random post pregnancy symptom:

Achey joints.

This is baby 4 and the first time I’ve ever had it, but a friend said she had it with all 3, and another friend also has it currently after birth. I felt like a properly old lady, every joint was so sore and creaky! Never knew that was a thing.

I never had this the other times but this time, my back, my knees, shoulders.. Even my shins hurt?! What

Reactions: 2
I had forgotten about this- defintiely had it first time around but not this time thank goodness!
It does pass I promise.

I never had this the other times but this time, my back, my knees, shoulders.. Even my shins hurt?! What
So glad I’m not the only one it struck out of the blue! I was waking up in the mornings and my fingers especially would be agony! Wrists and ankles were awful too, but my fingers! Made me scared for being an old lady. My poor wee granny has bad arthritis and it must be absolute hell living like that every day

Has anyone else ever taken erythromycin and had really bad stomach cramps and feeling sick? I got prescribed it on Thursday for an infection and all day today my stomach has been a bit crampy and uncomfortable.

Oh my god, thank you! I am SO ACHEY, my legs and back in particular! I’ve not seen anyone else say this. I genuinely feel like I’ve aged about 30 years
I’m hoping a couple of sports massages may help. Did your friend say how long it lasted for?!

Reactions: 3
Oh yes, thank you for mentioning this. My knees are SO painful. Every morning and in the night when I get up. It's such a strange one! Really hoping it's not a permanent thing

Reactions: 3
Oh yes, thank you for mentioning this. My knees are SO painful. Every morning and in the night when I get up. It's such a strange one! Really hoping it's not a permanent thing

Mine has gone already at 3 weeks pp, but my friend said hers lasted a few months. It definitely goes though!

What would you ladies do about a 3 month old with a cough? Me, husband and my 3 yr old all had covid in January when I was pregnant and at her birth so feeling it’s unlikely to be covid but not sure if we should test her.

What would you ladies do about a 3 month old with a cough? Me, husband and my 3 yr old all had covid in January when I was pregnant and at her birth so feeling it’s unlikely to be covid but not sure if we should test her.
Do they test little ones? Personally I wouldn’t do anything about it for such a young baby, unless it persists or more symptoms appear. But you could phone your doctor or health visitor and ask them

Guys can I have some advice please how would you guys feel about this?

So I had my 2nd little girl a week ago, when I had my first little girl my mum died 4 weeks after she was born. One of my aunties has just text me to ask if she can have a lock of each of my girls hair to put in a box and bury with my mum. Like dig a hole above her coffin and put the box in there.

The idea horrifies me actually and it’s made me really upset. Am I being totally unreasonable? I want to to say no but I know my dad would be really angry if I did.

Reactions: 7
You’re not being unreasonable at all! Why would your Dad be angry? I would just go down the route of “sorry I don’t feel comfortable doing it right now” so you’re not necessarily saying no but hopefully she will forget about it. I hope I don’t offend but it seems like a bit of an odd request

I’m glad you think so too I think it’s actually horrific! Thanks for reassuring me I’m not crazy.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.