New baby / post birth advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my goodness, sending all the love to the mamas! I know it's really crappy of me to say but things will get easier. And it's so soon that we can all hang out with our families soon (and they can help) 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sending love to everyone ❤ New babies are hard hard work whatever other situations you’re trying to fit them in around. Hope everyone is getting the help they need, and if you’re not ASK FOR IT!!! ❤

What’s everyone’s most hated postpartum symptom then? Mine was night sweats with my first but this time it’s the swelling my legs are like balloons and also the hunger I’m so hungry and I’m not even breast feeding!! I actually nearly vomited this morning I was so hungry at 5am 😧

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Sending love to everyone ❤ New babies are hard hard work whatever other situations you’re trying to fit them in around. Hope everyone is getting the help they need, and if you’re not ASK FOR IT!!! ❤

What’s everyone’s most hated postpartum symptom then? Mine was night sweats with my first but this time it’s the swelling my legs are like balloons and also the hunger I’m so hungry and I’m not even breast feeding!! I actually nearly vomited this morning I was so hungry at 5am 😧
Mine is the hateful pp bleeding, and the not fitting in to any clothes. Maternity clothes don’t fit, my normal clothes don’t fit, I have about 3 things to wear 😭 and my leggings have holes from over use!

Reactions: 5

I hate the night sweats too! Was not prepared for that at all, and I feel like I’m only just getting over them six months in. Nightmare!

The night sweats are the absolute pits. This morning I thought I was running a temperature as still sweating at 8am but no just the joys of pp life!

I heard about the night sweats but thankfully didn't have them. The worst for me was when my milk came in and the first days of agony. Never felt a sensation like it. Also, the constant leaking was such a pain. Wet clothes, leaking in the shower, bending over and milk dripping 😂

Does anyone have any helpful tips to help the baby blues? I'm on day 3 of them and my god I feel like an awful emotional big mess. I'm really worried if it's just normal to feel this way or not as I really struggled with PNA/PND after my first. Just finding life difficult/not much support/dealing with toddler and newborn life and feel like the weight of the worlds on my shoulders. I'm just exhausted
I got the baby blues on day 3 the same day I got my milk through, the hormones must go crazy around then. I was crying at the tiniest things, totally sleep deprived, shouting at my 3 year old and then crying because I felt like the worst mum and had a big row with my husband and told him I don’t even know if I want to be with him anymore. I’m 15 days post birth now and the hormones have settled down and I feel more tired than bursting into tears, that first week was really hard and I don’t remember feeling it the baby blues that badly with my first. I hope it settles for you soon but you are not alone, it is really hard and I agree with other posters men do not understand at all ❤

• Heart

Oh definitely the night sweats!! I woke up and my hair feels wet and sticky yuck 🤮 cold showers are my saviour hahaha! Also I'm like a horse with what I'm eating, nothings enough!!!

Hello ladies!
so happy to come across this thread, my wonderful baby girl is just shy of 12 weeks old now ( time flies! )
Starting back at the gym tomorrow which I’m dreading lol but it’s so needed. Does anyone else just feel lost sometimes ? I am a first time mum and struggle to remind myself that I’m not just mum that I’m a person too I feel like I’ve lost myself and hate my body but at the same time absolutely love it for what it’s done in growing my amazing daughter

I got the baby blues on day 3 the same day I got my milk through, the hormones must go crazy around then. I was crying at the tiniest things, totally sleep deprived, shouting at my 3 year old and then crying because I felt like the worst mum and had a big row with my husband and told him I don’t even know if I want to be with him anymore. I’m 15 days post birth now and the hormones have settled down and I feel more tired than bursting into tears, that first week was really hard and I don’t remember feeling it the baby blues that badly with my first. I hope it settles for you soon but you are not alone, it is really hard and I agree with other posters men do not understand at all ❤
Thank you so much!! I'm 11 days PP now and hoping it'll ease pretty soon. I'm just such an over thinker and so worried when my partner needs to return to work and I'm at home with the 2 kids and worried how i'll cope. I'm definitely gonna be reaching out to family for help I think and try not feel guilty for doing so! Hope you're feeling better ❣

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you so much!! I'm 11 days PP now and hoping it'll ease pretty soon. I'm just such an over thinker and so worried when my partner needs to return to work and I'm at home with the 2 kids and worried how i'll cope. I'm definitely gonna be reaching out to family for help I think and try not feel guilty for doing so! Hope you're feeling better ❣
I started feeling better a few days ago so hopefully you do too soon ❤ Definitely speak to your friends and family, my best friend has 2 kids and I told her how Iv been feeling and she’s reassured me it’s all normal and an adjustment period, Iv been taking vitamin D and trying to get out the house with the baby when my eldest is at nursery too just so I’m not stuck inside constantly, I think that helps too x

• Heart
I am 9 weeks PP and I have horrendous flaky scalp, and I’m losing my hair already. I have very thick hair anyway, but when I had my hair cut the other day the hairdresser was showing me all the ‘new hair’ at the back of my head that was growing post partum..I’d never heard of it before, I assume it’s cause I’m losing hair it’s being replaced soon after?
I’m clueless on post partum effects, I was too busy making sure I was clued up on pregnancy and looking after a tiny human that I didn’t have a clue what to expect.
Also when did everyone get their first period PP? I had mine at 7 weeks, it was soo heavy I had to double up on pads, and wear the biggest tampon known to man 🤣 (i asked the midwife if it was ok to use tampons for my first period and she ok’d it) this still wasn’t enough, I leaked several times, not fun 😢😢

Hello ladies!
so happy to come across this thread, my wonderful baby girl is just shy of 12 weeks old now ( time flies! )
Starting back at the gym tomorrow which I’m dreading lol but it’s so needed. Does anyone else just feel lost sometimes ? I am a first time mum and struggle to remind myself that I’m not just mum that I’m a person too I feel like I’ve lost myself and hate my body but at the same time absolutely love it for what it’s done in growing my amazing daughter
Being a FTM is so hard, you definitely do struggle with that shift from just being you to being mum 24:7. The newborn days are so intense, and you don’t get much time to switch off from it, and that can be really difficult to manage when you are used to just having yourself to sort out. But as they get older it does ease, I promise you.

I am 9 weeks PP and I have horrendous flaky scalp, and I’m losing my hair already. I have very thick hair anyway, but when I had my hair cut the other day the hairdresser was showing me all the ‘new hair’ at the back of my head that was growing post partum..I’d never heard of it before, I assume it’s cause I’m losing hair it’s being replaced soon after?
I’m clueless on post partum effects, I was too busy making sure I was clued up on pregnancy and looking after a tiny human that I didn’t have a clue what to expect.
Also when did everyone get their first period PP? I had mine at 7 weeks, it was soo heavy I had to double up on pads, and wear the biggest tampon known to man 🤣 (i asked the midwife if it was ok to use tampons for my first period and she ok’d it) this still wasn’t enough, I leaked several times, not fun 😢😢
Ahhh the baby hair growth 🙈 definitely not fun! The front of my hair is always totally wild looking because of my post partum new growth hairs. And just when they get to a decent length I have another baby 🤣 if you are struggling with them at the front, or if they are sticking up all over the place, you can get a thing which is like a mascara tube and wand, with hair gel inside. I use it every day to tame the insanity!

For periods, have you ever tried a menstrual cup? I have heavy periods in general, and find a cup holds so much more than a tampon (and I hate pads so never use them). They can be a bit icky to start, but once you get used to it I swear they are an absolute godsend. I wish I’d discovered them 20 years ago.

Any recommendations for cradle cap? I keep finding myself picking at it 🙈😬

Kokoso coconut oil! My baby has cradle cap in his eyebrows and it’s practically cleared it up. It’s AMAZING, You can get it from boots for about 7 quid I think x

I heard about the night sweats but thankfully didn't have them. The worst for me was when my milk came in and the first days of agony. Never felt a sensation like it. Also, the constant leaking was such a pain. Wet clothes, leaking in the shower, bending over and milk dripping 😂
Yess! The constant leaking is so annoying 😂
To start with I was sleeping without a top or anything and during night feeds, I'm there to my partner like... Umm can you wipe my stomach.. Its dribbling 😂
And then at one point, I was in the shower, washing, lifted boob up and squirted myself in the face 😂
Hahaha! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Ahh I bloody love picking at their cradle cap! Honestly I’ve never found anything to work long term. Even if it takes it away, it’s soon back again. My 5.5yo son still has it in his hair, and I believe the only reason the girls don’t have it is the regular brushing which is what I think really helps get rid of it when they are slightly older

Ahh I bloody love picking at their cradle cap! Honestly I’ve never found anything to work long term. Even if it takes it away, it’s soon back again. My 5.5yo son still has it in his hair, and I believe the only reason the girls don’t have it is the regular brushing which is what I think really helps get rid of it when they are slightly older
My partner has told me off for picking it 😂 I can’t help it tho.

Reactions: 2
My partner has told me off for picking it 😂 I can’t help it tho.
Mine does the same! But it’s too tempting! The worst bit for my kids is that they all are born with loads of hair and when the cradle cap comes off it always pulls loads of their hair out too 😬😬

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.