New baby and post birth advice #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh! It’s just weird! I know they’ve been upgraded to grandparent and it may take some getting use to buy come on.

@Definitelyme after the dry skin chat, just been changing my baby and she’s got dry skin on both sides of her stomach! The baby aveeno is out.
I have a dry baby. And I smother her in e45. Though trying to get a vest on a greased baby is interesting / challenging 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Aveeno dermexa balm is honestly amazing my girl has awful eczema we’ve been referred to a dermatologist and this has helped so much as for the scalp I put the baby oil on my hand and rub it into the dry patches about three hours before a bath and If you gently rub a sponge on it in the bath it will come off you will see the dry bits absorb the oil and hopefully hey presto! @Definitelyme we once put my step son in the adult bath not realising he would be like a bar of soap safe to say we never did that again haha x

Hey ladies! I’ve finally graduated from the pregnancy thread and gave birth to my beautiful girl yesterday.

Happy to be here and keep the Xmas baby pics coming 😂🥰

I feel great and birth couldn’t of gone better, I hope she never grows I want her to stay this tiny forever!
Congratulations sending you a hug and don’t do too much at once enjoy your baby bubbles🥰

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Finn has been asleep since 9:45 and I still sleeping now. Amazing. Tell me then why I’ve woken up every hour or so. Why are we cursed to sleep badly even when our babies have a good night 😩

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Finn has been asleep since 9:45 and I still sleeping now. Amazing. Tell me then why I’ve woken up every hour or so. Why are we cursed to sleep badly even when our babies have a good night 😩
It never ends 😂
I still do the same with my 3 year old.
She usually wakes up at 7 or before. This morning she didn't come in until just now. Spent the whole time thinking something must be wrong 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
That’s incredible! Abi is in a new crib and she is sending herself crazy with all the space, she was diagonal by 4am with her head against the mesh. She stirs all night atm 🥱

• Heart
Just doing a bit of research for my giant baby.
I've found so far that John Lewis and next seem to have the most leg room in their sleepsuits. Asda are the smallest in the same size. Sainsbury's somewhere in between. Anyone found anywhere else that has more length in their sleepsuits?

Reactions: 1
I've found so far that John Lewis and next seem to have the most leg room in their sleepsuits. Asda are the smallest in the same size. Sainsbury's somewhere in between. Anyone found anywhere else that has more length in their sleepsuits?
I've found Primark to be quite big on their sizing

I find H&M clothes very generous all round. Tesco have always seemed big fitting to me as well.

We find Next quite big, along with John Lewis. Asda and M&S are always smaller for us. H&M are good too, they have lots of footless ones which seem to last a lot longer here.

Reactions: 2
Hi Ladies abit of honest advice needed
Iv got a now 5month old beautiful little boy. But iv noticed alot of family members kissing him all over and getting up into his face alot. I understand they want to be close to him but it's making me uneasy
I know he's not newborn anymore but I still think he's so young and with all this covid going around it makes me so anxious
But do I say something to them? Would you? Or do you guys think that it's good for them to have some germs now?
I think the covid things has made me a little anxious about germs regarding my baby so I don't know if I'm being too cautious?
Also is it normal for me to be really anxious still when people just pick him up without asking me? Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi Ladies abit of honest advice needed
Iv got a now 5month old beautiful little boy. But iv noticed alot of family members kissing him all over and getting up into his face alot. I understand they want to be close to him but it's making me uneasy
I know he's not newborn anymore but I still think he's so young and with all this covid going around it makes me so anxious
But do I say something to them? Would you? Or do you guys think that it's good for them to have some germs now?
I think the covid things has made me a little anxious about germs regarding my baby so I don't know if I'm being too cautious?
Also is it normal for me to be really anxious still when people just pick him up without asking me? Xxx
I’ve had exactly the same. I sent a group message that included most of the family saying about the rising rates of Covid and that it’s flu season so please lateral flow before visiting, use hand sanitizer (very subtle- I’ve got a little table with some on outside the front door 😀) and please don’t kiss baby because he is so vulnerable and we want him to remain healthy and happy.

No one took offence and everyone said they understood x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve had exactly the same. I sent a group message that included most of the family saying about the rising rates of Covid and that it’s flu season so please lateral flow before visiting, use hand sanitizer (very subtle- I’ve got a little table with some on outside the front door 😀) and please don’t kiss baby because he is so vulnerable and we want him to remain healthy and happy.

No one took offence and everyone said they understood x
Thanks so much because I wondered if it was just me. Would people think I'm being awkward?? A nurse next door to us said to keep him well away from people with colds as A&E are full of babies babies some sort of respiratory condition. But because he's 5months now I didn't know if i was being overly cautious?
Iv noticed on etsy you can buy those signs that politely say keep your germs away, which I think I might buy so as to not have to keep mentioning jt, but serve as a gentle reminder.
I was so anxious yday watching family member kiss him all over and on the face. 😔I know I should learn to speak up but I get worried that I would cause offence when it's my partners side.

• Heart
Thanks so much because I wondered if it was just me. Would people think I'm being awkward?? A nurse next door to us said to keep him well away from people with colds as A&E are full of babies babies some sort of respiratory condition. But because he's 5months now I didn't know if i was being overly cautious?
Iv noticed on etsy you can buy those signs that politely say keep your germs away, which I think I might buy so as to not have to keep mentioning jt, but serve as a gentle reminder.
I was so anxious yday watching family member kiss him all over and on the face. 😔I know I should learn to speak up but I get worried that I would cause offence when it's my partners side.
I told my partner to tell his side for me, he didnt understand why and said because they’re Mediterranean they’re kissy but he did it anyway. They weren’t happy and we had to reiterate it when his nan was kissing her behind his back but I know it was right for my baby. Stick to your guns, it’s your baby x

• Heart
I told my partner to tell his side for me, he didnt understand why and said because they’re Mediterranean they’re kissy but he did it anyway. They weren’t happy and we had to reiterate it when his nan was kissing her behind his back but I know it was right for my baby. Stick to your guns, it’s your baby x
Thanks hun.
its interesting your partners family wasn't happy, I actually think this is the response we will be met with.
yeh I felt super anxious knowing this particular member works in a school and has been going to London for drinks etc. And I know she has to work and we all have to get back to normal,but my little boy is still so young and it upset me that she was all over him and didn't even ask if she could kiss him or pick him up etc.
Iv ordered a pram tag off etsy now which says keep your distance xxx

@Upintheair83 if It is making you feel anxious that is reason enough to ask people to give baby some distance. You’re his mummy, you know best for him, and whether anyone in your family thinks it’s OTT or not doesn’t matter, if that’s what you think is best and will help you sleep easier, that’s what happens. Sometimes as parents we have to put ourselves out of our comfort zone to do what we think is best for our little one, and kind of have a “screw everyone else” mentality. Sometimes we need to say uncomfortable things to people we love and put aside the worry, because we have to be the one who stands up for our little people. It’s not easy, but if it’s something you feel strongly about then go ahead and do it. X

• Heart
Thanks hun.
its interesting your partners family wasn't happy, I actually think this is the response we will be met with.
yeh I felt super anxious knowing this particular member works in a school and has been going to London for drinks etc. And I know she has to work and we all have to get back to normal,but my little boy is still so young and it upset me that she was all over him and didn't even ask if she could kiss him or pick him up etc.
Iv ordered a pram tag off etsy now which says keep your distance xxx
Yeah my sister in law has that tag too but I don’t look friendly enough for strangers to approach 🤣
Tbh it ended up my partner shouting that I was the mum and what I say goes. We were questioned on why, what her jabs were for (I said please wait til she’s had them) and his uncle said ‘yeah we’ll see about that’. I’ve been to two parties with her and refused to let anyone hold her. I don’t care if I look weird, it’ll be me holding her on sleepless nights or in hospital worst case so my rules. Not to be dramatic but be strong in your decision and don’t let anyone make you question yourself x

• Heart
@Upintheair83 if It is making you feel anxious that is reason enough to ask people to give baby some distance. You’re his mummy, you know best for him, and whether anyone in your family thinks it’s OTT or not doesn’t matter, if that’s what you think is best and will help you sleep easier, that’s what happens. Sometimes as parents we have to put ourselves out of our comfort zone to do what we think is best for our little one, and kind of have a “screw everyone else” mentality. Sometimes we need to say uncomfortable things to people we love and put aside the worry, because we have to be the one who stands up for our little people. It’s not easy, but if it’s something you feel strongly about then go ahead and do it. X
Thanks again for your words of wisdom on this thread. What would we all do without you on here? 🥰🥰 our mother hen with a heart of gold.
You know since being a mum iv learnt so much. I'm usually quite a shy person and I don't always speak up much. I seem to be one of those people that in life people seem to bulldozer over my feelings or opinions. But since having my little boy iv learnt that my intuition and my feelings do matter. That actually you can have all thr advice in the world but deep down I know that I know my baby best. And I need to remember that and stick to my guns.
I know I need to keep practicing finding my voice and speaking for my little boy when he can't.

Yeah my sister in law has that tag too but I don’t look friendly enough for strangers to approach 🤣
Tbh it ended up my partner shouting that I was the mum and what I say goes. We were questioned on why, what her jabs were for (I said please wait til she’s had them) and his uncle said ‘yeah we’ll see about that’. I’ve been to two parties with her and refused to let anyone hold her. I don’t care if I look weird, it’ll be me holding her on sleepless nights or in hospital worst case so my rules. Not to be dramatic but be strong in your decision and don’t let anyone make you question yourself x
This makes total sense and exactly what I needed to hear. As you say I shouldn't matter how it makes us look xxxx

• Heart
I know I need to keep practicing finding my voice and speaking for my little boy when he can't.
Again, me being dramatic, but speak up even when your voice shakes. I had to practise this at work to real bullies in leadership.
Also, it’s okay to apologise while you set your boundary until you’re comfortable with being clear with people x

• Heart
Again, me being dramatic, but speak up even when your voice shakes. I had to practise this at work to real bullies in leadership.
Also, it’s okay to apologise while you set your boundary until you’re comfortable with being clear with people x
It's not being dramatic I totally understand what you are saying, and I know it's what I need to do more of xxxxx

@Upintheair83 i’ve told my family to not kiss him on the face to avoid making him unwell. They may think I’m OTT but they’ve not said anything and even if they did think it I don’t mind. I’ve got to do what’s right for my baby. Also people should have a word with themselves if they’re annoyed that you don’t want to risk your baby getting poorly.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.