New baby and post birth advice #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am at a loss baby wakes up every two hours she used to sleep all night honestly losing my marbles I look like I’ve been dug up xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I am at a loss baby wakes up every two hours she used to sleep all night honestly losing my marbles I look like I’ve been dug up xx
Your LO is teething isn’t she? I’ve found that’s what’s completely thrown out sleep out the window. If she chomps down a lot during the day and is in discomfort I give her calpol and anbesol before bed. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn’t, hopefully it gets better for you soon! X

Reactions: 1
Snap she was thrashing and moaning since 2:30-7, even next to me in bed. Mr tango has her now while I catch up on sleep (but I’m literally browsing Amazon looking what to spend my money on)

Reactions: 3
10 days later and My stitches are irritating the absolute duck out of me! Not sore or anything, just annoying and the maternity pads are irritating them 😭 I still have to wear them as I’m still bleeding 🙄 any relief from this? I’m using the spritz for bits spray but I want a bit more relief 😭
I feel you! That's one thing I remember from my stitches 😂
I just kept imagining dragging my butt across the floor like dogs do and imagining how much relief that would give me because it must work if they do it 😂😂

I ended up getting in the bath a lot. Just for 15 minutes or so

@a.pain how did the rest of your night go? I wonder if baby couldn’t latch well if maybe you were a bit engorged, and that was frustrating her? If so, try expressing off a little bit first to soften your boob, and she may find it easier to latch. Sometimes then they get very hungry, in a bit of a tizzy and can’t settle themselves to eat, so you could try expressing a little bit of milk on to her lip, or just on to the end of your nipple so she gets the taste as that usually focuses them a little bit and helps them latch on with more purpose.

Reactions: 2
Everleigh woke up every 20-30 minutes last night 👌🏻
And was then wide awake at 5am 😑
She has a cold, my 3 year old has a cold, I have a cold 😑
What a fun weekend it's going to be.
All whilst my partner is working night shift 😑

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Does anyone have a Tripp trapp high chair? Are they worth the ££? Can only find reviews from influencers which don’t sound genuine (probs because they got theirs for free) 🙄

@a.pain how did the rest of your night go? I wonder if baby couldn’t latch well if maybe you were a bit engorged, and that was frustrating her? If so, try expressing off a little bit first to soften your boob, and she may find it easier to latch. Sometimes then they get very hungry, in a bit of a tizzy and can’t settle themselves to eat, so you could try expressing a little bit of milk on to her lip, or just on to the end of your nipple so she gets the taste as that usually focuses them a little bit and helps them latch on with more purpose.
Thank you for asking, She settled eventually but not til about 3am so I’m pretty pooped 😴 Definitely not engorged, she’s been feeding so much my boobs are like empty socks. I’m thinking she was just overtired and like you say getting herself in a frenzy trying to calm herself. No idea though really 🤷🏻‍♀️ Sometimes you feed them so much you wonder how you could possibly have any milk left! I think most of the feeds last night were just her wanting a boob in her mouth to try and fall asleep as she was falling asleep pretty quick but every time I put her down she was instantly awake again and furious!
My 3yo was sent home from nursery yesterday with a vomiting bug, OH slept in with her last night as we thought she would require care through the night- nope she didn’t throw up and they both had a great sleep 🙄 while I slowly died in our room with the non sleeping baby

• Heart
These guys have mastered 5 hours sleep over night 🥳 Which means 4 hours of solid kip instead of 2/3. I mean did I sleep? Did I hell, I'm so used to them thrashing about constantly I kept checking they were breathing as they were too still, but progress 🥳😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Does anyone have a Tripp trapp high chair? Are they worth the ££? Can only find reviews from influencers which don’t sound genuine (probs because they got theirs for free) 🙄
Everyone I know with one really rates them. We went for the Ikea highchsir, cheap but really good and easy to clean. I'd have gone for a tripp trapp if I could have justified it while on mat leave!

Yeah we used it ages for my daughter then just got the baby adapter thing this time round. He’ll sit in the newborn insert a while if he’s in the right mood, usually enough time for me to cram my dinner down 😂 so we’ve had it in use 6 years which softens the blow of the price 😆

Being pregnant and not drinking for 10 months has absolutely ruined any tolerance to alcohol I had before. I went to my work Christmas drinks last night, deliberately stayed well clear of Prosecco, shots, mixing my drinks - I was drunk when I got home but not hammered and my god, the hangover today! I’ve been being sick all morning 🤢 I used to say it all the time but I genuinely think this might be the end of my drinking days, hangovers are horrible anyway but 10x worse with a baby to look after 😵💫

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Being pregnant and not drinking for 10 months has absolutely ruined any tolerance to alcohol I had before. I went to my work Christmas drinks last night, deliberately stayed well clear of Prosecco, shots, mixing my drinks - I was drunk when I got home but not hammered and my god, the hangover today! I’ve been being sick all morning 🤢 I used to say it all the time but I genuinely think this might be the end of my drinking days, hangovers are horrible anyway but 10x worse with a baby to look after 😵💫
It’s not worth it is it! Everyone is like ‘just one🥺’ when I talk about Xmas or out with friends… erm no co sleeping is my trump card for difficult nights why would I bin that opportunity!?

It's easier to deal with once they hit around 5-6 and aren't as dependent 😂😂

• Haha
Guys, hold me.
I showed baby the Christmas tree (which the big kids have been decorating) and he did his first ever giggle. I'm a mess 😭😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Guys, hold me.
I showed baby the Christmas tree (which the big kids have been decorating) and he did his first ever giggle. I'm a mess 😭😭😭
🥰🥰🥰🥰 well that’s all the Christmas present anyone could need!!

Thank you for asking, She settled eventually but not til about 3am so I’m pretty pooped 😴 Definitely not engorged, she’s been feeding so much my boobs are like empty socks. I’m thinking she was just overtired and like you say getting herself in a frenzy trying to calm herself. No idea though really 🤷🏻‍♀️ Sometimes you feed them so much you wonder how you could possibly have any milk left! I think most of the feeds last night were just her wanting a boob in her mouth to try and fall asleep as she was falling asleep pretty quick but every time I put her down she was instantly awake again and furious!
My 3yo was sent home from nursery yesterday with a vomiting bug, OH slept in with her last night as we thought she would require care through the night- nope she didn’t throw up and they both had a great sleep 🙄 while I slowly died in our room with the non sleeping baby
Ugh my husband always gets a great night of sleep in with our toddler as he sleeps like the dead, she could bounce on his head and he wouldn’t know! I hope you’re having a quiet day, and you’re eyes aren’t stinging too much from the exhaustion.

enough time for me to cram my dinner down 😂
This sentence sums up the baby days perfectly 👌🏻 I eat like an animal at the minute to try and get it in before the baby kicks off. I’m finished and the kids are on their first pea 🤣

• Haha
This sentence sums up the baby days perfectly 👌🏻 I eat like an animal at the minute to try and get it in before the baby kicks off. I’m finished and the kids are on their first pea 🤣
seriously, or the baby will always wake up and need the boob right before dinner 😂

my cousin has one and absolutely loves it. My MIL has bought our baby one but it’s still living in her house boxed up.

3F0FE2B9-7612-477E-B2E0-DFE42776BB82.jpeg

Can confirm the (grinch 😉) pyjamas are very cute on and the Christmas tree is more fascinating than me..

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.