New baby and post birth advice #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Definitelyme just replying to you from the last thread. Yep, a completely new job! I’m working for the nhs, couldn’t hack being self employed anymore!

Reactions: 4
@Definitelyme just replying to you from the last thread. Yep, a completely new job! I’m working for the nhs, couldn’t hack being self employed anymore!
You may have already answered @Hbirdette but how was the first day?
We are celebrating 10 months old today and 4 weeks seizure free! The drs at the hopsital were quite positive that we might have babies drugs right now and we will get all the genetic bloods back in January to finally find out if her epilepsy is caused by a gene or syndrome. Can’t believe the tests take 5 months!
Baby seems to be developing so quickly all of a sudden- standing, clapping, waving and dancing all in the last week!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
We are celebrating 10 months old today and 4 weeks seizure free! The drs at the hopsital were quite positive that we might have babies drugs right now and we will get all the genetic bloods back in January to finally find out if her epilepsy is caused by a gene or syndrome. Can’t believe the tests take 5 months!
Baby seems to be developing so quickly all of a sudden- standing, clapping, waving and dancing all in the last week!
It went really well thank you ☺ Wow 4 weeks seizure free, that’s fantastic news. That’s a very long time for results but hopefully it will give you the answers you need!

also, baby B has a cold and is teething and his naps have been shocking the last few days... barely manages 1 sleep cycle each nap, wakes up crying cause he’s still tired and won’t go back down. Pls tell me it’s just cause he’s a bit under the weather. Thankfully overnight sleep hasn’t been affected. He’s still waking up once in the night, he has about 7oz of milk at 3am and goes back down til 7. I don’t mind but I would really like a few solid nights sleep some time soon 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Any ideas what I can do with a fussy baby that doesn’t want to be held, won’t settle in a crib and hates her bouncer chair lol where do I put her?! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It went really well thank you ☺ Wow 4 weeks seizure free, that’s fantastic news. That’s a very long time for results but hopefully it will give you the answers you need!

also, baby B has a cold and is teething and his naps have been shocking the last few days... barely manages 1 sleep cycle each nap, wakes up crying cause he’s still tired and won’t go back down. Pls tell me it’s just cause he’s a bit under the weather. Thankfully overnight sleep hasn’t been affected. He’s still waking up once in the night, he has about 7oz of milk at 3am and goes back down til 7. I don’t mind but I would really like a few solid nights sleep some time soon 😫
Oh we are totally the same here. Still a full. Bottle in the middle of the night. I know she doesn’t ‘need’ it but she wakes and it’s the quickest way to get her back down.

ladies any genius ways to protect the Christmas tree from a wrecking ball baby?!

Reactions: 1
@Hbirdette glad it went well! Did I read on the other thread that you’ll be working from home after your induction? Will you have childcare? (Sorry if that’s intrusive, I go back after Xmas and frankly have no idea wtf I’m going to do 🙃)

This has cracked me up because I was scrolling down and it was so unexpected 🤣 but absolutely the sort of thing I’d say! 🤣

Sling?
When boy thankyou was a toddler it was the only way he'd do anything. I'd threaten him with the bin and all of a sudden he was an angel.

I'd like to add none of my children have ever gone in the bin, but the thought has definitely crossed my mind once or 100 times🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I am sure it is really reassuring to you to see her developing so well after such a long period with her seizures being so frequent. That’s wild that it takes 5 months to get the genetic stuff back, I don’t understand genetics at all and that just makes me more sure that I never will!

Having a bit of a wobble today. I’ve not been feeling well (been sick a few times and have awful trapped wind) and baby is a bit unsettled too, she is cluster feeding although she’s pretty much been doing that since the day we got home so maybe that is just her normal. She is a very windy baby so wondering if it’s my milk not sitting well with her. I am combi feeding and she has a couple of formula feeds a day but takes so little that it doesn’t really give me much of a break. Just feel like today it’s really hit me that I’m in for another 6 months of having a baby stuck to me 24 hours a day! I love her but it’s a stifling suffocating feeling for me 😢 I have only been sleeping a couple of hours a night so that is probably exacerbating the feelings

• Heart
Reactions: 8
When boy thankyou was a toddler it was the only way he'd do anything. I'd threaten him with the bin and all of a sudden he was an angel.

I'd like to add none of my children have ever gone in the bin, but the thought has definitely crossed my mind once or 100 times🤣
I always ask my dogs if they want to go to battersea when they’ve been cheeky and I swear they know and behave so well afterwards 🤣 I ask the baby when she’s being naughty as well, and she looks at me like I’m a moron 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
This has cracked me up because I was scrolling down and it was so unexpected 🤣 but absolutely the sort of thing I’d say! 🤣

Sling?
I do have a sling actually i should dig it out I’m not too sure what size she has to be for it. I think it’s 8lb plus and her last weigh in was 7lb 15 so she might be about there

Reactions: 2

My current 3yo was threatened with the bin once about a year ago and she sobbed saying “but then I not be a Charlotte anymore and I be in da smelly bin. And you not see me anymore” she cried so hard I felt horrendous 🙈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Having a bit of a wobble today. I’ve not been feeling well (been sick a few times and have awful trapped wind) and baby is a bit unsettled too, she is cluster feeding although she’s pretty much been doing that since the day we got home so maybe that is just her normal. She is a very windy baby so wondering if it’s my milk not sitting well with her. I am combi feeding and she has a couple of formula feeds a day but takes so little that it doesn’t really give me much of a break. Just feel like today it’s really hit me that I’m in for another 6 months of having a baby stuck to me 24 hours a day! I love her but it’s a stifling suffocating feeling for me 😢 I have only been sleeping a couple of hours a night so that is probably exacerbating the feelings
I get that. Last night was my first night alone in her 5 weeks with her while my husband worked. By the time he got home I was so tired and done with her I just wanted a shower and 5 minutes to myself. I think that’s totally normal. The combination of not feeling well and a demanding feeding baby is tough.
My baby has been on formula since 4 days and she only had 20-30ml at the start x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.