New baby and post birth advice #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
May I have some advice? Have a v fussy 2 week old tonight. She’s been feeding a lot since about 3pm. The last few hours she has been really fussy on the boob, opening wide etc and looking for the nipple but then just bobbing about furiously and not latching on them she gets frustrated and cries. Or she does latch but then just chomps about not actually feeding. When she comes off and I cuddle her she starts furiously looking for the boob again and trying to latch onto my face or hand and crying unless I put her on the boob again but then it’s just a repeat of before. Not sure what she is wanting here?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
May I have some advice? Have a v fussy 2 week old tonight. She’s been feeding a lot since about 3pm. The last few hours she has been really fussy on the boob, opening wide etc and looking for the nipple but then just bobbing about furiously and not latching on them she gets frustrated and cries. Or she does latch but then just chomps about not actually feeding. When she comes off and I cuddle her she starts furiously looking for the boob again and trying to latch onto my face or hand and crying unless I put her on the boob again but then it’s just a repeat of before. Not sure what she is wanting here?
hmmm 🧐 have you tried a dummy? May be she just wants some comfort.
Sometimes My baby does this when she’s getting tired so I give her a little pat and rock and she’ll eventually fall off to sleep? I wish sometimes they could just tell you.

Reactions: 5
hmmm 🧐 have you tried a dummy? May be she just wants some comfort.
Sometimes My baby does this when she’s getting tired so I give her a little pat and rock and she’ll eventually fall off to sleep? I wish sometimes they could just tell you.
Yes she hates the dummy! Just tried it again and no luck. Tried rocking and patting also 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Could be her stimulating your milk supply for a growth spurt? I'm sure they go through one about 2-3 weeks and their feeding behaviour can present as cluster feeding or fussing to get your milk flowing. Hope it passes soon for you!

Reactions: 8
Yes she hates the dummy! Just tried it again and no luck. Tried rocking and patting also 😭
Oh no. It’s exhausting when they’re like this on the boob. Mines finally off my boob and asleep…for now 👀. Hope she settles soon

Reactions: 2
Thanks girl, he definitely hasn't been the easiest of babies but we are getting there, slowly! I just don't find the time to scroll, he takes up a lot of it and then as soon as he's asleep on an evening I normally follow suit. Tonight though I'd accidentally taken paracetamol with caffeine in it, and seeing as I don't normally have any caffeine intake I am buzzing 🤦🏼‍♀️ what a mistake.

Thank you for thinking of me and I hope you and your baby boy are doing well xxx 💖

The first time we took our baby boy I had never seen him so relaxed. I cried. He was always so tense, rigid and upset and after 10 minutes he looked like a completely different child. We go every other week now. But he also has a milk intolerance so I've had to cut dairy out, apparently the two go hand in hand.

I don't know everything but I definitely feel quite clued up after the last 10 weeks so if you have any questions feel free to ask, I can't promise to answer them but I will try. I've found it a very lonely and exhausting experience as unless you've been through it you really have no idea how god damn awful it is.

I hope the Omeprazole works for you. Just a side note, we did 5mg for a week and it did nothing so upped it to 10 and that's when I started to notice a difference, although it was also around the time we started seeing the cranial Osteopath and I cut out dairy so I can't be sure what works but something did! Xx
Thank you for taking the time to reply. Her omeprezol isn’t available til Tuesday so I will wait until then and start her on that. She just did another 2.5oz so at least she’s starting to take more. She’s done 10 feeds today now so at lest I know she has got enough in her finally. Hopefully this new reflux medication will help and if it doesn’t the osteopath is my next step. The GP said it really helped her. My baby definitely has a side preference x

I definitely second (or third?) an osteopath. I’ve used one with both my boys for a variety of reasons. I would class it as kind of alternative therapy which usually is not my thing at all, but I really rate it. I dunno what voodoo they do (do), but yeah, it works! I’ve a second appointment in a few weeks for baby, but see such a difference in this last week since I had him seen for the first time. He had been whining constantly for two months, and this week he’s been a joy. Could be coincidence of course! Either way, I’ll take it!
Well that’s good to hear, I have read good things about them. Glad it worked for you x

10 days later and My stitches are irritating the absolute duck out of me! Not sore or anything, just annoying and the maternity pads are irritating them 😭 I still have to wear them as I’m still bleeding 🙄 any relief from this? I’m using the spritz for bits spray but I want a bit more relief 😭

• Heart
Perhaps cluster feeding and a growth spurt. I think mine was around 3 weeks when she had a phase of relentless feeding!! 😬

10 days later and My stitches are irritating the absolute duck out of me! Not sore or anything, just annoying and the maternity pads are irritating them 😭 I still have to wear them as I’m still bleeding 🙄 any relief from this? I’m using the spritz for bits spray but I want a bit more relief 😭
Have you tried letting the air get to them. It isn’t glamorous but the midwife told me to sit and air it out. I sat on the sofa with a towel under me and we played the switch and I told my husband not to look lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Perhaps cluster feeding and a growth spurt. I think mine was around 3 weeks when she had a phase of relentless feeding!! 😬

Have you tried letting the air get to them. It isn’t glamorous but the midwife told me to sit and air it out. I sat on the sofa with a towel under me and we played the switch and I told my husband not to look lol
I actually haven’t! I will try it tomorrow to see Will it help🤣 it’s kind of like a throbbing feeling! How long does this last? 😭 also is it normal to have no appetite after the whole giving birth thing?!

I actually haven’t! I will try it tomorrow to see Will it help🤣 it’s kind of like a throbbing feeling! How long does this last? 😭 also is it normal to have no appetite after the whole giving birth thing?!
Oh god my diet was and still is terrible post birth. Id say I was uncomfortable for a good 2weeks, once the stitches dissolved it started to feel a lot better. Sounds a bit grim but have you had a look at them? I used a compact mirror to check nothing was looking red etc. but try to remember you’ve just taken a bartering so you will be sore for a while. I’m almost 6 weeks pp and I still get a bit of pain but weirdly not where my stitches were 😬😬

• Wow
Oh god my diet was and still is terrible post birth. Id say I was uncomfortable for a good 2weeks, once the stitches dissolved it started to feel a lot better. Sounds a bit grim but have you had a look at them? I used a compact mirror to check nothing was looking red etc. but try to remember you’ve just taken a bartering so you will be sore for a while. I’m almost 6 weeks pp and I still get a bit of pain but weirdly not where my stitches were 😬😬
I can’t bring myself to look. The consultant told me it was a tough episiotomy so that was enough for me 😭 I have diclac suppositories but I genuinely don’t know what to do with them. The thoughts of shoving them up my hole is making me feel sick 😭 honest to Christ, I admire women that go on to have more than one child 🙏🏾🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I can’t bring myself to look. The consultant told me it was a tough episiotomy so that was enough for me 😭 I have diclac suppositories but I genuinely don’t know what to do with them. The thoughts of shoving them up my hole is making me feel sick 😭 honest to Christ, I admire women that go on to have more than one child 🙏🏾🤣
I’m never giving birth again 😂

• Haha
I’m never giving birth again 😂
Me neither. It was absolutely horrific. I feel like I gave birth through my hole and I am still traumatised 😑 also decided to get the vaccine the day after the birth 😭 wouldn’t recommend 😵💫

• Haha
Me neither. It was absolutely horrific. I feel like I gave birth through my hole and I am still traumatised 😑 also decided to get the vaccine the day after the birth 😭 wouldn’t recommend 😵💫
I made the mistake of using a mirror after my 1st. I had an episiotomy.
Whales blow hole is the only way I can describe it. I was horrified, which is why I waited 8 years for #2(and3) 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I made the mistake of using a mirror after my 1st. I had an episiotomy.
Whales blow hole is the only way I can describe it. I was horrified, which is why I waited 8 years for #2(and3) 😂
Don’t do what I did and keep using the magnified side of the mirror with out realising! I thought I was looking really gapey until I used the other side 🙈🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The doctor didn’t check her throat but I’m still convinced it’s something else going on too as she’s just taken another 1oz feed in 4 hours. She’s just lost all interest in eating. She doesn’t even try or let us know at the minute. I’m so stressed out and my husband and mum think I’m worrying too much but I can’t help it
Added to ask - what kind of symptoms did your little one have?
Mainly refusal to drink from a bottle. She’d take maybe an oz and then pull away and scream and when you tried to put it back she went mental and wouldn’t even contemplate more. Eventually her nappies got drier which is when they took me a bit more seriously.

• Heart
@Jellybb apparently stitches start to heal around the 10 day mark and that’s when you get that itching and discomfort. I remember it well, felt like I just wanted to remove my vagina and throw it in the bin it was so irritating. Luckily it only lasted like 2-3 days for me maximum so there’s light at the end of the tunnel. Hope you’re doing ok with your boobs as well?

I feel you! My stitches are so bleeping annoying! I think I might have pulled one of mine on my maternity pad, there’s a v small area which is a lot more painful than the rest and was bleeding a fair bit when I tried to cool it down with a wet cotton pad tonight. I’m sick of wearing maternity pads now so currently wearing a pair of v soft knickers underneath some disposable pants which is actually a bit more comfortable. I’ve also cancelled visitors for tomorrow and plan on sitting with no pants on all day. I’ve also been sitting in a shallow bath with tea tree oil every day which helps a bit - midwife said to mix the oil with a bit of milk before adding to bath and then it doesn’t just sit on the top of the water.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
We see an osteopath this week! I am quite excited. T2 only holds her head to one side and its becoming flat very quickly. I know flat heads are common but she won't lie on any other part of her head and you can feel how tense she is in her neck. Hoping it helps her. She's quickly becoming the problem twin😂
My boy was exactly like this and a couple trips to the osteopath sorted him right out 😊

I know I like to moan about my husband but yesterday he was amazing. I’d been at work all day and 30 mins before I was due to leave I got really nauseous, which is a red flag for a migraine. By the time I got back to my car an hour later it was out in full force. I had to pick baby B up so drove there whilst trying not to vomit.
when I drove home from nursery I was crying the pain was that bad and as soon as I got in, he took him from me and sent me straight to bed. I then was crying cause I felt so guilty I had barely spent 5 mins with my baby 🥺 I slept solid from 6pm til now so I clearly needed it! Migraines are the devil 😩

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.