New baby and post birth advice #58 Where have all the dummies gone?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I should have replied something like yeah we share a can of red bull or something mad like that šŸ˜†
You have to do that with the next one šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
---
Such a good idea re the t-shirts!

Yeah weā€™ve got some yellowish side marks where sheā€™s rubbed her hands on the side of her tshirt after putting sun cream on šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

good to know about the bleach but wtf is that about šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ wonder what the chemical reaction is there
I got one of the Dr Beckmann Stain Devils, think it's the cosmetics and nature one. Worked a treat on sunscreen stains.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
You have to do that with the next one šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
---

I got one of the Dr Beckmann Stain Devils, think it's the cosmetics and nature one. Worked a treat on sunscreen stains.
Thank you! I have the stain devil set and I always forget about them!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Has anyoneā€™s one year old gone through a phase of when they meet new people/people they donā€™t see oftenā€¦. Kinda staring at them then blinking slowly and frowning.

My friend came round yesterday who baby wotsit has only met a few times and he did it in front of her and sheā€™s banged on all evening about seizures and autism.

He does it every now and again at the mo, not sure if itā€™s when heā€™s tiredā€¦. Or a kinda nervous shy thing when people come up to him all enthusiasticā€¦.Hes in a clingy, shy kinda place atm.

All I can find online is that peopleā€™s toddlers went though a phase of it and they never knew whyā€¦.. or that it can be a nervous/anxious thing.

Just be nice to hear if sometimes little one did it and itā€™s just a normal little phase

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Has anyoneā€™s one year old gone through a phase of when they meet new people/people they donā€™t see oftenā€¦. Kinda staring at them then blinking slowly and frowning.

My friend came round yesterday who baby wotsit has only met a few times and he did it in front of her and sheā€™s banged on all evening about seizures and autism.

He does it every now and again at the mo, not sure if itā€™s when heā€™s tiredā€¦. Or a kinda nervous shy thing when people come up to him all enthusiasticā€¦.Hes in a clingy, shy kinda place atm.

All I can find online is that peopleā€™s toddlers went though a phase of it and they never knew whyā€¦.. or that it can be a nervous/anxious thing.

Just be nice to hear if sometimes little one did it and itā€™s just a normal little phase
My now 4 year old did it, sometimes he still does it and heā€™s 4. He used to always blink and frown and turn his head from people he didnā€™t know - now heā€™s a bit better at meeting new people depending on his mood, if heā€™s a bit grumpy he frowns and turns his head away. If you think about it, their meeting people they donā€™t know and arenā€™t used to or recognise so it must be a bit daunting! Some babies are just shy babies it doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a sign of autism

My 1 year old does that too and I thought to myself numerous times ā€œis that a seizure?ā€ Because heā€™s very blank when he does it then shuts his eyes and suddenly is ā€˜back in thenroomā€™ kind of thing but itā€™s definitely a choice heā€™s making to do it. especially when meeting new people or unfamiliar people.
I sometimes wave my hand in front of his face or get silly and say his name and he usually smirks whilst still staring.
My son is also in a major shy separation anxiety stage atm.

What knickers are c section mums wearing please? All my pre section knickers sit on my scar line and irritate it. Iā€™ve been fine with the big granny pants whilst Iā€™m wearing a pad but Iā€™m over that now and the VPL they give me is not pretty. Any ideas?

Anyone done TumbleTots? I've been umming and ahhing about signing up for them since LO was about 7 months old but now he's confidently walking I'm thinking about it again. There's one that fits nicely around nursery and my work as it's on my day off just after nap time but it's like... Ā£67 for 7 classes plus Ā£27 joining fee :eek: so Ā£94 for 7 weeks of a 45 minute class which I can't guarantee he'll enjoy!

• Wow
What knickers are c section mums wearing please? All my pre section knickers sit on my scar line and irritate it. Iā€™ve been fine with the big granny pants whilst Iā€™m wearing a pad but Iā€™m over that now and the VPL they give me is not pretty. Any ideas?
I've pretty much exclusively worn granny pants for almost 5 years šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
You can get seam free ones that's help with the vpl though

Reactions: 3
finally organised to meet up with a babysitter this week so i can potentially get a few baby free evenings this summer and see some friends.

i feel so guilty already. itā€™s just me and my son so i have no idea what itā€™s like to even have an hour on my own anymore without staring at the baby monitorā€¦ any advice for leaving them / questions i should ask her? sheā€™s fully DBS checked and a grandmother with lots of childcare experience i just feel šŸ¤ÆšŸ¤Æ

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My now 4 year old did it, sometimes he still does it and heā€™s 4. He used to always blink and frown and turn his head from people he didnā€™t know - now heā€™s a bit better at meeting new people depending on his mood, if heā€™s a bit grumpy he frowns and turns his head away. If you think about it, their meeting people they donā€™t know and arenā€™t used to or recognise so it must be a bit daunting! Some babies are just shy babies it doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a sign of autism
This sounds like exactly what heā€™s doingā€¦.does it somedays/times not the otherā€¦. Itā€™s defo when heā€™s meeting unfimilar peopleā€¦. It started when this shy kinda phase startedā€¦ he now does it and bursts into tearsā€¦ he wasnā€™t doing that a month a go!
Honestly this friend came round and I feel like she was testing to see what baby wotsit could or couldnā€™t do and Judging. She knows how anxious I amā€¦. So to throw out comments or seizures and autism.

@Ro98 Yea Iv wondered what is going on, and too have tried to get his attention and Iā€™m able to get itā€¦. So it sounds like abit of a phase they are going through! I did google and it says can be a nervous/anxious thing.

@WeepingCassandra Not done Tumble tots but our local leisure centre does one similar. Baby wotsit enjoys. Heā€™s not walking yet but kinda crawls and climbs up the equipment.

@Greenfly125 I like the M&S Full brief no VPL microfibre pants. Come in a 5 pack. Really comfy, lovely soft material. Come up nice and high.

Last edited:
  • Heart
What age did you stop taking your big changing bag everywhere? We got a little bag pack for baby geegees 1st birthday but not sure if we still need a massive bag

What age did you stop taking your big changing bag everywhere? We got a little bag pack for baby geegees 1st birthday but not sure if we still need a massive bag
I found last time that just as we started to think we didn't need it, we started potty training and needed it even more for all changes of clothes and stuff.

When my first started properly walking and toddling about, weā€™d leave the pram at home and heā€™d have his own backpack full of his stuff and Iā€™d bring my own handbag full of stuff so I just swerved the big changing bag

Yeah about 1 - you donā€™t need milk etc and so change of clothes, nappies, wipes and a couple of snacks. Xx

When did you all start giving breakfast first in the morning? We still give milk first but just wondering if/when this should change?!

When did you all start giving breakfast first in the morning? We still give milk first but just wondering if/when this should change?!
About 10 months! But basically because he doesnā€™t sleep through and so had milk in the night anyway x

• Heart
My eldest is 3 and even before the wee one came along we'd still take the big bag out. Instead of being full of nappies and milk, it was full of his snacks, lots and lots and lots of snacks, and things like crayons and paper to keep him entertained if we stopped anywhere.

Hi ladies.
Looking for some advice post c section. I have had one previously but donā€™t remember this being a specific issue. I removed my large wound covering yesterday but where the sticky plaster has attached to my hip area it has left a friction type burn. Itā€™s so painful I canā€™t even touch it. The other side isnā€™t so bad. Looking for a cream or something to apply to get some relief.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.