New baby and post birth advice #58 Where have all the dummies gone?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
my only advice is to wear a vest underneath everything so you can lift your jumper/tshirt up and pull the vest down (then you don’t have your entire stomach exposed 😂)

I found most “nursing friendly” clothes ugly/tit so you have to get creative unfortunately 😭
I'm a dress girlie, I loved wearing dresses so I feel that the majority of my wardrobe is redundant 🤣🤣 I'm heading out in two weeks time for a few hours for my first time and buzzing that I will be able to wear a dress. How pathetic.
Nursing clothes are grim

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It's so true that people stop checking in with you once baby hits 6 months. It's like the novelty wears off. I haven't heard from some people in 3 months in fact and when I do it's all about them. My best friend has met baby once and every message she sends me is all about her. Hasn't mentioned the baby once. I know I shouldn't let it get to me but it does tbh.
Kind of related but my neighbour asked me if TF was crawling or rolling over yet… yeah… at 14 months she’s got those in the bag, think she was a bit gobsmacked at how time had flown… god knows how old she thought the baby is… we talk regularly…

Reactions: 4
It's so true that people stop checking in with you once baby hits 6 months. It's like the novelty wears off. I haven't heard from some people in 3 months in fact and when I do it's all about them. My best friend has met baby once and every message she sends me is all about her. Hasn't mentioned the baby once. I know I shouldn't let it get to me but it does tbh.
I feel this at 3 months 🤣 my friends didn't even bother calling yet.. I'm like sound girls. Family members have stopped asking about him really so I've just pushed back. I hate oh we have to call now soon.... Ya make the plan ye wankers

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
omg we’ve been stopped by so many people!!! I must have had the same convo with about 30 old women who stuck their head in the pram yesterday! And I’ve never heard the expression ‘she’s a little dot’ before but apparently it’s popular among the oldies. Also some people ask some personal questions!! I picked my four year old up yesterday and his stand in teacher was quizzing me all ‘how much did she weigh?’ ‘was she prem?’ ‘are you feeding herself yourself?’ ‘why did you give birth so early?’ Mind your own business luv and just tell me my babies cute!! 😅
My son's teacher was full of questions like this, and I think if I'd hung on an extra couple of minutes that first day she would have asked for a cuddle. We found out a couple of weeks later she was pregnant herself lol
---
I've got several family members who have never met Baby Biscuit and she's 18 months old. Bollocks to them, they're the ones missing out.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Any csection mums not complete their blood thinner injections? I wasted one by accidentally shooting it over the floor but when I saw a MW on day 5 and asked she said “I’m not medically trained so I’m not sure whether it’s ok to miss it or not” 🤷🏻‍♀️ then I forgot about it until today when I’m supposed to take the last one and the box is empty. I’m not sure whether I’ll be ok to go without or whether I should try and get hold of someone to try and get another.
I messed one up (dropped it and bent the needle lol) and it was ok

• Heart
Reactions: 1
It's been 15 weeks of trying to wear clothes suitable for breastfeeding. It's becoming a chore at this stage. I really miss wearig what I want 🙃 how do people do this for over a year
Vest top under everything for one up one down, shirt dresses (then can still wear a dress!) or shirred tops/dresses. I think once you get the hang of it, it’s second nature but wearing someone you don’t necessarily want to is hard!
I did 11 months and now I refuse to buy things because they’re breast feeding friendly 🙈🙈

There’s a special place in hell for other halves who happily snore away whilst you’re sleep deprived doing the night feed 😴

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Little one has pooed for 10 days 😭😭 we’ve had to reintroduce movicol which he’s not needed in ages which is frustrating. He’s had that now the last 5 days and still nothing. Been giving prune pouches over the last couple of days and tried him with apple juice last night but he didn’t really want it. Couldn’t find prune juice in the smaller shop but will try and get to a big store today. Does anyone else have any tips please? I also did a tummy massage on him yesterday, which I’ll try again this morning. His tummy doesn’t feel hard though which is good but unexpected I suppose? 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Little one has pooed for 10 days 😭😭 we’ve had to reintroduce movicol which he’s not needed in ages which is frustrating. He’s had that now the last 5 days and still nothing. Been giving prune pouches over the last couple of days and tried him with apple juice last night but he didn’t really want it. Couldn’t find prune juice in the smaller shop but will try and get to a big store today. Does anyone else have any tips please? I also did a tummy massage on him yesterday, which I’ll try again this morning. His tummy doesn’t feel hard though which is good but unexpected I suppose? 🤔
Poor thing! I was always told to avoid Apple and banana when they’re not pooping. Prune juice and kiwi fruit helped to get things moving for us when my boy went 5 days of no poops. Fingers crossed it things happen soon for you. How’s his mood doing?

• Heart
A nice warm bath, prunes/pears, and put him in his best white outfit. Fingers crossed for you!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Poor thing! I was always told to avoid Apple and banana when they’re not pooping. Prune juice and kiwi fruit helped to get things moving for us when my boy went 5 days of no poops. Fingers crossed it things happen soon for you. How’s his mood doing?
Oooh interesting! I thought Apple was meant to help 🫣 prune juice and kiwis are on my list to get today then thank you! He’s not eating much at all and hasn’t had an appetite all week, he seems fine in himself he’s just a bit moody 🥲
---
A nice warm bath, prunes/pears, and put him in his best white outfit. Fingers crossed for you!
Thank you! I usually get the just pear pouches from Aldi but they seem to have stopped doing them 😭😭 will see what I can find in tesco today! Tried giving him pears the other day but he wouldn’t eat it but he usually loves pear pouches 😅 of course!

What are you putting the movicol in? Only asking because sometimes GPs don’t tell you it has to be mixed with water initially for the particles to bind correctly then can be added to juice, milk etc if that’s how you want to give it xx

• Heart
What are you putting the movicol in? Only asking because sometimes GPs don’t tell you it has to be mixed with water initially for the particles to bind correctly then can be added to juice, milk etc if that’s how you want to give it xx
Thankyou we’re putting it in water anyway 🥰 xx

• Heart
Thank you so much for this - baby bandit's been on movicol/cosmocol for months and the GP that originally prescribed it told me to add half a sachet directly to his bottle so that's what I've been doing. Now reading up about it and realising the movicol hasn't been effective because we're not mixing it with water first, because of how the GP told us to use it 😢 will experiment with mixing it with water first and adding it to his formula!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
He’s finally been, poor thing I had to lift his legs up and there was a bit of blood at the last bit 😢 had to basically pull some out too. It was big enough but I don’t think that’s him done, he’s down for a nap now but going to bath him after and see if that helps a little more 💕

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Love the white outfit advice, it's sooo true
And it never really stops, I’ve made a decision now not to buy 5 any more white tops unless unavoidable due to school uniform. I bought a school logo PE tshirt for her last weekend and her first wear of it she’s got mud and dust all over it, it will be the only stain the TShirt gets in it for the life of the tshirt because for some reason that’s how life works?

He’s finally been, poor thing I had to lift his legs up and there was a bit of blood at the last bit 😢 had to basically pull some out too. It was big enough but I don’t think that’s him done, he’s down for a nap now but going to bath him after and see if that helps a little more 💕
Poor little bean, hopefully the warm bath moves the rest along.

• Heart
And it never really stops, I’ve made a decision now not to buy 5 any more white tops unless unavoidable due to school uniform. I bought a school logo PE tshirt for her last weekend and her first wear of it she’s got mud and dust all over it, it will be the only stain the TShirt gets in it for the life of the tshirt because for some reason that’s how life works?
Whyyyyyy do schools insist on white shirts in Summer when they're not wearing jumpers to protect the shirt?? Why not shirts in the colour of the jumpers??
Bloody suncream stains are the bane of my life. Discovered a couple of years ago, if you try to bleach suncream stains they turn bright Barbie pink 😫

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Whyyyyyy do schools insist on white shirts in Summer when they're not wearing jumpers to protect the shirt?? Why not shirts in the colour of the jumpers??
Bloody suncream stains are the bane of my life. Discovered a couple of years ago, if you try to bleach suncream stains they turn bright Barbie pink 😫
Such a good idea re the t-shirts!

Yeah we’ve got some yellowish side marks where she’s rubbed her hands on the side of her tshirt after putting sun cream on 🤦🏻‍♀️

good to know about the bleach but wtf is that about 🤣🤣🤣 wonder what the chemical reaction is there

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.