New baby and post birth advice #58 Where have all the dummies gone?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's been 15 weeks of trying to wear clothes suitable for breastfeeding. It's becoming a chore at this stage. I really miss wearig what I want 🙃 how do people do this for over a year

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It's been 15 weeks of trying to wear clothes suitable for breastfeeding. It's becoming a chore at this stage. I really miss wearig what I want 🙃 how do people do this for over a year
Yes it’s a ballache, sorry. the good thing is that summer is coming and shirred dresses are still in the shops, they work really well.

Any csection mums not complete their blood thinner injections? I wasted one by accidentally shooting it over the floor but when I saw a MW on day 5 and asked she said “I’m not medically trained so I’m not sure whether it’s ok to miss it or not” 🤷🏻‍♀️ then I forgot about it until today when I’m supposed to take the last one and the box is empty. I’m not sure whether I’ll be ok to go without or whether I should try and get hold of someone to try and get another.

Reactions: 1
Any csection mums not complete their blood thinner injections? I wasted one by accidentally shooting it over the floor but when I saw a MW on day 5 and asked she said “I’m not medically trained so I’m not sure whether it’s ok to miss it or not” 🤷🏻‍♀️ then I forgot about it until today when I’m supposed to take the last one and the box is empty. I’m not sure whether I’ll be ok to go without or whether I should try and get hold of someone to try and get another.
Yes I stopped after a few days tbh as I’m irresponsible and the stabby shits (the injections) were making me feel murderous.

Thanks! I won’t panic and try to get a replacement then 😁 they are really horrible! Probably the worst part of the csection recovery for me

• Heart
Do you feel up to moving around today? The blood thinners are a precaution in case you're immobile for the course of them, to prevent clots forming. If you're moving around then missing the final dose shouldn't be an issue but if you're worried you could call a pharmacy for advice 🙂

Reactions: 5
Oh this is a relief, I only done about 5 injections, forgot most days 😬 I’m a proper fanny and can’t inject myself and made my partner do it and he nearly threw up everytime 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Missing 1 will probably be fine, I was on them from about 28 weeks until 6ish weeks post birth. I think the advice if you missed one was wait until the next one was due but mine were twice a day.

• Heart
Do you feel up to moving around today? The blood thinners are a precaution in case you're immobile for the course of them, to prevent clots forming. If you're moving around then missing the final dose shouldn't be an issue but if you're worried you could call a pharmacy for advice 🙂
I’ve been moving around loads since day 3 at home so hopefully that should be ok then 😁

Another question - how do you remain polite when strangers are fussing over your baby and asking questions? 🤣 I want to be like “duck off Dorothy, I don’t really know you, get your face out of my baby’s face and stop asking questions about him” but realise I probably shouldn’t 🙈

I’ve been moving around loads since day 3 at home so hopefully that should be ok then 😁

Another question - how do you remain polite when strangers are fussing over your baby and asking questions? 🤣 I want to be like “duck off Dorothy, I don’t really know you, get your face out of my baby’s face and stop asking questions about him” but realise I probably shouldn’t 🙈
omg we’ve been stopped by so many people!!! I must have had the same convo with about 30 old women who stuck their head in the pram yesterday! And I’ve never heard the expression ‘she’s a little dot’ before but apparently it’s popular among the oldies. Also some people ask some personal questions!! I picked my four year old up yesterday and his stand in teacher was quizzing me all ‘how much did she weigh?’ ‘was she prem?’ ‘are you feeding herself yourself?’ ‘why did you give birth so early?’ Mind your own business luv and just tell me my babies cute!! 😅

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6

Luckily we didn't have too much of that (questions yes, but not shoving their face in the pram!) but maybe say something like "he sometimes gets upset when strangers say hello, it scares you doesn't it poppet!" and then lean past them to stroke his face so your arm shoves them out the way 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
omg we’ve been stopped by so many people!!! I must have had the same convo with about 30 old women who stuck their head in the pram yesterday! And I’ve never heard the expression ‘she’s a little dot’ before but apparently it’s popular among the oldies. Also some people ask some personal questions!! I picked my four year old up yesterday and his stand in teacher was quizzing me all ‘how much did she weigh?’ ‘was she prem?’ ‘are you feeding herself yourself?’ ‘why did you give birth so early?’ Mind your own business luv and just tell me my babies cute!! 😅
Are you feeding them yourself is the most annoying question!!! Yes I am feeding him myself with a bottle of formula!!! Back off nosey Parkers

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Are you feeding them yourself is the most annoying question!!! Yes I am feeding him myself with a bottle of formula!!! Back off nosey Parkers
I should have replied something like yeah we share a can of red bull or something mad like that 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Errrr… yes, the biggest pisser of my VBAC was I still came home with the bastards. Furious.
Baby L was 3 weeks early so I still had a whole bag of them at home and got sent home with loads as well! They hung around the house for about 6 months while we tried to get someone (pharmacy or council) to take them 😂

• Heart
Oh no 🙈 I call my eldest my diddy dot 🤣 I must be a granny

• Haha
Reactions: 9
my only advice is to wear a vest underneath everything so you can lift your jumper/tshirt up and pull the vest down (then you don’t have your entire stomach exposed 😂)

I found most “nursing friendly” clothes ugly/tit so you have to get creative unfortunately 😭

It's so true that people stop checking in with you once baby hits 6 months. It's like the novelty wears off. I haven't heard from some people in 3 months in fact and when I do it's all about them. My best friend has met baby once and every message she sends me is all about her. Hasn't mentioned the baby once. I know I shouldn't let it get to me but it does tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.