New baby and post birth advice #58 Where have all the dummies gone?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking for reassurance/advice. Overly anxious mum here🙋‍♀️
My son is a few weeks short of 6 months. The past week he has learnt to roll over back to front. He rolled front to back a few weeks ago.
He hasn't done it much but he can do it and he has good head/neck strength.
However with this, he now prefers to sleep on his side, which is giving me such anxiety!!
He's in a crib next to my bed and I just find myself constantly watching him and checking he's breathing.
I've rolled him onto his back and he always wakes and cries and then rolls back onto his side again.
Google is mixed, some say absolutely no no. Some say it's okay after 4-6 months if they can independently roll.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My son is a few weeks short of 6 months. The past week he has learnt to roll over back to front. He rolled front to back a few weeks ago.
However with this, he now prefers to sleep on his side, which is giving me such anxiety!!
He's in a crib next to my bed and I just find myself constantly watching him and checking he's breathing.
I've rolled him onto his back and he always wakes and cries and then rolls back onto his side again.
Google is mixed, some say absolutely no no. Some say it's okay after 4-6 months if they can independently roll.
My 6 month old likes to sleep on his side in an L shape! I think as long as you put them down on their back, it's fine to let them get into whatever position they are comfy in when they are able to roll. My son has woken up crying a few times when he has got stuck on his front so that reassured me a bit that he will let me know if he needs my help moving! It still unnerved me at first though!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My 6 month old likes to sleep on his side in an L shape! I think as long as you put them down on their back, it's fine to let them get into whatever position they are comfy in when they are able to roll. My son has woken up crying a few times when he has got stuck on his front so that reassured me a bit that he will let me know if he needs my help moving! It still unnerved me at first though!
Yes during the day when he becomes frustrated on his front he definitely let's it be known to us! So I hope the same happens in the night if it came to it.
Thankyou very much for your reply. I really appreciate it.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
My son is slightly older and he has also started rolling on to his side at night.
I always put him down to sleep on his back but he will automatically roll to the side now.
He’s obviously learnt a new skill and is using that to make himself more comfortable.
It must be horrible to just lay flat on your back all night! (I know it is safest and totally agree with the reasons for it, just saying it must be nice for them to find their own comfortable position)

• Heart
My baby has just turned 6 months and for the last 2 nights when I've checked on her she's been sleeping on her side (although not all night, I check again and shes on her back again). I think as long as they can roll and you put them down on their back initially then there's nothing to worry about.

My baby can only roll back to front so I do worry about her going onto her front in the night but she usually cries in the day when she gets fed up of being on her front so fingers crossed she would do the same in the night.

• Heart
My boy has slept on his front from 4 months when he started rolling over! If they can roll it's fine. I've just left him to it 🤣 but he's my second. I was so anxious when my daughter started sleeping on her front.
As someone else has said as long as you put them down on their back its fine. They know how to get comfy once they can roll!

• Heart
My boy has slept on his front from 4 months when he started rolling over! If they can roll it's fine. I've just left him to it 🤣 but he's my second. I was so anxious when my daughter started sleeping on her front.
As someone else has said as long as you put them down on their back its fine. They know how to get comfy once they can roll!
my boy is the same! he can’t roll completely over (4m) but now he can get onto his side he won’t sleep any other way.

• Heart
Accidentally poured some of the baby's socks down the toilet, hope your mornings are going better than mine!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I really hope this wouldn't happen, but I'm feeling very down in the last few days. I barely have the energy to get up . I don't want to go for walks and feeling extremely lonely 😭 I've just munched on a half pack of biscuits as well and I just feel like utter shite

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I really hope this wouldn't happen, but I'm feeling very down in the last few days. I barely have the energy to get up . I don't want to go for walks and feeling extremely lonely 😭 I've just munched on a half pack of biscuits as well and I just feel like utter shite
This happened me last week, lack of sleep and absolute feelings of hatred towards everyone. I got my hubby to take bubs for a long walk i had a shower and a nap and it helped massively. If you are able to maybe it might help you too?

• Heart
I was like this for three weeks off the back of being ill. I got stuck in a rut and didn't leave the house for three weeks. In the end I had to push myself to go out with the baby and I'm so glad I did. Even if you just go for a drive to start off with. Are there any baby groups you could go to? They literally saved my sanity and it's good to meet other new mums too just to have a chat to another adult. Hope you feel better soon,it's awful when you're in it ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Anyone's little one suddenly start having a bit of spit up at 1?
Little one used to have what we thought was silent reflux, but because she gained weight it was deemed not concerning and it seemed to stop. She's now back to having a small bit of sick every day, and nursery have mentioned it too.

What did they say? All okay?
they told me to see my midwife today as planned because we had a 14 day review and it didn’t sound like an infection or something that needed seeing urgently, the midwife said definitely no signs of infection but to speak to my GP if I’m still concerned 🙄 so I’m waiting for my GP to call back but im guessing they’ll refer me back to triage as I’m still in the 28 day window where they deal with anything. I never thought it was an infection in my wound because the pain is in a different place to my cut (a few inches above it) and it’s quite severe but comes and goes rather than being constant. The MW also said it’s bruised on the outside where the pain is so it could just be bruising but the bruise is yellow not new, I’ve had it there since the day of my section and it’s never hurt it’s just bruised like the rest of my stomach. Round and round in circles 🙃

• Sad
Reactions: 7
@Crones884 @justonemorepage thanks ladies, I think I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed. Husband can forget in the evenings I want maybe 15 mins alone, I sooner would be upstairs and I've both following me. I'm trying to get to the gym at least once a week but it's hard..
I'm going to go to a baby gym class tomorrow so that will help I think I just feel a bit crappy and hopefully it will pass. Going to leave him do bedtime while I shower and dry my hair . Probably counter productive before the gym but I don't care

• Heart
Reactions: 7
At my wits end with the baby right now. She seems to think every small thing she comes across is an amuse bouche. Clingy AF but as soon as I hold her she wriggles so much she ends up in a rugby ball hold. Shes doing my head in. Agggjhhh.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Honestly…. A friend came over Saturday night…. And since shes suggested baby wotsit has a Tic, is short sighted and has signs of autism because he can’t wave (he can)… I sent her a montage of videos of him waving this evening. Where do people get off saying this stuff!
Honestly, sack that tit right off. Tell her to duck off, come back and duck off a little more again.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
At my wits end with the baby right now. She seems to think every small thing she comes across is an amuse bouche. Clingy AF but as soon as I hold her she wriggles so much she ends up in a rugby ball hold. Shes doing my head in. Agggjhhh.
I’m with you on the constantly shoving any small thing in their mouths. Feels even worse at the moment as our hoover is dead and we’re waiting for the new part to arrive 😭

• Heart
@Crones884 @justonemorepage thanks ladies, I think I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed. Husband can forget in the evenings I want maybe 15 mins alone, I sooner would be upstairs and I've both following me. I'm trying to get to the gym at least once a week but it's hard..
I'm going to go to a baby gym class tomorrow so that will help I think I just feel a bit crappy and hopefully it will pass. Going to leave him do bedtime while I shower and dry my hair . Probably counter productive before the gym but I don't care
That doesnt matter its the time to yourself is what you need. Hopefully the gym class goes well for you, theres a gym by me that does the same i cant wait to head back too! Its so hard when they come home from work you're tired they're tired and they forget its mentally draining for you all day. We had it out here in my house last week cause he was coming in and just throwing himself down and i was like im touched out i need a break too. They dont realise i think sometimes that we are spending the day with very little adult interaction at the moment and its tough especially trying to find a new routine. Mind yourself x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.