New baby and post birth advice #58 Where have all the dummies gone?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have a buggy board for the pram they recommend? My 4 year old is quite a good walker for me but isn’t when his Dad is there (Dads a pushover lol) and considering getting one for family trips out so he’s not always moaning to be carried? Thanks 😊

Does anyone have a buggy board for the pram they recommend? My 4 year old is quite a good walker for me but isn’t when his Dad is there (Dads a pushover lol) and considering getting one for family trips out so he’s not always moaning to be carried? Thanks 😊
Not sure what buggy you have but my daughter stands on the hard plastic ridge of the basket underneath and hitches a ride like that. But I’m too tight to buy a buggy board 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Thanks all. I think the main problem is that he absolutely hates having his nappy changed - always has - and when they're very dirty it's a nightmare. If it was just one or two a day that were more solid he'd be a lot happier I think. He also cycles between having nappy rash and not having it on a daily basis (I put this down to teething). It clears up quickly overnight with liberal applications of sudocreme but seems to come and go way more than the consistency and frequency of the poos does.

I'll try and get an appointment after the weekend, I'm off Monday and Tuesday so we could go then or at least I can get the time off Weds/Thurs/Fri if I can get a later appointment.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Does anyone else have a 1yr old that is SO SENSITIVE to any sleep schedule changes. It is exhausting he’s been like it since birth and I just think when will this end?
If he wakes up too early he’s exhausted and clingy all day, if we get him back off at 5.30/6am and he sleeps until 7 we have 45minute wake ups all the following night.
Just a rant and I’m due on my period, a stressful week ahead and I just want a night that isn’t filled with milk wake ups / a 2-5am awake time or a 5am start.
I see so many mums who have babies that have slept 7-6/7 and even if their naps are crap their nights are fine and I don’t get how 🙃🙃
We struggle here with the slightest change. It's so difficult to juggle. The days she wakes up early now I try for an extra nap or a little longer nap to get in the sleep she needs for the day.
Also my little monster darling has gone from being a 7pm-7am sleeper with no wake up, to waking up through the night, normally just for comfort. I miss my good nights sleep!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Really struggling with nights here again 😭 Bedtime is taking anywhere from 30 mins to over 2 hours because he is falling asleep on the boob then sometimes waking on transfer and refusing to nod off again. He's fine once he's down, and can do decent stretches, but he was wide awake at 5 today. Yet some mornings it's as late as 7:30 🤷🏻‍♀️

The inconsistency is maddening.

• Heart
Feel like I’m losing my mind. Baby flower has been awake from 2:20am and still awake now 🫠 fed her, changed her, sat and soothed her. She cries as soon as we put her in her crib, given her calpol as she’s teething and I just don’t know what to do at this point. It’s relentless at the moment, she’s waking up at 3am almost every night and I can feel myself going insane
Just as a follow on from this, last night was the best night we've had in ages, she went to bed 8pm and woke up at 5am for milk and went back to sleep after. I'm at work but she's with dad and woke up again at 9am. Think it's a growth spurt and we might FINALLY be at the tail end of it.
Sat down with my husband last night and outlined how much I'm struggling with feeling like I do everything for everyone and he's apologised, had no idea I felt that way and said he'll sort his tit out. So happy I may cry 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I just dip in and out of this page as life is hectic but baby geegee turns 1 on Saturday and I'm so sad. I feel like it's been the quickest year ever 😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Really struggling with nights here again 😭 Bedtime is taking anywhere from 30 mins to over 2 hours because he is falling asleep on the boob then sometimes waking on transfer and refusing to nod off again. He's fine once he's down, and can do decent stretches, but he was wide awake at 5 today. Yet some mornings it's as late as 7:30 🤷🏻‍♀️

The inconsistency is maddening.
No solutions but solidarity as this is us too. I’m not sure how to stop him from falling asleep on the boob tbh as right now it’s the only thing that works for us for getting him down at night. It’s personally the hardest part of breastfeeding for me right now as it’s when my supply is lowest and he can be trying to feed for up to two hours.

Mr L is going away for a couple of nights (long planned) fortunately the baby is over his upset tum and back at nursery but this is the longest he will have been away since probably 2022! Daddy is the favourite at the moment and I keep thinking baby L will cry for him and I won't be able to help 😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Mr L is going away for a couple of nights (long planned) fortunately the baby is over his upset tum and back at nursery but this is the longest he will have been away since probably 2022! Daddy is the favourite at the moment and I keep thinking baby L will cry for him and I won't be able to help 😭😭
I find when my husbands not here, it’s very much out of sight, out of mind for the baby!
My husband does bedtime most nights but baby natter doesn’t bat an eyelid that it’s me or anything like that.
Does love a FaceTime though! I always think the thought of it, is worse than the reality xxx

• Heart
Is it possible that my wee man is teething at 8 weeks? He's been chowing down on his fingers and chewing the crap out of his bottles all day and he's a dribbly mess. I don't remember how old my eldest was when he cut his first tooth but he did get all of his teeth ridiculously quickly. 😬

I am driving myself insane my daughter who is 17months I am constantly diagnosing her with stuff fs it’s putting my head away I’m now convinced that she has a genetic disorder as she has big bushy eyebrows. I’m going to book and appointment for the gp to talk about myself I jsut feel like I’m loosing the plot here I feel like there’s something wrong with her all the time

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Is it possible that my wee man is teething at 8 weeks? He's been chowing down on his fingers and chewing the crap out of his bottles all day and he's a dribbly mess. I don't remember how old my eldest was when he cut his first tooth but he did get all of his teeth ridiculously quickly. 😬
It could be but I know around that age they discover their hands and also their saliva glands start working so it could just be that too! Hopefully it’s not teething!

Reactions: 1
I am driving myself insane my daughter who is 17months I am constantly diagnosing her with stuff fs it’s putting my head away I’m now convinced that she has a genetic disorder as she has big bushy eyebrows. I’m going to book and appointment for the gp to talk about myself I jsut feel like I’m loosing the plot here I feel like there’s something wrong with her all the time
Well done for recognising it's something you're struggling with and wanting to access support ❤ do you think it could be anxiety from when your son was diagnosed with autism and now you're hyper-vigilant for something being "wrong" from that experience? I hope you feel much better and less worried once you have some support ❤

• Heart
Well done for recognising it's something you're struggling with and wanting to access support ❤ do you think it could be anxiety from when your son was diagnosed with autism and now you're hyper-vigilant for something being "wrong" from that experience? I hope you feel much better and less worried once you have some support ❤
I do think the autism is a part of it and I do recognise that it’s a me prob I just can’t stop staring at her eyebrows and then other children’s and thinking theres something wrong with her

• Heart
Reactions: 2
We’ve had this since about 9 weeks (chewing hands and dribbling) and no other signs like red cheeks etc so I think he’s just found his hands. Hope it’s the same for you and your spared early teething and pain!

Does anyone else hate it when people ask if the babies good? Janet, he’s 11 weeks old he has no concept of being good or bad!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
We’ve had this since about 9 weeks (chewing hands and dribbling) and no other signs like red cheeks etc so I think he’s just found his hands. Hope it’s the same for you and your spared early teething and pain!

Does anyone else hate it when people ask if the babies good? Janet, he’s 11 weeks old he has no concept of being good or bad!!
Same here LO is 10 weeks old and her hands are her new best friends to chew 😂

On the good/bad yes absolutely agree, she doesnt nap for me as much as I'd have hoped but that doesnt make her a bad child 😂

Reactions: 2

That drives me mad too. I've started responding with "he's perfect, like every baby" 😇

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.