New baby and post birth advice #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone’s nine month old not crawling ? My
Little one can’t yet and I’m getting stressed
My little one is 10.5 months and not crawling or bum shuffling/ army crawling. I’m thinking of booking in for an osteopath apt, probably more for peace of mind tbh but feel quite worried about it all. He can stand when we are holding him for quite a whike but can’t pull himself up either or stand unaided

• Heart
Reactions: 8
We didn’t start till just after our 1st birthday. I think he had weaker arms so wasn’t pulling up/getting into the right position until later on. 2 weeks at nursery and he mastered it and now moves like the speed of light 😂 savour them staying in a similar spot if you take your eyes of them for a second or too.

• Heart
Had my first night alone with baby skinny last night. Dad works shifts and his first shift back was a night. We managed it and it went really well tbh, I think. He’s now off again for 3 days but then back to his regular shift pattern next week. I’m quite looking forward to being able to try and get myself in a routine.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Nursery chat.. how ‘big’ a room would you consider reasonable? I know the numbers are dictated by OFSTED. So each child must have so much space within a room.. but I was shocked when the lady yesterday said the baby room holds 30 babies. Size wise there’s plenty of space, but it just sounds very… overwhelming? I don’t know if I’m putting too much thought into it. I know school class sizes are probably around that size, it just seems a lot to go from at home alone/only child to a room full of 30 other kids😳
I think the staff to child ratio for babies is 3:1 so that must mean ten staff in a full baby room? That does sound like a lot in my opinion
---
Mine is 9.5 months now and literally only figured it out this week. Definitely nothing to be “concerned” about yet!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
My Health Visitor told me that they don't class crawling as an official milestone anymore, because there's such a wide spread of ages for babies to start doing it, they all do it in a different way, and some skip it and go straight to walking.

I wouldn't worry, there's plenty of time yet 🙂

Reactions: 6
Feeling a bit emotional that baby T is ten months old today. I know it’s cliched as hell but where does the time go??

• Heart
Feeling a bit emotional that baby T is ten months old today. I know it’s cliched as hell but where does the time go??
I know, this last year has gone faster than ever. I was just saying to my husband this time last year I’d have been so excited with only a few weeks left at work and now I’ve got one week of maternity left 😭😭😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I had a half an hour before a feed and used that time to give myself a good shower and shave my legs... I feel like a new woman. Didn't wash my hair but look it's the little things 😏

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just wanting to hear others experiences/ do you think this is normal? I’m 8months pp and 6 months post mirena insertion. I’d say every 3 weeks since having it back in, I’ve had spotting but I’m now heading into my 3rd week of bleeding, not full on, but it gets light then heavier again. I’m surprised that I had the spotting so early seeing as we are breastfeeding. Does this seem normal/what are your experiences with having the mirena in after a baby? I’m half tempted to get it removed just to have regular cycles!

Just wanting to hear others experiences/ do you think this is normal? I’m 8months pp and 6 months post mirena insertion. I’d say every 3 weeks since having it back in, I’ve had spotting but I’m now heading into my 3rd week of bleeding, not full on, but it gets light then heavier again. I’m surprised that I had the spotting so early seeing as we are breastfeeding. Does this seem normal/what are your experiences with having the mirena in after a baby? I’m half tempted to get it removed just to have regular cycles!
I think it just depends. I've had it in at delivery twice (I'm almost 7 months pp atm) and I get spotting on the rare occasion and its only really when wiping. I was the same with my last one

Reactions: 1
Just need to vent 😭

Woke up with a sore throat, all achey and sneezy so think I def must be getting what hubby has got 😭 have a banging headache too ! The timing…

Really pissed off though, I felt like absolute shite when baby woke up and I said to hubby we both should get up as I don’t feel very well and now hub has been nothing but horrible to me ever since all because I didn’t let him sleep in while he’s still ill. Then I wish I didn’t bother waking him up either as he wasnt helpful at all and just went and sat on the sofa with coffee.

Like sorry but we’re both ill? It’s not exactly fair for either of us to just lay in bed while the other struggles alone with baby is it? And I let him sleep in the last 2 mornings..
But no he’s been picking small fights about anything he can with me ever since. I hate when they also say things like ‘why did you want to be a mum if you just want to stay in bed’. Really unfair thing to say. I hate it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I put this in the off topic thread. Baby wood is teething. Does anyone have any tricks to helping them be more comfortabl? I’ve bought lolly moulds which are currently freezing formula. I’ve got chew mitts coming tomorrow and I’ve got teething gel, keys and a Sophie. Anymore I can spend my money on? 😆

I put this in the off topic thread. Baby wood is teething. Does anyone have any tricks to helping them be more comfortabl? I’ve bought lolly moulds which are currently freezing formula. I’ve got chew mitts coming tomorrow and I’ve got teething gel, keys and a Sophie. Anymore I can spend my money on? 😆
Matchstick monkey!
They’re light and so easier to hold themselves.
How old is baby wood? Anbesol liquid but you have to be 5 months x

Matchstick monkey (you can even put a blob of teething gel on it if they won’t let your fingers near their mouth!) and Ashton and Parsons teething granules are great!

Reactions: 2
Definitely matchstick monkey. My little boy found the keys and Sophie way too big until about 6-7 months.

Reactions: 1
Ah I am just struggling so much having no family support around. Our families live in NI and we’re in England. We’ve had so many people come visit which has been brilliant but I’d love to just pop round to my mums, go out for coffee with my best friend etc. I like the idea of baby/mum groups but when I go it’s hard to talk about something other than the baby and I’m desperate to have a different conversation!

really hoping to move back home soon but partner needs to get a new job and he hates the whole CV, applying, interviewing stuff so I honestly don’t think he’ll do it unless it’s handed to him. And I’m praying work allow me to wfh 😂 god i always wanted a bunch of kids but I’m struggling so much with 1!

• Heart
Ah I am just struggling so much having no family support around. Our families live in NI and we’re in England. We’ve had so many people come visit which has been brilliant but I’d love to just pop round to my mums, go out for coffee with my best friend etc. I like the idea of baby/mum groups but when I go it’s hard to talk about something other than the baby and I’m desperate to have a different conversation!

really hoping to move back home soon but partner needs to get a new job and he hates the whole CV, applying, interviewing stuff so I honestly don’t think he’ll do it unless it’s handed to him. And I’m praying work allow me to wfh 😂 god i always wanted a bunch of kids but I’m struggling so much with 1!
I’m in a similar position but not as far. Get your partner to register at recruitment agencies. They can do the work for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.