New baby and post birth advice #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The actual scar or the skin around it? My scar is incredibly neat, but the skin above it is lumpy with scar tissue. I had trouble/still have trouble ten months PP so I haven’t done any massage, my friend swears by bio-oil but I still try to keep it dry so I’ve never used it :(
It’s the actual scar. It’s raised on either end but flat in the middle. When I first massaged it I heard and felt popping noises which was either the stitches breaking down or scar tissue breaking up. Either way it knocked me sick 😂
I’ve got some scar massage oil from The Expert Midwife, I just keep forgetting to do it!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It’s the actual scar. It’s raised on either end but flat in the middle. When I first massaged it I heard and felt popping noises which was either the stitches breaking down or scar tissue breaking up. Either way it knocked me sick 😂
I’ve got some scar massage oil from The Expert Midwife, I just keep forgetting to do it!
Tbh I think it was nearing 6 months when my actual scar all flattened out. They sewed me up on the right 🤮 and that was the worst bit for ages and took longer to heal than the rest of it the GP told me it can take up to a year for wounds to actually fully heal as I said mine is still very sensitive despite the scar itself being ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Tbh I think it was nearing 6 months when my actual scar all flattened out. They sewed me up on the right 🤮 and that was the worst bit for ages and took longer to heal than the rest of it the GP told me it can take up to a year for wounds to actually fully heal as I said mine is still very sensitive despite the scar itself being ok.
Ahhh thanks. Mines the left 🙃 I feel better knowing that it can take a while.
i hate how mine is numb around it. I had a scan for an ovarian cyst and I didn’t feel a thing when the sonographer squirted the cold gel on. I actually thought to myself, oh he’s forgotten to squeeze any out 😂 it’s very strange.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
For those of you with LOs at nursery- how did it work with baby/toddler rooms? MM had her first session this week, her nursery has a baby room then a 1-2 year olds room. She’s 11 months on Sunday. I only ask because I don’t want her to start off in the baby room and then get used to it for a month, to then be moved and have to adjust to something all over again. The nursery is new and wasn’t open when I visited, the baby room seemed very much for little ones, e.g mostly Moses baskets and some toys, whereas the 1-2 room has stuff she plays with now. That being said, I don’t want her being overwhelmed and with a load of bigger kids who knock her over etc.
sorry for the ramble I’m just so worried about her starting and I need it to not rub off on her 😭
---
Ahhh thanks. Mines the left 🙃 I feel better knowing that it can take a while.
i hate how mine is numb around it. I had a scan for an ovarian cyst and I didn’t feel a thing when the sonographer squirted the cold gel on. I actually thought to myself, oh he’s forgotten to squeeze any out 😂 it’s very strange.
The numbness does get better! Honestly it’s only the last few months I’ve regained feeling, I still have a numb patch. I met a midwife who said after 13 years she still had a numb part :/ I should probs do it but I was told running a make up brush over the area helps stimulate the nerves so you could try that maybe?

• Heart
For those of you with LOs at nursery- how did it work with baby/toddler rooms? MM had her first session this week, her nursery has a baby room then a 1-2 year olds room. She’s 11 months on Sunday. I only ask because I don’t want her to start off in the baby room and then get used to it for a month, to then be moved and have to adjust to something all over again. The nursery is new and wasn’t open when I visited, the baby room seemed very much for little ones, e.g mostly Moses baskets and some toys, whereas the 1-2 room has stuff she plays with now. That being said, I don’t want her being overwhelmed and with a load of bigger kids who knock her over etc.
sorry for the ramble I’m just so worried about her starting and I need it to not rub off on her 😭
---

The numbness does get better! Honestly it’s only the last few months I’ve regained feeling, I still have a numb patch. I met a midwife who said after 13 years she still had a numb part :/ I should probs do it but I was told running a make up brush over the area helps stimulate the nerves so you could try that maybe?
I think ours has a babies room (up to 2) then over 2s, then preschool. If they move her from the baby room next month they will do it in such a way that won’t unsettle her don’t worry too much. If it’s got stuff she’s already playing I expect she’ll be very excited to go!

when 5 started nursery at 6 months they didn’t have a baby room, she went in with the toddlers, I think we snuck in or something because about a month in I got taken in to the managers office and asked if “as a parent” I would prefer to transfer her to the nursery up the road instead, just in case I was worried she’d get “trampled on” 🫣 I think I said “well no because don’t we pay you to make sure no one is trampling on her?” I think they’d had a change of policy not to take babies under 1 but we had registered before the policy had been developed…. 20% off the fees though 🤦🏻‍♀️ it probably was worth taking it 🤦🏻‍♀️

anyway, she didn’t get trampled on once.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I think ours has a babies room (up to 2) then over 2s, then preschool. If they move her from the baby room next month they will do it in such a way that won’t unsettle her don’t worry too much. If it’s got stuff she’s already playing I expect she’ll be very excited to go!

when 5 started nursery at 6 months they didn’t have a baby room, she went in with the toddlers, I think we snuck in or something because about a month in I got taken in to the managers office and asked if “as a parent” I would prefer to transfer her to the nursery up the road instead, just in case I was worried she’d get “trampled on” 🫣 I think I said “well no because don’t we pay you to make sure no one is trampling on her?” I think they’d had a change of policy not to take babies under 1 but we had registered before the policy had been developed…. 20% off the fees though 🤦🏻‍♀️ it probably was worth taking it 🤦🏻‍♀️

anyway, she didn’t get trampled on once.
Omg, what a perfect response to them 😂 good to hear she wasn’t trampled on, MM is no small baby but it’s all so brand new to me and she’s such a sensitive bean sometimes I worry. You’re right, if they move her then it’ll be done to not disturb her because why would they unsettle her when she’s in a new place. Although I would happily take a discount if they put her in with the 1-2s…

• Heart
I’m thinking of moving to a fixed car seat, now that baby h is a bit bigger and she’s just getting too heavy for me to lift the car seat about…. I’d like to be able to turn the seat to be able to lift her out side on… has anyone got any recs?

I’m thinking of moving to a fixed car seat, now that baby h is a bit bigger and she’s just getting too heavy for me to lift the car seat about…. I’d like to be able to turn the seat to be able to lift her out side on… has anyone got any recs?
I will probably get this one for my husband’s car: https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-swivel-i-size-car-seat-charcoal/p110235473

the one I have in my car is JL branded but made by MyBabiie (something like this https://mybabiie.com/products/isize-quilted-black-spin-car-seat-40-150cm)

you find companies like Mothercare and JL have other brands making their kit - Mothercare car seats were actually made by Cybex and exceptional quality.

Omg, what a perfect response to them 😂 good to hear she wasn’t trampled on, MM is no small baby but it’s all so brand new to me and she’s such a sensitive bean sometimes I worry. You’re right, if they move her then it’ll be done to not disturb her because why would they unsettle her when she’s in a new place. Although I would happily take a discount if they put her in with the 1-2s…
Our nursery has so many rooms! Baby room which is till 18 months/ walking Confidently, tweenies till age 2, toddlers 2-3 years then a 3-4 pre school and 4-5 pre school 😅 not sure if that's a Scottish thing as all my pals kids nurseries are similar! It meant by his first year in nursery he was in his 3rd room🤯 he was 11 months as well when he started and he actually got some good 1-1 time in the baby room as he was one of the most mobile and biggest so think he got a huge shock moving up and being like a wee fish in a big pond! He has always struggled the first few drop offs when he changes room but to be fair I don't blame him it's wild in the toddler room, pure assault on all senses at 8am😈

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Fourth time up with the baby already, she's never had a night like that, this eight month sleep regression is never ending, I think the end is in sight & then we have an awful night. To make matters worse, the toddler was sick in her bed a couple hours ago, so my anxiety is up to the heavens listening out for her, so I'm not holding out much hope for sleep tonight.
Although, I can hear their dad snoring so at least he's getting some rest 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Honestly ladies, how do you cope with teething? I was not ready for this at 12 weeks 😭 I’ve not slept in a day and a half and I’m already dead from it. He just wants to be held and I cannot co sleep with him.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Ours stay in baby rooms til 2. Then move over to the main rooms.
When they move, nursery does it so gradually it’s like they’ve barely even realised! It will be so exciting when she moves if they’ve got things she likes. That said, you could talk to nursery about your concerns, as they might be willing for her to start in the older room to bypass the move x

After a week of decent sleep, only one wake a night, last night was back to every couple hours 🥲. He has woken up with a new tooth cutting through the gum so I’m praaaaying it was just that and tonight will be better, I actually felt like a human being again this last week was nice while it lasted 🙃.

@Burrito88 my scar took months to go completely flat. The middle was flat but either end (especially where my scar had reopened 🥲 took a while). I still struggle to do the massage it makes me feel sick and squeamish when I’m doing it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
i knew the nursery lead time was going to be bad, however i didnt expect april next year :oops:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Honestly ladies, how do you cope with teething? I was not ready for this at 12 weeks 😭 I’ve not slept in a day and a half and I’m already dead from it. He just wants to be held and I cannot co sleep with him.
Have you tried nurofen? Much better for teething than Calpol in my experience

I’m pretty sure we’ve both got covid. Don’t have any tests so we can’t find out but both have nearly all the symptoms and have all the main ones. Thought hubby was getting better but he seems worse again today and has thankfully taken another day off because I have no idea how I would make it through alone !!

We only went for babys 12 months jabs last Friday and pretty sure that’s where we must’ve picked it up as we haven’t been anywhere since 🥲

Baby is now on day 10 past jabs which is when they say any symptoms from the jabs can show up. And then we’re both worried he could catch something from us as well 😭Really hope today goes okay, just counting down the minutes until baby goes for a nap so I can get back in bed myself 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 6
When baby bandit started teething at 3 months he couldn't fit most teethers in his mouth/didn't find them helpful so instead I used to pop a bit of muslin over my finger and massage his gums/let him chew it, and he found that very soothing 🙂

• Heart
Any advice on dealing with reflux?? All I’m seeing is to feed slowly and burp which we’ve always done and to keep baby sitting up for about an hour after, which is near impossible with twins, and they’re both suffering with it 😭 we’ve also been using gripe water, and I was blaming that but after a few days not using it, still the same.. I could change these babies 3-4 times after one feed because they’re spitting up so much..

• Heart
Any advice on dealing with reflux?? All I’m seeing is to feed slowly and burp which we’ve always done and to keep baby sitting up for about an hour after, which is near impossible with twins, and they’re both suffering with it 😭 we’ve also been using gripe water, and I was blaming that but after a few days not using it, still the same.. I could change these babies 3-4 times after one feed because they’re spitting up so much..
Have you got a twin pillow? I used to have to feed my twins 1 at a time & then prop who ever had been fed in the twin pillow with a pillow propping it up more to have them upright whilst I fed their counterpart. So I’d have the twin pillow on top of my pillow to give me extra height so they were almost upright like they would be on me.
id definitely get in touch with your GP too to look at medications.
We used to have carobel and omeprazole, but I know some people do well with baby gaviscon.
probiotics are good for refluxy babies too, as usually reflux is the “symptom” of something so for us it was a symptom of prematurity due to their oesophagus not being fully developed but in a friends her babies reflux was the symptom of a milk allergy and in someone else it was due to a tongue tie and an incorrect latch.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Carobel has changed our life baby fudge is barely ever sick anymore and he isn’t uncomfortable when feeding! I only use a little bit aswell so the milk isn’t mega thick just thick enough for him to keep down! I’ve also been giving him probiotics but not sure if it’s helped or not

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.