New baby and post birth advice #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Trigger warning for anyone who doesn’t like this talk 🩸
10 weeks today and think I have my first period. Hoping this is all it is anyway.. Wednesday night I had a very very light flow, was almost pink in color even. Up until about 3/4 pm yesterday, I now seem to be changing my pad every hour.. I’m a big girl and had an emergency section if that makes a difference..
This was the most surprising thing for me I think.. how bad the periods were! I remember thinking omg am I dying haha. For the first few I was using my leftover maternity pads doubled with a tampon as there was so much! My last period seemed to be a bit better, that’s the 5th I’ve had so praying they get better with each one.

Reactions: 2
10 weeks today and think I have my first period. Hoping this is all it is anyway.. Wednesday night I had a very very light flow, was almost pink in color even. Up until about 3/4 pm yesterday, I now seem to be changing my pad every hour.. I’m a big girl and had an emergency section if that makes a difference..
I was the exact same- I had a random day of light bleeding, then for me think it was 2-3 weeks later and it was awful. The first few were horrendous and I actually had pulling pains internally which can be normal with the scar tissue. However, I will say after those horrible few periods, they’re super normal, in fact, I don’t get any warning, cramps are minimal vs what they were. Not sure if it’s related to having an EMCS or just because periods can change after having a baby, but they may very well change in a few months. Hope it’s not too bad for you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yes my first period was horrendous too! It wasn’t even that it was heavy, but the pain was excrutiating I remember messaging my husband like htf am I going to look after baby as I was folded in half on the sofa 😭 I had codeine left and had to take that to get rid of the pain and it did, they did get better after the first one! They became more regular actually bur are back to being all over the place again. Last cycle was 50 something days 🙄

Reactions: 3
Ffs! I feel like I'm back at the newborn days with anxiety overnight not knowing whether I'm going to be sleeping or how long I'm going to be sleeping for. And therefore I'm not sleeping. Which when I was on maternity leave was fine, but now I'm back at work it's so difficult. I've been awake since 4am and I'm at work tonight. Praying she has a good nap because I need a nap today.

My little girl is my whole world, but I wish she would sleep, as this past week it's been a shite week of sleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thanks so much it’s all so reassuring! @themuffinwoman yes I was also getting excruciating cramps around the scar so that makes me feel better knowing it’s connected.. they really don’t tell us all this do they 😭

• Heart
Mention it to your Dr or HV if you’re worried but periods seem awful after birth.

So yesterday I was in the office on the dreaded second day of my period and thought I’d be okay to get through my external meeting and then a meeting with my boss but he kept talking and I had to sit at an angle in the hope I wouldn’t sit down in such a way I’d cause a major leak 😩 at one point I thought I’m just going to have to excuse myself aren’t I. I got up after the meeting so self consciously. I was wearing a long black and white dress. Thankfully didn’t come through but it was horrific. My periods right now are so heavy I have to wear the heaviest flow tampon and pad and I’m still not guaranteed I’ll make it a couple of hours without going through ☹ it’s grim AF.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Mention it to your Dr or HV if you’re worried but periods seem awful after birth.

So yesterday I was in the office on the dreaded second day of my period and thought I’d be okay to get through my external meeting and then a meeting with my boss but he kept talking and I had to sit at an angle in the hope I wouldn’t sit down in such a way I’d cause a major leak 😩 at one point I thought I’m just going to have to excuse myself aren’t I. I got up after the meeting so self consciously. I was wearing a long black and white dress. Thankfully didn’t come through but it was horrific. My periods right now are so heavy I have to wear the heaviest flow tampon and pad and I’m still not guaranteed I’ll make it a couple of hours without going through ☹ it’s grim AF.
I hate that fear you get when you’re heavy. Makes me so self conscious! Hope it eases for you over the weekend 🤞🏽

I dropped my little boy at nursery for his second settling session, it went much better today and I left with no tears from him (or me) 🤣 hope he gets on well, already can’t wait to see his little face in a couple of hours. Feel lost without him 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I hate that fear you get when you’re heavy. Makes me so self conscious! Hope it eases for you over the weekend 🤞🏽

I dropped my little boy at nursery for his second settling session, it went much better today and I left with no tears from him (or me) 🤣 hope he gets on well, already can’t wait to see his little face in a couple of hours. Feel lost without him 😅
That feeling when you leave your baby with someone else and go somewhere 😂 “I am missing something… keys… phone…purse, baby, definitely the baby!”

hopefully he will have an amazing time today and be back in your arms for a lovely cuddle xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My husband has been genuinely ill for the last week now, and I kept telling him he should call in sick get the extra sleep and just rest, but he doesn’t fully believe that I would let him do that. He thinks he would have to ‘look after baby or do things around the house’ if he took a day off.. his words.

He wfh anyway but I’m sure some actual rest would’ve done him good ! Somehow we’ve made it to Friday and he’s still not well.. if anything he’s maybe worse. He slept through his alarm today so I just left him to sleep 😂 I’m sure he won’t get in trouble for it, his company is quite relaxed about work hours and I’m sure they knew he was sick already!! Just take a day off man. Why are men so bloody stubborn lol.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
My husband has been genuinely ill for the last week now, and I kept telling him he should call in sick get the extra sleep and just rest, but he doesn’t fully believe that I would let him do that. He thinks he would have to ‘look after baby or do things around the house’ if he took a day off.. his words.

He wfh anyway but I’m sure some actual rest would’ve done him good ! Somehow we’ve made it to Friday and he’s still not well.. if anything he’s maybe worse. He slept through his alarm today so I just left him to sleep 😂 I’m sure he won’t get in trouble for it, his company is quite relaxed about work hours and I’m sure they knew he was sick already!! Just take a day off man. Why are men so bloody stubborn lol.
Oh dear. Can you take baby out for a few hours if he takes some time off? Then he might not feel the pressure to do any baby bits if you're not in the house. My OH is the same - I think he's taken about 10 days off (including a week when he had covid in March 2020) since we've been together - 7 years and counting.

Oh dear. Can you take baby out for a few hours if he takes some time off? Then he might not feel the pressure to do any baby bits if you're not in the house. My OH is the same - I think he's taken about 10 days off (including a week when he had covid in March 2020) since we've been together - 7 years and counting.
he’s thankfully let work know he’s taking the day off sick !

Just hope I don’t get whatever it is before he’s back at work Monday 🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Baby bandit's been feeling upset and unwell the past few days with a nasty cold, and I haven't done weaning for a couple of days as he wasn't drinking enough milk so I focused on that. Today he seemed fairly cheerful after a visit from his grandparents so I grabbed a pouch of apple and banana puree from Lidl and he LOVED it, he had over 2/3 of the pouch which is the most he's ever eaten!! So proud of him 🥺❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Baby bandit's been feeling upset and unwell the past few days with a nasty cold, and I haven't done weaning for a couple of days as he wasn't drinking enough milk so I focused on that. Today he seemed fairly cheerful after a visit from his grandparents so I grabbed a pouch of apple and banana puree from Lidl and he LOVED it, he had over 2/3 of the pouch which is the most he's ever eaten!! So proud of him 🥺❤
Go Baby Bandit!!!! Isnt it the best when they do something like that- eat some new food or finish a bottle etc. Hope you’ve had some downtime since the grandparents arrived.

• Heart
when did you all leave your baby for a few hours for the first time? i cannot tell you how much a manicure and a root touch up would mean to me but baby frog is only 6 weeks (i’m also a single parent so dad won’t be helping) and my mum isn’t keen to take him yet as he’s ’too small’ apparently. watching him for an hour while i went to a hospital appointment was her limit it seems!
I left baby Ro with his dad when he was probably 8weeks, for hair & nails like you! I needed to feel like me again and it was only a few hours on different days. I didn’t want baby around the chemicals in salons & at my nail ladies place and I really needed that breathing space. Do you have a friend you trust enough to watch baby?

Reactions: 1
Teething badly here too. His wee cheeks were on fire today and he was so grumpy and tearful all day. So many tantrums 🤯

• Heart
Is anyone’s nine month old not crawling ? My
Little one can’t yet and I’m getting stressed

Is anyone’s nine month old not crawling ? My
Little one can’t yet and I’m getting stressed
mine was almost 10months when he figured out!

are they army crawling or shuffling around?
I wouldn’t worry about it yet !

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.