• 12-18mos

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • My baby isn’t a baby anymore

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • I AM HERE FOR A NOSE AROUND

Votes: 20 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow! What a contrast in days! Woke up at 2am for a cuddle & then she went back to bed and we've had to wake her for nursery 🤣🤦‍♀️
Feel like a new woman today!
And I've got the day to myself since I'm on annual leave, so it's food shop, and blitz the house kinda day. And getting to eat something without the baby wanting it & prep tea without feeling guilty I'm ignoring baby

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ergh I have a vomiting bug and husband is in meetings all day. I’ve no idea what I can do with three month old Wood as I Don’t want to touch him too much. He keeps looking at me from dad’s shoulder like “why aren’t you cuddling me?” 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This child better nap today because yesterdays refusal resulted in him being so overtired he spent the majority of the night stirring and needing me to go give him his dummy. Sooo unsettled. He’s currently charging around with his walker shouting mum! And making what I can only describe as motorbike noises, so hopefully that will tire him out lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Baby fudge went to sleep at 9.30 woke up at 5am so I went to get his milk and he went back to sleep! He woke up then at 5.45 and then I brought him into the bed and we slept until 8am when my alarm went off 😆

• Heart
Thanks for the new thread!

Here's a link to the off-topic new baby thread, for moments when you want to chat without derailing this main thread ☺

• Heart
Baby has had a snuffly nose and a cough since Thursday evening basically. She's not really struggling to breathe and has no temperature, still smiley and laughing. Any idea how long we can expect this to stick around? We're using the snot sucker (soz), and Sterimar spray. She's 12 weeks on Friday so we're not technically supposed to use Snufflebabe but I am anyway, on a muslin tied to her cot. Anything else that might help clear it up?

The snot sounds loose, if that makes sense.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Baby has had a snuffly nose and a cough since Thursday evening basically. She's not really struggling to breathe and has no temperature, still smiley and laughing. Any idea how long we can expect this to stick around? We're using the snot sucker (soz), and Sterimar spray. She's 12 weeks on Friday so we're not technically supposed to use Snufflebabe but I am anyway, on a muslin tied to her cot. Anything else that might help clear it up?

My baby is 6 weeks tomorrow and is always congested in a morning. I use Sterimar but HV also recommended taking her in the bathroom when it’s steamy from a shower to help clear her congestion.

Reactions: 1
It’s their tiny nasal passages. Wood was awful when he was newborn but once he got bigger, the snorting and congestion went away.

Reactions: 2

Asda do a vapour bath that you can use from birth, we find that helpful. There's also child olbas oil but think thats from 3 months - I put it on a muslin cloth under the bed sheet.
I used to put little lady in the bath whilst I showered so she got the steam from the shower, or in the bouncer in the bathroom whilst I showered.
Calpol plug has also been helpful for us, again I think it's from 3 month old.

Asda do a vapour bath that you can use from birth, we find that helpful. There's also child olbas oil but think thats from 3 months - I put it on a muslin cloth under the bed sheet.
I used to put little lady in the bath whilst I showered so she got the steam from the shower, or in the bouncer in the bathroom whilst I showered.
She's 3 months next week so I'm wondering if I can get away with using other treatments made for 3+ months... She sounds alright at the moment and still no temp or even anything beyond a bit of snot. Hoping she's through the worst of it 🤞🏻

We LOVE snufflebabe if its available locally to you. think they do have to be of a certain age for that though!!
---
Sorry @hazmaz - 3am does indeed suck 🙈
i generally wouldnt mind if she woke up nearer to midnight - but 3/4am all i wanna do is go in a deep sleep and i hate it sooo much
---
another vote for the calpol plug in, however i hate how expensive the refills are for only a nights worth of relief.... ive thought about using some snufflebabe oil on the strips and wondered if that might work 🤔

Reactions: 4
Ticking 9-12 months for the first time 🥺 where has the time gone. Less than 4 weeks left of my maternity leave 😢

• Heart
  • Sad
We LOVE snufflebabe if its available locally to you. think they do have to be of a certain age for that though!!
---

i generally wouldnt mind if she woke up nearer to midnight - but 3/4am all i wanna do is go in a deep sleep and i hate it sooo much
---

another vote for the calpol plug in, however i hate how expensive the refills are for only a nights worth of relief.... ive thought about using some snufflebabe oil on the strips and wondered if that might work 🤔
I've been advised to cut the strip in half. Also I used it for 2 nights and it worked fine. It says no longer than 16 hours continuously and it was on maybe 9 each night so I figured it would be ok to use a second night

Reactions: 3
Ticking 9-12 months for the first time 🥺 where has the time gone. Less than 4 weeks left of my maternity leave 😢
Less than 3 weeks left here. I can’t help but feel so sad. I’m knackered and today has been emotional but I’m just so apprehensive about going back and not being a full time mama.

—-

Picked her up and she was ok, she had been a bit upset they said but she took milk from them which is great and it chilled her right out. They took her for a walk in the pushchair which she enjoyed and at least wasn’t inconsolable like the little boy sat with her 😢

• Heart
Less than 3 weeks left here. I can’t help but feel so sad. I’m knackered and today has been emotional but I’m just so apprehensive about going back and not being a full time mama.
I don't feel too sad or worried but baby breakfast is my 2nd, it definitely felt harder first time as I worried how I'd manage it all but this time I know I can juggle it. I feel guilty in some ways that I'm going back at 10 months whereas I had a full year with her big sister but it is what it is. I also feel sad that I'm just getting into my groove with parenting her, it feels so much easier now she's on 2 naps and we have a nice routine! Not that it's ever easy but I am not the type that enjoys the tiny baby stage. Especially in baby breakfasts case, we had reflux/c section recovery/moving house and finishing off a renovation all to deal with in the first 6 months so I really didn't enjoy it and feel bad about that.

Anyway, I feel kind of ready to start the next phase of parenting and will look forward to our Fridays off together 🥰 it is hard when it's your first, I cried as soon as I saw my manager on my first day back after my eldest 🤣 it was emotional. Big hugs.

• Heart
Quite a few of us starting back at work at the same time! Still fighting my employers about my flexible working request, despite submitting it in September 🫠

• Wow
  • Sad
10 month HV check tomorrow.
What should I expect?
Absolutely dreading it & a trigger for my anxiety is health issues & appointments.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.