New baby and post birth advice #42 If only it would fit in a Kallax

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does it depend on the texture? My 6m old is mostly OK but hates anything slimy like avocado, porridge fingers (think I added too much milk), banana or if she's chewed a rusk she won't pick it back up.
Yes defo depends on texture he absolutely would not touch an avocado. He happily will pick up crisps/bread sticks/toast etc. not sure theres anything else I can do except keep offering him it. I saw some people roll stuff in desiccated coconut 🤔

Yes defo depends on texture he absolutely would not touch an avocado. He happily will pick up crisps/bread sticks/toast etc. not sure theres anything else I can do except keep offering him it. I saw some people roll stuff in desiccated coconut 🤔
Yeah hemp seeds are supposed to be good for texture too. I haven't tried it yet, she'll do avo on toast so maybe try to mix the textures like that? Or something you know he'll go for alongside something risky, so he gets used to seeing it and can try it if he wants to, then go in with a spoon if needed?

Reactions: 1
Hey guys new to the thread! Feels weird moving over from the pregnancy thread 😂 had my little boy 6 days ago and I know this place will be a life saver x

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yeah hemp seeds are supposed to be good for texture too. I haven't tried it yet, she'll do avo on toast so maybe try to mix the textures like that? Or something you know he'll go for alongside something risky, so he gets used to seeing it and can try it if he wants to, then go in with a spoon if needed?
I tried the whole something he likes with something new and he just took the stuff he wanted🤣I defo seem to be getting somewhere by putting the new stuff in his mouth but I hope that isn’t going to create bad habits

Hey guys new to the thread! Feels weird moving over from the pregnancy thread 😂 had my little boy 6 days ago and I know this place will be a life saver x
Welcome! Enjoy the baby bubble 🥰 How are you doing?
Saw on the other thread you had a c section, how's the recovery going?

• Heart
I tried the whole something he likes with something new and he just took the stuff he wanted🤣I defo seem to be getting somewhere by putting the new stuff in his mouth but I hope that isn’t going to create bad habits
If it hasn’t been said already definitely check out solid starts. I would refrain from putting things in my sons mouth as he needed to be confident that he could chew and then swallow safely. It may take a while for him to reach for new stuff but taking pressure out of mealtimes and also modelling eating the same things may help. At that age you can over exaggerate chewing so he can see oh with this small bit of food I need to use my teeth on the side to crunch crunch crunch until it’s small enough to swallow.

If it hasn’t been said already definitely check out solid starts. I would refrain from putting things in my sons mouth as he needed to be confident that he could chew and then swallow safely. It may take a while for him to reach for new stuff but taking pressure out of mealtimes and also modelling eating the same things may help. At that age you can over exaggerate chewing so he can see oh with this small bit of food I need to use my teeth on the side to crunch crunch crunch until it’s small enough to swallow.
I have the solid starts app. He defo knows how to chew and eat he just won’t actually do it him self. I think he is just lazy majority of the time. He had an op when he was 8 months old and from then on he was a different baby and just completely forgot how to eat. The op was on his bowels so I don’t know if he associated the food with poo pain and now avoids it.

I have the solid starts app. He defo knows how to chew and eat he just won’t actually do it him self. I think he is just lazy majority of the time. He had an op when he was 8 months old and from then on he was a different baby and just completely forgot how to eat. The op was on his bowels so I don’t know if he associated the food with poo pain and now avoids it.
Ah sorry I think I misunderstood! There definitely is a stage where they’ll prefer easy foods like yoghurt and less resistive foods, so sounds like you are doing the right thing by providing options :)

I’ve been meaning to message here incase anyone else appreciates this tip, I can’t remember who suggested it on this thread. The I Love You massage technique works without fail every time I do it after my 5m old hasn’t pooped for a few days I get results. 10/10 recommend 👍🏻 💩

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Ah sorry I think I misunderstood! There definitely is a stage where they’ll prefer easy foods like yoghurt and less resistive foods, so sounds like you are doing the right thing by providing options :)

I can’t remember who suggested the I Love You massage technique but without fail every time I do it after my 5m old hasn’t pooped for a few days I get results. 10/10 recommend 👍🏻 💩
I will have a look at the massage technique. He is very hit and miss, I try avoid medication and just control diet but easier said than done when he doesn’t eat much.. x

• Heart
I will have a look at the massage technique. He is very hit and miss, I try avoid medication and just control diet but easier said than done when he doesn’t eat much.. x
Yup we definitely struggled with pooping with my first son, we were on lactulose for ages, I hated it. I’ve been doing the I love you massage with my 5 month old but it could be a total different ball game once he starts solid of course

I’ve said it before on here but flaxseeds have been a godsend for getting my son to go regularly without pain. You can get milled flaxseed for Aldi quite cheap it’s thin so could be used to roll on slimy/juicy food like fruit & for texture. Chia seeds as well have been great for the same thing.

I found the tiktok moon & rue helpful for BLW food ideas, she’s put all her videos in links for Rue’s ages so it’s easier to go back and look x

Reactions: 2
I’ve said it before on here but flaxseeds have been a godsend for getting my son to go regularly without pain. You can get milled flaxseed for Aldi quite cheap it’s thin so could be used to roll on slimy/juicy food like fruit & for texture. Chia seeds as well have been great for the same thing.

I found the tiktok moon & rue helpful for BLW food ideas, she’s put all her videos in links for Rue’s ages so it’s easier to go back and look x
Yes, you told me about flaxseed and it's been a game changer! 🥰 Another vote here for Moon and Rue, I think I've watched every single video. "So today Rue is having..."

Yes, you told me about flaxseed and it's been a game changer! 🥰 Another vote here for Moon and Rue, I think I've watched every single video. "So today Rue is having..."
I’m their biggest fan after his poonami 😂
Her voice is so soothing as well I think that’s why I watch it, I keep meaning to try her recipes but I’m lazy

• Heart
My 3 month old is refusing to take the mam and tomee tipee bottles. Hes been in hosp over weekend with viral infection and was given the sterifeed premature bottles and teats ive looked on amazon but they are disposable. Are the dr brown bottles any good o they have the prem teats im at my witts end
We have a load of those from our stay in hospital. No reason why you can’t sterilise them. We’ve been doing it since September and babies doing really well.

Hope you and bub are doing ok otherwise though. Sounds stressful x

Welcome! Enjoy the baby bubble 🥰 How are you doing?
Saw on the other thread you had a c section, how's the recovery going?
the recovery has been rough! I was stupid and a day after I was like oh this is a breeze 😂 then day 2 hit me like a train. I am finally feeling human again I’m in next to no pain and feeling more like myself. Little one has lost 12% of his body weight so I’m trying to have him on the boob as much as possible so I’m currently just a snack to Him 😂x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
the recovery has been rough! I was stupid and a day after I was like oh this is a breeze  then day 2 hit me like a train. I am finally feeling human again I’m in next to no pain and feeling more like myself. Little one has lost 12% of his body weight so I’m trying to have him on the boob as much as possible so I’m currently just a snack to Him x
Hope the abs are well

I’m their biggest fan after his poonami 😂
Her voice is so soothing as well I think that’s why I watch it, I keep meaning to try her recipes but I’m lazy
I tried a couple, put real effort into it and she flung it on the floor then screamed in my face so she can deal with what I give her now 😂 we tried the pancakes, puff Pastry twists and porridge fingers and she hated every one of them.

• Haha
I tried a couple, put real effort into it and she flung it on the floor then screamed in my face so she can deal with what I give her now 😂 we tried the pancakes, puff Pastry twists and porridge fingers and she hated every one of them.
Rue is an anomaly but so cute! The most I made was banana rolled in French toast it went down like a lead balloon so I give up 😂

Mother Neo has taken the baby for an hour and I’m lost 😭😭
First time anyone else has had her apart from me or KW.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.