• Still pregnant and reading ahead

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • I’m a lurking knobwaffle

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • I own more kallax units than rooms in my house

Votes: 4 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title is from @DaisyDaisy87 , my new life motto.

Honourable mention to the thread title runner up, “it’d almost make me join the no kickers clan and have another” @jackolantern. But in your own words…

Guide to the thread for new members:
Dress code? Pyjamas
This thread is designed to provide support. If you can’t be supportive and find something nice to say, perhaps mumsnet is a better place for you
Nothing is off topic or taboo - unless you’re bragging about milestones and you think you’re three week old can recite their times tables
Knobwaffle of the week nominations always welcome
We love a good doughnut 🍩
Thread titles tend to come from something random someone says during the chat. Please point out anything spectacularly title worthy to make sure I don’t miss it

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Supposed to be Babyelfs first day at nursery today and I'm on hold to 111 as he has a temp of 40 and a rash 🥴

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
@WhatABore sorry I missed the last few pages of the last thread, you really do deserve better, I'm sorry that things are the way they are. I hope that the email you sent gets some results, the lack of support from services is shocking.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ahhh I feel honoured 🤣❤

Just went to click the 10-12 month box and realised he’s 13 months today dammit! How has that month gone so quick?!

@WhatABore hope you’re okay and can get help on those links shared. We all love you!! ❤ would be amazing if we all lived closer. I handed my notice in at work and the mum friends I met on Peanut have gone back to work now so it’s hard finding people to meet with in the week now. @Dipdab if we lived closer I would love a twin play date! Can’t believe people are put off by twins but it’s definitely their loss!

• Heart
Is anyone else awful at doing hair? 😂
The 4yo has such shiny/smooth hair that she needs 2 plaits constantly for school or 2 ponytails just to keep her hair in, she can't even wear hair clips because they literally slide out her hair.

But I can't even get her parting central 😂 nevermind anything else!

Last edited:
The 4yo has such shiny/smooth hair that she needs 2 plaits constantly for school or 2 ponytails just to keep her hair in, she can't even wear hair clips because they literally slide out her hair.

Can you get a kids sea salt spray? It may add a bit of texture to her hair so it holds a bit better

Yes but I have the opposite problem. The eldest has beautiful curly hair that turns to a tangled mess in no time at all. She also has very strong opinions on how she wants her hair to look, but hates sitting still for me to do it. So she’ll request something, then it’s like trying to perform a French plait on a bucking broncho

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yes but I have the opposite problem. The eldest has beautiful curly hair that turns to a tangled mess in no time at all. She also has very strong opinions on how she wants her hair to look, but hates sitting still for me to do it. So she’ll request something, then it’s like trying to perform a French plait on a bucking broncho
Do you use anything specific on her hair?
T2 has proper tight curls and it's so textured and dry it's always just one bloody big dread lock! I've tried cantu and other things but it seems to leave her hair really greasy 😵💫

Reactions: 1
Luckily she's really good at staying still whilst I do it. Mostly 😂
Her hair is dead straight.
I have no idea where she gets her hair from. There's not a single person in mine or my partners family with straight hair. And hers is the straightest I've seen 😂

Can you get a kids sea salt spray? It may add a bit of texture to her hair so it holds a bit better
I've never tried anything.
I have no idea what to use. I've never been into hair or anything myself so I've never even used anything on my own. Mines really curly when it's first washed and then brush it and it's a massive Bush so I just throw it up 😂
And that's been what I've done my whole life 😂

I've never tried anything.
I have no idea what to use. I've never been into hair or anything myself so I've never even used anything on my own. Mines really curly when it's first washed and then brush it and it's a massive Bush so I just throw it up 😂
And that's been what I've done my whole life 😂
This is me 🙋🏻‍♀️ I have really naturally thick curly hair that I either straighten within an inch of it's life (if I ever have time 😂) or it gets thrown up. But MiniGlenCoco has much finer hair than me and it's straight until the ends and then curls beautifully. But it never stays in bobbles or clips like your mini. I send her to school with 2 pigtails and then she comes home looking like she has been dragged through a hedge backwards!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Do you use anything specific on her hair?
T2 has proper tight curls and it's so textured and dry it's always just one bloody big dread lock! I've tried cantu and other things but it seems to leave her hair really greasy 😵💫
Mostly I now only brush it once a week or so 😂 so when she’s in the bath I’ll use an obscene amount of conditioner and use a wetbrush on it with the conditioner still in. And then I won’t brush it til she’s next having a proper hair wash. I put this stuff I bought on Amazon called hair milk on it when she’s out the bath which seems to help with the dryness and it’s one of the few things she’ll let me use (she doesn’t like anything that smells ‘funny’ - this smells like milkshake so she likes it). And the rest of the time I insist on it remaining in plaits, especially when she’s asleep to avoid more tangles 😬

Baby C is on the edge of learning to sit and had his first little head bump this morning, I only moved for a second. 😭 He cried so much he made himself sick which is so unlike him. Can anyone recommend one of those padded floor mats? We have laminate flooring with a shaggy rug on top but I think something more padded might be sensible!

• Heart
Mostly I now only brush it once a week or so 😂 so when she’s in the bath I’ll use an obscene amount of conditioner and use a wetbrush on it with the conditioner still in. And then I won’t brush it til she’s next having a proper hair wash. I put this stuff I bought on Amazon called hair milk on it when she’s out the bath which seems to help with the dryness and it’s one of the few things she’ll let me use (she doesn’t like anything that smells ‘funny’ - this smells like milkshake so she likes it). And the rest of the time I insist on it remaining in plaits, especially when she’s asleep to avoid more tangles 😬
I will source some hair milk! Were not long enough for plaits yet, but the back of her head is significantly shorter than the rest due to be cutting out all the dread locks she's created in sleep☠
That's after using detangler sprays and god knows what else, then she just looks like I've bathed her in my nans chip pan as it looks mega greasy😂

Baby C is on the edge of learning to sit and had his first little head bump this morning, I only moved for a second. 😭 He cried so much he made himself sick which is so unlike him. Can anyone recommend one of those padded floor mats? We have laminate flooring with a shaggy rug on top but I think something more padded might be sensible!
I got some of those jigsaw type ones from Amazon, they had options for how many pieces you wanted which I liked so you can add to it if it’s not big enough.

Once they crawl they always fall when they’re not on the mat though 🙈 he’s on his third split lip already!

I got some of those jigsaw type ones from Amazon, they had options for how many pieces you wanted which I liked so you can add to it if it’s not big enough.

Once they crawl they always fall when they’re not on the mat though 🙈 he’s on his third split lip already!
That's a good shout, thank you! I hadn't really thought about the crawling issues. Urgh I need to toughen up, I cried once he was happily playing again, which spiralled into how the part of his life where I can protect him from almost everything is nearly over. Get a grip woman... 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
That's a good shout, thank you! I hadn't really thought about the crawling issues. Urgh I need to toughen up, I cried once he was happily playing again, which spiralled into how the part of his life where I can protect him from almost everything is nearly over. Get a grip woman... 😂
Haha I know I cried at his first split lip - he tends to bite his lip when he falls bless him. But now when he hurts himself we’re both over it a lot quicker and the falling has made him more careful! ❤

• Heart
I will source some hair milk! Were not long enough for plaits yet, but the back of her head is significantly shorter than the rest due to be cutting out all the dread locks she's created in sleep☠
That's after using detangler sprays and god knows what else, then she just looks like I've bathed her in my nans chip pan as it looks mega greasy😂
I don’t have curly hair (as much as I wanted it!) but I’ve heard the My Little Coco hair range is meant to be really good, I can’t speak from experience though

I use the “curling custard” from the my little coco range for A’s hair.
she’s got a lot on top but not loads at the back 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.