New baby and post birth advice #42 If only it would fit in a Kallax

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this question but I'm hoping you may be able to help...

Tomorrow I have my meeting with the consultants regarding me asking for a second c section. I'm really anxious about it and absolutely terrified they will say no. The midwife at my booking appointment basically fobbed me off and said no it would be a vbac until I essentially said that wasn't an option and I really want another c section. I have massive medical environment triggered anxiety and the unknown of labour terrifies me. I ended up having an emergency c section about 11 hours after my waters broke as baby was breech last time. I also didnt have any contractions so it was quite a calm lead up to the big event. Obvs in the moment I was utterly terrified and shaking like a leaf (they gave me more drugs to help) but I've been through it now and I know roughly what to expect whereas labour I have no bloody idea. Help! How do I get this across tomorrow so they agree to it because I'm so so scared they won't. 💔
You are absolutely entitled to a caesarean should you so wish for one. Print off the NICE guidance and take it with you. I have attached the page you need below. It says you should be allowed one, and if your doctor refuses they need to refer you to someone else who will agree.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
You are absolutely entitled to a caesarean should you so wish for one. Print off the NICE guidance and take it with you. I have attached the page you need below. It says you should be allowed one, and if your doctor refuses they need to refer you to someone else who will agree.
Wow thank you for this, you are l so helpful. If only my community midwife was 🙈 thank you x

Could you write down the points you want to make? That way if you do start getting emotional, you've got a physical reminder of what you want to say?
Yes, I've jotted a few reasons down, but my main reason is just the fact I would feel more comfortable with it as I've done it before and that'll help lessen my anxiety x

Wow thank you for this, you are l so helpful. If only my community midwife was 🙈 thank you x

Yes, I've jotted a few reasons down, but my main reason is just the fact I would feel more comfortable with it as I've done it before and that'll help lessen my anxiety x
Then that's the perfect reason to have an elective section 🥰 don't feel bad for wanting one, just be firm that that's the way you want to go x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this question but I'm hoping you may be able to help...

Tomorrow I have my meeting with the consultants regarding me asking for a second c section. I'm really anxious about it and absolutely terrified they will say no. The midwife at my booking appointment basically fobbed me off and said no it would be a vbac until I essentially said that wasn't an option and I really want another c section. I have massive medical environment triggered anxiety and the unknown of labour terrifies me. I ended up having an emergency c section about 11 hours after my waters broke as baby was breech last time. I also didnt have any contractions so it was quite a calm lead up to the big event. Obvs in the moment I was utterly terrified and shaking like a leaf (they gave me more drugs to help) but I've been through it now and I know roughly what to expect whereas labour I have no bloody idea. Help! How do I get this across tomorrow so they agree to it because I'm so so scared they won't. 💔
I know many others have responses but just wanted to add that my 1st was ECS, 2nd and 3rd were VBAC…. However with both 2nd and 3rd the midwife’s were more pushing towards VBAC whereas the consultants were pushing more towards C-Section so with any luck you’ll find the same with the consultants. You are entitled to give birth how you wish and given you have previously had a C-Section it will likely be easier to get another one :) At the hospital I delivered at the consultants were massively against inductions for VBACs due to risks meaning more likely needing ECS too so my plan was signed off with C-Sections booked for 40+1 (although I ended up trying VBAC as went into labour before and wanted to however they said I could have had CS on day if wanted). Hope your discussion goes well and you get your CS :)

• Heart

You honestly dont even need a reason. I wanted a csection and they fobbed me off all the way through, I eventually agreed to an induction because they started overloading me with all these risks saying they were just trying to help me make an informed choice - an informed choice isn't just being aware of risks though, its being aware of the benefits and any risks with the alternative choice which they glossed over. Anyway my induction went tits up, probably because I was so stressed and I ended up having an emergency csection in the early hours, no chance to get my head round it, almost didn't manage the spinal and we didn't get any photos because we were in such a daze we didn't pick our phones up. My midwife was so angry for me that I'd been told no, she said that's not allowed anymore 🤷‍♀️
If we have another I will be so much more firm from the start, I knew it was the right choice for me but I backed down. You don't even need a list of reasons if you can't think of any, you can just say 'I want a csection because that's the right choice for me' and if they try to pick it apart just double down, 'this is my choice, I'm allowed to choose how I give birth'.

• Heart
Your body, your baby, your choice how you give birth. Lessening your anxiety around the birth and recovery of your baby is more than enough reason, don't feel you have to give them a list of reasons. I've always found the consultants and midwives that actually deliver the babies rather than in your in your antenatal care are much more receptive and understanding. I hope it goes smoothly for you

• Heart
I know many others have responses but just wanted to add that my 1st was ECS, 2nd and 3rd were VBAC…. However with both 2nd and 3rd the midwife’s were more pushing towards VBAC whereas the consultants were pushing more towards C-Section so with any luck you’ll find the same with the consultants. You are entitled to give birth how you wish and given you have previously had a C-Section it will likely be easier to get another one :) At the hospital I delivered at the consultants were massively against inductions for VBACs due to risks meaning more likely needing ECS too so my plan was signed off with C-Sections booked for 40+1 (although I ended up trying VBAC as went into labour before and wanted to however they said I could have had CS on day if wanted). Hope your discussion goes well and you get your CS :)
Oh thank you, you're all really help lessen my nerves I'm just hoping the consultants I see are as nice as the ones you've mentioned 🤞🏼

You honestly dont even need a reason. I wanted a csection and they fobbed me off all the way through, I eventually agreed to an induction because they started overloading me with all these risks saying they were just trying to help me make an informed choice - an informed choice isn't just being aware of risks though, its being aware of the benefits and any risks with the alternative choice which they glossed over. Anyway my induction went tits up, probably because I was so stressed and I ended up having an emergency csection in the early hours, no chance to get my head round it, almost didn't manage the spinal and we didn't get any photos because we were in such a daze we didn't pick our phones up. My midwife was so angry for me that I'd been told no, she said that's not allowed anymore 🤷‍♀️
If we have another I will be so much more firm from the start, I knew it was the right choice for me but I backed down. You don't even need a list of reasons if you can't think of any, you can just say 'I want a csection because that's the right choice for me' and if they try to pick it apart just double down, 'this is my choice, I'm allowed to choose how I give birth'.
Oh I'm so sorry you had such a hard time with it. I think it's bad how they push against them, especially when it ends up in a situation like yours where you ultimately end up having one anyway. That birth could and SHOULD have been so different, I'm so sorry x

Your body, your baby, your choice how you give birth. Lessening your anxiety around the birth and recovery of your baby is more than enough reason, don't feel you have to give them a list of reasons. I've always found the consultants and midwives that actually deliver the babies rather than in your in your antenatal care are much more receptive and understanding. I hope it goes smoothly for you
Thank you so much, here's hoping I get the answer I want! I feel like such a spoilt little brat but this is something I really don't want to back down on.

• Heart
I have a friend who calls BabyGlenCoco "my girl" and it is really winding me up coz she isnt hers! 😫😂 I have no idea how to address it at all 🙈 she didn't do this with MiniGlenCoco but we weren't as close when I was pregnant with her. I know I'm probably being overdramatic but I just want her to stop!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have a friend who calls BabyGlenCoco "my girl" and it is really winding me up coz she isnt hers! 😫😂 I have no idea how to address it at all 🙈 she didn't do this with MiniGlenCoco but we weren't as close when I was pregnant with her. I know I'm probably being overdramatic but I just want her to stop!
Punch her in the face.

No, you're not being over dramatic but people like that are dickheads

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It honestly makes me cringe when people call my kids the nicknames we use, but don’t see them 🫠

Reactions: 2
I have a friend who does the same, I hate it too but also have no idea how to stop it too 🤦🏻‍♀️ She also calls her a nickname I absolutely HATE!

Reactions: 2
I’ve said before about my 15m old not eating much and would not pick stuff up. The dietitian said to just start fresh and do BLW. If the only finger foods he has ever ate is toast should I introduce things served for a 6 month old or straight to what you give a 15m old? For example it says chicken should be a drumstick for 6-9months but 12m should be cubes.

I’ve said before about my 15m old not eating much and would not pick stuff up. The dietitian said to just start fresh and do BLW. If the only finger foods he has ever ate is toast should I introduce things served for a 6 month old or straight to what you give a 15m old? For example it says chicken should be a drumstick for 6-9months but 12m should be cubes.
I'd do it as if you were weaning fresh, if it's food he hasn't got experience with he's gonna need to learn how to handle it. So serve it like he was 6 months.

Reactions: 3
My 3 month old is refusing to take the mam and tomee tipee bottles. Hes been in hosp over weekend with viral infection and was given the sterifeed premature bottles and teats ive looked on amazon but they are disposable. Are the dr brown bottles any good o they have the prem teats im at my witts end

I'd do it as if you were weaning fresh, if it's food he hasn't got experience with he's gonna need to learn how to handle it. So serve it like he was 6 months.
I think he is scared to touch stuff. I actually got him to eat grapes and blueberries today 🤯He wouldn’t touch them tho but let me put them in his mouth.

My 3 month old is refusing to take the mam and tomee tipee bottles. Hes been in hosp over weekend with viral infection and was given the sterifeed premature bottles and teats ive looked on amazon but they are disposable. Are the dr brown bottles any good o they have the prem teats im at my witts end
The sterifeed bottles and teats can be sterilised in a cold water steriliser. That’s what we were discharged from hospital with and told to do x

I think he is scared to touch stuff. I actually got him to eat grapes and blueberries today 🤯He wouldn’t touch them tho but let me put them in his mouth.
Maybe that’s how you should go - you put it on his tray so he has the option to hold it, then after a few minutes try and feed him so he knows it’s edible then as his confidence grows hopefully he’ll start wanting to pick it up?

Maybe that’s how you should go - you put it on his tray so he has the option to hold it, then after a few minutes try and feed him so he knows it’s edible then as his confidence grows hopefully he’ll start wanting to pick it up?
I think that’s what I will do, it’s had me all worked up for weeks so he can probably feel the stress. Annoyingly he has no problem eating anything inedible including trainers🙃

• Haha
I think that’s what I will do, it’s had me all worked up for weeks so he can probably feel the stress. Annoyingly he has no problem eating anything inedible including trainers🙃
Love a bit of adidas for breakfast!
Yeah they definitely cotton on to it, try and relax (easier said than done!!) and not make a big deal out of it and hopefully he’ll start to get the idea

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Does it depend on the texture? My 6m old is mostly OK but hates anything slimy like avocado, porridge fingers (think I added too much milk), banana or if she's chewed a rusk she won't pick it back up.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.