New baby and post birth advice #40: All I want for Christmas is a good nights sleep

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a first time mum due in March - has anyone got any negatives about the prep machine or the nuby rapid cool? From friends I have been told they couldn’t live without the prep machine but I’m so torn because of the advice not to use by the nhs but haven’t actually heard any of these negative stories from any mums. Also the rapid cool I thought would be a good alternative but the way I’ve seen it used on TikTok (to stop the need for constant cleaning) is where only an ounce is boiling for the formula and the rest is put in the rapid cool so part of me thinks is this just the same as a prep machine I haven’t seen any nhs guidance on the rapid cool so I’m just a bit unsure and thought it would be good to get recommendations.
You’re going to get a lot of comments on this, so apologies if you hear the same thing…

I used it with my nearly 7yo and 3 yo. No issues. (It wasn’t the same one) used it with the baby and hated it. The hot shot didn’t get hot and he loves his bottles warm. This may be a minefield, but this is what I done…

Before he was born, I bought tommee tippee bottles and he didn’t like them. So I’d fill them up with a couple of oz of cool boiled water and stick them in the fridge. Every night I would fill up the flask of boiling water, which lasted 24hrs. When it came to his bottle, I would put an oz of the cool boiled water in his mam bottle, put 2/3 oz (depending on how much milk he was having) from the flask, put the scoops in, mix and add the rest of the cold cold boiled water. Yes, it sounds like a faff, but this was really worked for us and he was still getting his hot shot

I’m so glad I no longer have to do this anymore 🫠

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Happy New Year mamas ❤ You girls got me through the hardest time in my life and I don't know what I would have done without you. Not only that, but you've held my hand every step of the way ever since. This community is literally heaven sent (except u Snoop, bleep). I love you all so much and I hope 2023 brings you everything you have dreamed of, will this be the year we see @I’mThankyou_, on the way to creating her own football team of babies? Get your bets in now!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Happy New Year mamas ❤ You girls got me through the hardest time in my life and I don't know what I would have done without you. Not only that, but you've held my hand every step of the way ever since. This community is literally heaven sent (except u Snoop, bleep). I love you all so much and I hope 2023 brings you everything you have dreamed of, will this be the year we see @I’mThankyou_, on the way to creating her own football team of babies? Get your bets in now!

I swear on all things soup based, if I pop out octuplets we're moving in with you 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Had anyones babies ever had crazy nappies when switching from formula to cows milk?

Weve been doing it gradually as baby elf wouldn't take a bottle of just cows milk so its about half and half at the moment, he only has about 3 bottles a day. But he has been pooing every hour for about 3 days just really mucusy weird poos. His poor bum is so sore and I cant figure out whats causing it. The milk is the only thing that has recently changed 🤷🏼‍♀️

I think it just didn’t occur to me because my own children can’t open the kallax? Now I’ve thought about it, I have no idea why she can’t, she’s almost 4, I think it’s just become habit to ask for her to ask for what she wants. But therefore I’ve never need to ‘hide’ toys that are put away, because my own kids can’t access them 😂 plus I don’t know if it’s because I have two girls, or they’re just very gentle, but they’re just not very destructive. I happily keep pens / paints within their reach and haven’t had any disasters. Before the baby was mobile I’d also keep children’s scissors that my 3yo could use if she wanted to. Watching these other children made me realise clearly I’m lucky and that’s not the norm 😂
Do you just have the material box/drawer things?
Everleigh has been able to yank them out since she was about 1 😂
I'm constantly having to tell her not to pull them fully out. Because then she tips everything out and tries to get in the boxes 😑😂

We *touch wood* have never had an issue with them getting into paint. However, I feel like Everleigh is the one to change that 😂
It is technically in reach in the kitchen.
We've never had problems with pens and stuff or drawn anywhere other than paper. Luckily.
Again, I feel Everleigh will be the one to change this 😂

Happy new year! I’m so grateful for this community here! I’m sad I’m not on ad much as I’d like — I miss you guys!
I also can’t believe I got pregnant in 21, born in 22, and turns 1 in 23. She’s napping low and I miss her dearly even though she slept most of the night on me last night, but she slept like a champ through the fireworks last night so 🤷‍♀️ . She’s now doing this thing where I put her in her next to me and she immediately rolls to her stomach and hulk smashes her head to the side / my mattress and then can’t breathe. So I obviously can’t leave her there.

I have about 2-4 more weeks before KW leaves again and this time for 13 weeks. Not sure how I’m going to manage all of it, but I will be working only 3 days so that’ll help a lot.
Oh, and she starts daycare on Tuesday.
We keep hitting these time benchmarks that seemed so abstract this past year and now they’re so real. I can’t wrap my head around it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m a first time mum due in March - has anyone got any negatives about the prep machine or the nuby rapid cool? From friends I have been told they couldn’t live without the prep machine but I’m so torn because of the advice not to use by the nhs but haven’t actually heard any of these negative stories from any mums. Also the rapid cool I thought would be a good alternative but the way I’ve seen it used on TikTok (to stop the need for constant cleaning) is where only an ounce is boiling for the formula and the rest is put in the rapid cool so part of me thinks is this just the same as a prep machine I haven’t seen any nhs guidance on the rapid cool so I’m just a bit unsure and thought it would be good to get recommendations.
We use the rapid cool and love it but we make the bottles up in the bottle then pour it into the flask, cool then wash and cold water sterilise. That way you're making it to nhs guidance and it doesn't take much to clean tbh. Was the best option for us as we combi fed until 2 weeks ago when she decided my tit wasn't good enough anymore 💔 so we only did 2 bottles of formula a day in 6m. I have friends who rave about the prep machine but know a couple who's babies had worse trapped wind after using it, altho I'm not sure why? It looks so easy, I'd probably have got one if we used more formula.

• Heart
Mr B wants to sort through all the boys clothes as they are all in piles in their rooms. I guess I have to come to peace with killing someone off this year

Happy New Year to you lovely mamas!! Here’s to another year of babies and KWs x

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Is anyone still losing tons of hair a year pp? Everytime I wash or brush mine I have enough falling out to make a wig! And KW keeps getting pissed I’m clogging the shower drain with it all!
was thinking maybe I should be taking supplements? 🤷‍♀️

Do you just have the material box/drawer things?
Everleigh has been able to yank them out since she was about 1 😂
I'm constantly having to tell her not to pull them fully out. Because then she tips everything out and tries to get in the boxes 😑😂

We *touch wood* have never had an issue with them getting into paint. However, I feel like Everleigh is the one to change that 😂
It is technically in reach in the kitchen.
We've never had problems with pens and stuff or drawn anywhere other than paper. Luckily.
Again, I feel Everleigh will be the one to change this 😂
yeah, just normal fabric ones. But the ones at the bottom are fairly heavy brcause of what they’ve got in them (eg one crammed full of puzzles, one has all the wooden toys) so I think the ones she could reach when younger were just too heavy to yank out so she’d have to ask, plus a lot were out of reach as our kallax is massive. And I think now she just has the habit of asking, and that means I can say “you need to put x away before we get anything new out” and it sort of keeps the house fairly tidy that way.

Now I’m writing it down I’ve realised how insane I sound for not realising other children would open it

• Haha
Had anyones babies ever had crazy nappies when switching from formula to cows milk?

Weve been doing it gradually as baby elf wouldn't take a bottle of just cows milk so its about half and half at the moment, he only has about 3 bottles a day. But he has been pooing every hour for about 3 days just really mucusy weird poos. His poor bum is so sore and I cant figure out whats causing it. The milk is the only thing that has recently changed 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yes! Twin 1 didn't take to cows milk at all, I think it's because in formula the cows milk is hydrolysed more so wasn't as rich on her tummy. She was either really crappy and mucusy or bunged up to high heavens. We switched her onto Soya milk and she calmed down loads. We kept giving her yoghurts and cows milk in cereals and we're slowly making the switch back over to cows milk (simply because I'm fed up of buying two lots of milk) and she's taking it better this time
It could be the cows milk is slightly too rich for his tummy! Hopefully he can get used too it 🤞🏻

Is anyone still losing tons of hair a year pp? Everytime I wash or brush mine I have enough falling out to make a wig! And KW keeps getting pissed I’m clogging the shower drain with it all!
was thinking maybe I should be taking supplements? 🤷‍♀️
Yes, it's falling out so bad😭
I've started taking biotin daily, yet to see a difference. My bath still looks like hagrids had a shave there

I need to find the energy and enthusiasm to take down my Xmas tree but i really can’t be arsed

Reactions: 3
I need to find the energy and enthusiasm to take down my Xmas tree but i really can’t be arsed
Nor me but I appear to have had a mental break and the thought of taking it down and moving the Kallax from my office there instead to organise his toys is dare I say it... thrilling me

What the duck have you all done to me?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.