Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GlennCoco

VIP Member
Morning all, joining in if you don't mind as BabyGlenCoco was born on Thursday 🥰

Been a bit of a rough start, my planned section wasn't as smooth as we had hoped for and BabyGlenCoco ended up on the special baby ward due to some complications.

However, she has done really well and came back onto the normal ward just before midnight last night 🎉 we're hopefully going to be discharged today 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 30

FoksiOska

VIP Member
Stepping foot onto this thread now that Baby F has finally decided to come and see what the outside world is like.
He arrived in the early hrs of Boxing Day after 45hrs from start to finish. I won't lie, it was sheer hell for nearly all of it especially given it was the whole Christmas period. But he is worth it 100%🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I hate to be a whinger on NYE, hardly party atmosphere, but I’ve had such a shit afternoon. I just felt so overwhelmed, and honestly over the Christmas holidays I feel all I have done is clean and tidy constantly. I haven’t had any time to sit down for ten minutes and have a breather - any time I sit down TMe is crying at me for boobs.
I see so much online of people having lovely times playing board games, and family movies etc and I feel like absolute shit because I never do that with my kids because I literally don’t have a single second in the day to do it.
I feel like the maid in the house, I feel like I’m not actually living a life, I’m just supporting the rest of the family in living theirs.
I actually had to say to KW today “I am struggling here” as he is fucking swanning about doing whatever, and I am juggling everything and all the kids. And then he gets in a mood with me about that, so that’s why I never ask him for help.
Feeling really bloody miserable, and hugely sorry for myself 🙈

Ahhh that’s good to know, thanks, as I know they’re very similar to the Nissan navarra! We were buying it in mamas and papas earlier and she did a check of our cars on the system and it said it wasn’t compatible and I’ve just checked the joie website too and it just says cannot be used in this car. But I really can’t see why so I’m tempted to just buy it anyway and worst case we can send it back!?
To be honest I’ve never even checked (apart from that one HBB and that was because I was checking if it could go in the back row!) if they are compatible with the car. I would imagine that it you wouldn’t be able to claim it on your insurance if it’s not specifically given as compatible, but if it is isofix and the car has an isofix point they are all as standard so surely can’t be an actual safety risk?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Borntorun

VIP Member
Ok this is downright mean. I propose a motion to ask send him a lovely present in whatever box he would be excited by containing dirty nappies... Motion seconded?
Yup. After the Tiffany & co box with a phone charger he said ‘don’t worry, this is a real present’. Another jewellery package. Another phone charger inside. Then he said okay, okay, a real one this time. A Samsung box… phone charger inside. I’ve now refused to open any more presents. Didn’t want the kids to see I was upset with their dad so I took the dog for a walk instead

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

WhatABore

VIP Member
So in a state of tiredness last night of Everleigh refusing to sleep.
I did some online shopping as I'd been given some money for Christmas.
I am blaming the fact I was struggling to keep my eyes open.
So I wanted to try this edible cookie dough company.
And I thought I'd ordered a taster pack of a couple of mini tubs. (apparently I didn't look at the price) then after you pay, it gives you extra offers at 1/3 of the normal price. So I was like, yeah, sure. Go on then.
And then it came up with another offer. So I was like, eh, sure.
So there's me thinking I've ordered like 5 tubs of 150g pots of cookie dough.

No no. I've ordered 19 x 150g tubs 🤣 plus a 500g tub 🤣
Sooooo I've got 3.35kg of cookie dough coming.

I can't believe I didn't even look at the price 🤣 wtf do I do with nearly 3 and a half kg of cookie dough.

I'm blaming being tired because normally I'm so stingey 🤣 I look at a chocolate bar that's more than £1 and I'm like naaah too much.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Borntorun

VIP Member
I think my husband is the knobwaffliest knobwaffle of all time.

The baby still contact sleeps, and so once she falls asleep on me in the evening I often ask him to plug my phone in for me. He finds it annoying having to look for wherever I left it. So he thought it was a good idea to buy me 12 phone chargers for Christmas.

Shame he wrapped them in a Tiffany’s bag, with a box and a ribbon and everything. Oh and he videoed me opening it so he can rewatch my disappointment at his own leisure, over and over again.

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 23

Gidget00_

VIP Member
Hello! First time posting on this thread 👋
I’m a first time mum, my daughter is two weeks old and I’ve decided to stop breast feeding but I feel so guilty about it and like such a failure. 😒

• Heart
Reactions: 22

LongishCat

VIP Member
Merry Christmas everyone! 🎄
I've been struggling to keep up lately. Everytime I think I'm doing fine/better, I just come crashing down again.
I really want to thank you all so much. This past year has been insane, trying and painful and I'm so grateful I had you all supporting me, it means so much ❤ Thank you for being there and letting me moan and grieve ❤
I really can't put into words how much you ladies mean to me!
Hope you have lovely holidays, nights without issues and KWs who don't KW (or alternatively, nice big bins to put them in).

• Heart
Reactions: 22

jackolantern

VIP Member
I've never done anything for New Years in my entire 30 years and the only time I've ever actually been awake for it was because we got sent a Vindaloo by mistake and I thought come on Lantern, you can do this and quite obviously I could not so spent midnight shitting hellfire

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Bongos bingo is the bloody best 🤣🤣🤣 been too long since I went to one, what a corker it is.

Our NYE plans include another night in hospital and praying to the gods that baby sailors oxygen improves and his temp comes down asap before I go clinically insane 🙃 chin chin all, have a lovely one whatever you’re doing 🥂might order myself a Chinese to the hospital hahahaha #canyoutellimfeelingsorryformyself #Livingvicariouslythrougheveryoneelse

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I want 100 babies but then I realise I’m currently in hospital with baby sailor who has severe RSV for the 3rd time this winter alone and I think being sat on a chair in a side room because there are currently no beds on the ward, holding an oxygen mask on 100 more babies faces (because all of my kids get bronchiolitis badly) while they furiously bat me off….yeah, it does not fill me with joy or make me want anymore 🤣

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20

GlennCoco

VIP Member
We have been discharged and are now settling in at home. MiniGlenCoco is very excited to help out and I'm feeling overwhelmed 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Spillit2356

What a shitty day :( I feel like such an asshole stupid parent .....Baby S has only started to attempt crawling a day or 2 ago, I set her in the middle of our superking bed this morning and turned to get her clothes, a few seconds tops and she fell off the bed.....I had just turned my hair straighteners on beforehand and put them on the floor.....not only did she bump her head but she burned her hand too 😢😭 I took her to the doctors and they checked her over and dressed her wee hand. She looks so pitiful with the wee bandaged hand but I've been alternating nurofen and calpol so she's not too bad but definitely no sleep training tonight........I'm such a dick, I feel so guilty

• Heart
  • Sad

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Just a wee Christmas PSA from someone who Has been disappointed on Christmas many times, to be gentle with yourselves and the kids today. It’s such a big, overwhelming day for little ones, and we put so much thought and energy in to making it perfect that I know in the past I have felt frustrated and annoyed when things don’t go “perfectly”
My 4yo has already cried because she wanted more presents after they were opened 🫠 in years gone by I would have been annoyed that she was “ungrateful”, but remembering now that it’s such a big build up and then over so quickly and that leads to a lot of big feelings for everyone.
(or maybe you lot aren’t as insane as I am and have this figured out already!!!)

I think my husband is the knobwaffliest knobwaffle of all time.

The baby still contact sleeps, and so once she falls asleep on me in the evening I often ask him to plug my phone in for me. He finds it annoying having to look for wherever I left it. So he thought it was a good idea to buy me 12 phone chargers for Christmas.

Shame he wrapped them in a Tiffany’s bag, with a box and a ribbon and everything. Oh and he videoed me opening it so he can rewatch my disappointment at his own leisure, over and over again.
Christmas or not, we can be there with the shovels.

• Heart

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Oh ETA if one of mine is being the asshole and taking I remove it from their hands and give it back, and model apologising.
“I’m sorry ToddlerMe took that. He is a huge dickhead, I know”🤣 then validate your own toddler “you really like the look of that lump of dried up playdoh. You can have it when nice child is finished. It’s very hard to be patient. You animal.”

• Haha
Reactions: 18

TheDuchess

Chatty Member
Merry Christmas to you all, I also don’t post a whole lot (trying to juggle everything 🫠) but best believe I read this thread daily! You are all more helpful than you could ever know.

I hope we all get to have a lovely Christmas and that our kw’s, family and in-laws are supportive and well behaved 😂

We have just put the presents under the tree and did Ems stocking and I sobbed 😂

We dreamt of having a child for 7 years and now I’m hanging up my baby’s Christmas stocking ❤ I’m so grateful for my little baby and thankful for this thread!

• Heart

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Merry Christmas you beautiful beautiful bunch ❤❤ Wish I could explain how much I appreciate this little community we have built on here.
I’ve had a bloody wonderful day, now trying not to get too emotional thinking how her first Christmas is over, I know she won’t remember it but I will never forget 💕

• Heart