New baby and post birth advice #40: All I want for Christmas is a good nights sleep

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s MrWaka for me as well, I absolutely howled at that one 😂 The Great Tattle Bake Off is only a hair behind, mind you!

Happy New Year you glorious bunch 🥳 here’s hoping we all get some sleep at some point in 2023!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
If you have bleeping quads next you may kill me off laughing
I thought this was going to be the best last thing I read this year but..

I will name them Heinz, Tomato, Chicken & Oxtail soup
This bleeping wrote me off 🤣🤣🤣

I'd rather make soup...
No duck off I should’ve waited another page, how many of these soup posts can I expect in the next page, I’m dying for a wee and it makes me snort every time

• Haha
Reactions: 7
We live in a semi and the neighbours in the other half (with 1 & 4 year old daughters) have been blasting tunes all night. We’ve just had donk auld lang syne ffs.

Happy New Year lasses! Another vote for Mr Waka here 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m watching BBC One and all I can say is Sam Ryder, I will leave my husband for you, you can also be an absolute KW and I wouldn’t even care, just sing to me 🤤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m a first time mum due in March - has anyone got any negatives about the prep machine or the nuby rapid cool? From friends I have been told they couldn’t live without the prep machine but I’m so torn because of the advice not to use by the nhs but haven’t actually heard any of these negative stories from any mums. Also the rapid cool I thought would be a good alternative but the way I’ve seen it used on TikTok (to stop the need for constant cleaning) is where only an ounce is boiling for the formula and the rest is put in the rapid cool so part of me thinks is this just the same as a prep machine I haven’t seen any nhs guidance on the rapid cool so I’m just a bit unsure and thought it would be good to get recommendations.

I’m a first time mum due in March - has anyone got any negatives about the prep machine or the nuby rapid cool? From friends I have been told they couldn’t live without the prep machine but I’m so torn because of the advice not to use by the nhs but haven’t actually heard any of these negative stories from any mums. Also the rapid cool I thought would be a good alternative but the way I’ve seen it used on TikTok (to stop the need for constant cleaning) is where only an ounce is boiling for the formula and the rest is put in the rapid cool so part of me thinks is this just the same as a prep machine I haven’t seen any nhs guidance on the rapid cool so I’m just a bit unsure and thought it would be good to get recommendations.
We bought the prep machine before switching to fully breastfed and it was great, we had no issues or illness from it my only advice is to swirl the formula rather than shake as it can foam up (at least kendamil does) we found this helped with colic symptoms he had.
I haven’t used the rapid cool but my SIL does and it’s a god send when they’re out and about to stop my nephew crying and screaming as loud and as long as they would waiting for it to cool down normally x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Congratulations! I’ve used the prep machine from when my twins were around 12 weeks old to a year old. Never had any issue with it, it was a lifesaver with the amount of bottles I was making! (We even brought it on holiday with us!)
i made sure I changed the filter as soon as the light came on and did the cleaning cycle regularly.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Are there any suppositions about getting into an argument with your other half when it's New Years? We've had the most ridiculous of arguments at 11pm that is still ongoing (we've slept on and off in between)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Please explain to me the logic where I kept both kids up and partying last night for NYE and yet they’re both still up for the day at 6am?!?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.