New baby and post birth advice #40: All I want for Christmas is a good nights sleep

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so thankful the kid managed to sleep through all of the fireworks last night. They literally started from 9, it went nuts from around 11:45 to 12:45 so I was certain he was going to wake, but he didn't. I just wish he hadn't opted for the 5am wake up call. This pregnant Mumma needs more than 3 and a half hours sleep! SOS

Please explain to me the logic where I kept both kids up and partying last night for NYE and yet they’re both still up for the day at 6am?!?
I don't think there's any logic behind it, its a test!! I always find if I put him to bed later he still wakes the same time, if not earlier and has more wake ups in the middle of the night. My MIL is adamant that if I put him to bed later (he goes down between 7 and 730) then he would sleep better, I've tried it several times since moving in with them whilst the new house is renovated and each time he proves her wrong and me right.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m a first time mum due in March - has anyone got any negatives about the prep machine or the nuby rapid cool? From friends I have been told they couldn’t live without the prep machine but I’m so torn because of the advice not to use by the nhs but haven’t actually heard any of these negative stories from any mums. Also the rapid cool I thought would be a good alternative but the way I’ve seen it used on TikTok (to stop the need for constant cleaning) is where only an ounce is boiling for the formula and the rest is put in the rapid cool so part of me thinks is this just the same as a prep machine I haven’t seen any nhs guidance on the rapid cool so I’m just a bit unsure and thought it would be good to get recommendations.
In all honesty you will rarely find a HV that promotes the prep machine as they worry about mould in the tubes. My friend prep machine got shot wasn’t hot enough when the first bit of water came out so made her baby sick when she had her milk so sent it back, she stuck to using a flask of hot water and bottle of cold sterilised water, still does it 17 months on lol
We had the prep machine and had no issues with it I only gave it up as she’s on two milks a day and i wanted the counter space back

• Heart
I’m a first time mum due in March - has anyone got any negatives about the prep machine or the nuby rapid cool? From friends I have been told they couldn’t live without the prep machine but I’m so torn because of the advice not to use by the nhs but haven’t actually heard any of these negative stories from any mums. Also the rapid cool I thought would be a good alternative but the way I’ve seen it used on TikTok (to stop the need for constant cleaning) is where only an ounce is boiling for the formula and the rest is put in the rapid cool so part of me thinks is this just the same as a prep machine I haven’t seen any nhs guidance on the rapid cool so I’m just a bit unsure and thought it would be good to get recommendations.
I’ve used/using a prep machine with both my kids and had no issues at all. With this baby I had all intentions of getting a rapid cool too for when I’m out and about but tbh I’ve never got round to it, I just take cool boiled water out in sterilised bottles and add the powder when I’m about to feed, luckily both my kids don’t mind cold bottles 😂

• Heart
I’ve used my prep machine for 6 months and no issues, it’s a life saver. Thought about getting the rapid cool for out and about but didn’t bother as my friend showed me hers and it still seemed a faff 😂 I just make a bottle just before I leave the house if I know she’ll want one within an hour or two, and then use premade if she wants another.

• Heart
Baby B is constantly sucking his fists and slobbering I hope he’s not teething already he’s only 11 weeks 😵💫

Reactions: 2
We used the prefect prep with my first and loved it but with my second we found she was really gassy from it so stopped using it after about a month.

• Heart
We had fireworks going off here till 1am. Next door was the worst culprit, he had bloody proper display ones.
Why did my children not wake?
Yet I sneeze and that's it they're up for 3 hours 🙄

They actually didn't fancy a 2am rave, though we had some wake ups no one wanted to start their day till half 8🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 9
We had fireworks going off here till 1am. Next door was the worst culprit, he had bloody proper display ones.
Why did my children not wake?
Yet I sneeze and that's it they're up for 3 hours 🙄

They actually didn't fancy a 2am rave, though we had some wake ups no one wanted to start their day till half 8🥳
It sounded like a war zone round ours and she didn’t wake. Woke me though 😂😂

@Borntorun that’s what you get for trying to be a fun mum 🙈
🥴 I’m not sure I’ll try it again.

I think I’ve been particularly spoiled because my 3yo can’t open the kallax herself. And one of my biggest parenting triggers is when different toy sets get mixed together (I don’t mind if they’re playing with two toys together, eg the dolls and the doctor kit. I just meanwhen it’s pure chaos). Anyway these other kids were just literally tipping things out for the fun of it and not even playing with them. Like tipping out puzzles and mixing all the pieces together 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Happy new year tattle mums and babies!!!

opened Facebook to this and immediately thought of this thread (I’m looking at @I’mThankyou_ ) so came running to give you all love ❤
PS MINE BROKE LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!
D0A463F5-8FB2-40DB-A236-1D0042DF972A.jpeg

@Sailorontheseasea sending you and your family all the love in the world ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

I think I’ve been particularly spoiled because my 3yo can’t open the kallax herself. And one of my biggest parenting triggers is when different toy sets get mixed together (I don’t mind if they’re playing with two toys together, eg the dolls and the doctor kit. I just meanwhen it’s pure chaos). Anyway these other kids were just literally tipping things out for the fun of it and not even playing with them. Like tipping out puzzles and mixing all the pieces together 🤯
Oh yes I am with you. In the past when we had toddlers round a lot I used to take toys with smaller pieces away, and leave just a few big things out for the visit because I can’t handle them tipping stuff everywhere either. I would spend the whole visit anxious about it.

Oh yes I am with you. In the past when we had toddlers round a lot I used to take toys with smaller pieces away, and leave just a few big things out for the visit because I can’t handle them tipping stuff everywhere either. I would spend the whole visit anxious about it.
I think it just didn’t occur to me because my own children can’t open the kallax? Now I’ve thought about it, I have no idea why she can’t, she’s almost 4, I think it’s just become habit to ask for her to ask for what she wants. But therefore I’ve never need to ‘hide’ toys that are put away, because my own kids can’t access them 😂 plus I don’t know if it’s because I have two girls, or they’re just very gentle, but they’re just not very destructive. I happily keep pens / paints within their reach and haven’t had any disasters. Before the baby was mobile I’d also keep children’s scissors that my 3yo could use if she wanted to. Watching these other children made me realise clearly I’m lucky and that’s not the norm 😂

• Heart
I’m finding it so hard to come on here at the moment, but I wanted to wish you all a happy new year! Baby slept through the fireworks which was a New Years Eve miracle. Baby T has had back to back illnesses for a month now, plus non stop teething so I feel barely alive from the lack of sleep 😅. MIL trumped our Christmas presents to the boys and bought the biggest things she could find, so now my 10 month old has a massive ride on mini and the 5 year old has a huge dinosaur nearly the size of him 🙃 which are both currently living in the kitchen because we have nowhere to put it, but I can’t even be mad because baby T loves the car so much, he’s so happy when he’s in it 🥺.

Wishing you all a happy new year, where the babies decide how good sleep actually is and the knobwaffles do less knobwaffling. And another vote here for Mr Wakas message as the best moment of the year.

• Heart
Happy new year ladies! Baby G started her new year by standing up on my bed naked this morning and doing the biggest wee possible while Mr G just held her there like 😱😱

• Haha

• Haha
Mine was when @Daisydunn15 called the baby a bleep at baby group 😂😂😂😂
Weirdly haven't been back 🤔😂

Had a little cry this morning that I fell pregnant in 2021, born 2022 and now it's 2023 like why does it suddenly feel so long ago when she's still only 6m. She was napping at the time so obviously a million times cuter and I couldn't handle that she'll turn 1 this year 😭 made me consider another for a second but thankfully I'm over that moment of madness.

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.