New baby and post birth advice #40: All I want for Christmas is a good nights sleep

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bit if a niche question… but does anyone have the joie i-spin 360 and also has a pickup truck car? Just been to get it and it isn’t compatible with KW car but it is mine. But our infant carrier is fine in his car? Can’t see why there were would be an issue with it as the back of his car is much bigger than mine!? It’s really messed with our plans now 😂
My husband has a Mitsubishi pick up and has used the Joie 360 - but I think it’s the older model than the ispin. When you say it’s not compatible is that from the list of cars allowed to use it? Because our old ford galaxy (the most family car ever) wasn’t on the list for one of our kids HBB, but we used it anyway.

My husband has a Mitsubishi pick up and has used the Joie 360 - but I think it’s the older model than the ispin. When you say it’s not compatible is that from the list of cars allowed to use it? Because our old ford galaxy (the most family car ever) wasn’t on the list for one of our kids HBB, but we used it anyway.
Ahhh that’s good to know, thanks, as I know they’re very similar to the Nissan navarra! We were buying it in mamas and papas earlier and she did a check of our cars on the system and it said it wasn’t compatible and I’ve just checked the joie website too and it just says cannot be used in this car. But I really can’t see why so I’m tempted to just buy it anyway and worst case we can send it back!?

Reactions: 1
My MIL is here - normally she’s the un-KW-iest person ever, really kind and lovely. But she’s is 110% not well enough to be here. She’s having a full coughing fit (to the point of retching) every 30 seconds. She said ‘oooh I hope I don’t give baby o my germs’… go home then?!?!?!?!
I’ve whisked baby o upstairs for a bath and some ‘down time’ before bed just so she doesn’t get bloody coughed on.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Happy new year ladies, I’ll say it now as let’s face it we’ll all be in bed by 9!!
What ever your plans are have a good one. Same again next year?? 💕🥂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I hate to be a whinger on NYE, hardly party atmosphere, but I’ve had such a tit afternoon. I just felt so overwhelmed, and honestly over the Christmas holidays I feel all I have done is clean and tidy constantly. I haven’t had any time to sit down for ten minutes and have a breather - any time I sit down TMe is crying at me for boobs.
I see so much online of people having lovely times playing board games, and family movies etc and I feel like absolute tit because I never do that with my kids because I literally don’t have a single second in the day to do it.
I feel like the maid in the house, I feel like I’m not actually living a life, I’m just supporting the rest of the family in living theirs.
I actually had to say to KW today “I am struggling here” as he is bleeping swanning about doing whatever, and I am juggling everything and all the kids. And then he gets in a mood with me about that, so that’s why I never ask him for help.
Feeling really bloody miserable, and hugely sorry for myself 🙈

Ahhh that’s good to know, thanks, as I know they’re very similar to the Nissan navarra! We were buying it in mamas and papas earlier and she did a check of our cars on the system and it said it wasn’t compatible and I’ve just checked the joie website too and it just says cannot be used in this car. But I really can’t see why so I’m tempted to just buy it anyway and worst case we can send it back!?
To be honest I’ve never even checked (apart from that one HBB and that was because I was checking if it could go in the back row!) if they are compatible with the car. I would imagine that it you wouldn’t be able to claim it on your insurance if it’s not specifically given as compatible, but if it is isofix and the car has an isofix point they are all as standard so surely can’t be an actual safety risk?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Get it out today not tomorrow 😂
Its new years day you wash people away 😂
Does this include folding and putting away your now clean and dry washing?I've 3 loads needing sorted.....was saving it as a treat for tomorrow morning when MrS is home and Baby S forgets all about me 🙈 :cry:

I hate to be a whinger on NYE, hardly party atmosphere, but I’ve had such a tit afternoon. I just felt so overwhelmed, and honestly over the Christmas holidays I feel all I have done is clean and tidy constantly. I haven’t had any time to sit down for ten minutes and have a breather - any time I sit down TMe is crying at me for boobs.
I see so much online of people having lovely times playing board games, and family movies etc and I feel like absolute tit because I never do that with my kids because I literally don’t have a single second in the day to do it.
I feel like the maid in the house, I feel like I’m not actually living a life, I’m just supporting the rest of the family in living theirs.
I actually had to say to KW today “I am struggling here” as he is bleeping swanning about doing whatever, and I am juggling everything and all the kids. And then he gets in a mood with me about that, so that’s why I never ask him for help.

To be honest I’ve never even checked (apart from that one HBB and that was because I was checking if it could go in the back row!) if they are compatible with the car. I would imagine that it you wouldn’t be able to claim it on your insurance if it’s not specifically given as compatible, but if it is isofix and the car has an isofix point they are all as standard so surely can’t be an actual safety risk?
I'm so sorry you're feeling like this, I was thinking the exact same about myself just a few hours ago.....I would love to swap roles with the KWs in our lives for a day, like properly where they actually have to juggle all the balls rather than just keep the kids alive and everything else goes to tit and then you get the pricks that tell them how good they are or how under the thumb they are for looking after their own offspring......it all really pisses me off that it's never a break for me/mums because we're the ones have to catch up on everything else when we get back.....can you tell it pisses me off?
😤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
My cousin had a 360 in a Navarra x

Does this include folding and putting away your now clean and dry washing?I've 3 loads needing sorted.....was saving it as a treat for tomorrow morning when MrS is home and Baby S forgets all about me 🙈 :cry:
It does!! It's 2nd of Jan 2023s issue now!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I wish there was something I could say to help, you always have the pearls of wisdom for all of us. Can you carve out an hour on weekends to do something for yourself (that isn’t errands as that’s what I usually end up doing during my me time 🤦🏻‍♀️)

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you for all of your lovely messages re: baby sailor ❤ We’ve had a really tit and worrying day today to be honest BUT I’ve just realised it’s his birthday in 11 days (having a jan birthday is actually a whole new ball game after the Christmas hype. I was not prepared) so I’m using the fact I’m feeling 100000% sorry for him to go overboard for presents he absolutely doesn’t need and won’t fit in my house. That’s a good excuse, right?!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.