New baby and post birth advice #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the support ladies, I'm going to contact the Dr on Monday for some help, I don't even know if it's PND or just a phase of being down 🙈 thank you guys again xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thanks for the support ladies, I'm going to contact the Dr on Monday for some help, I don't even know if it's PND or just a phase of being down 🙈 thank you guys again xx
Please keep talking, as someone said we may be faceless but we’re all here. Don’t bottle anything up, especially if you’re partner is working and you’ve not yet reached out to friends/family ❤

Reactions: 3
Thanks everyone, just feel like I'm drowning and that I'm an awful mum. My little boy (2 next week) has not taken well to being a big brother he used to be such a good sleeper now he's screaming at bedtime/nap time waking up at 4am (I get up at 3.30 to feed the baby) so then I'm up for the day I feel absolutely shattered and that I'm constantly telling him off, he sometimes tries to hit her aswel.

I feel like I can't get the baby into a routine because my boys routine is all over the place at the moment, my husband works shift work so I'm on my own most of the time feel like I've lost my identity it's so hard.

I don't think I'm over her birth either was the worst experience of my life, watching her being resusicated and not knowing if she was going to make it has really messed with my head.

Don't want to talk to friends/fam as I don't want to be the Debbie Downer.

Sorry for the long post just feel so alone. I've text the health visitor but she ignored me so I text the other one and she has also ignored me, I'm sure things will get better
You are not alone we are all here for you sorry to hear you feel this way I completely see how you would feel this was it sounds awfully traumatic. I thought I was depressed after as I kept thinking about my labour But after many conversations with my partner I feel so much better. I don’t know what the answer is but please talk to your doctor wish I could give you a hug. I feel I was not prepared for labour at all it was far worse than I imagined but also the gift it gave was worth it don’t suffer on your own xx

Edit just to say my step son was not interested and made me feel tit that his cousins were more interested but he’s come round hope your son does too it must be a lot for the first child to accept I think x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi all,
My baby just turned one month old. My husband and I really want to go and watch this new movie as going to the cinema is all we used to do. But we don’t want to leave our baby alone with my in laws because they are evil towards him. And non of my family live in the same country I do…. I just want some advice on if we can take him with us? If any one has done this before? Or do we just give up and wait for the movie to come out on the tv…

Reactions: 2
Hi all,
My baby just turned one month old. My husband and I really want to go and watch this new movie as going to the cinema is all we used to do. But we don’t want to leave our baby alone with my in laws because they are evil towards him. And non of my family live in the same country I do…. I just want some advice on if we can take him with us? If any one has done this before? Or do we just give up and wait for the movie to come out on the tv…
So I really want to watch James Bond but I also don’t want to leave my baby not because my parents wouldn’t have her but because I miss her so I’ve just decided to wait until it comes out on some other form of device I know that’s not much help but I did contemplate taking her but I don’t think that’s a thing x

Reactions: 1
Hi all,
Can you go during the day? If so, I’d go on ahead, pack some ear defenders maybe, and be aware you may have to miss out if he gets upset. Some cinemas have showings of films which are quieter specifically for this reason, you should check out what your local cinema has.

Some cinemas do parent and baby screenings of big films on weekday mornings so that might be an option if you can both get time off in the week?

• Wow
Some cinemas do parent and baby screenings of big films on weekday mornings so that might be an option if you can both get time off in the week?
I was going to say this. A few mums at baby groups have been to the cinema with their now very active babies and say it's really laid back

I was catching up on this thread last night, the posts about babies thrashing around/being really noisy in their sleep is really interesting - my baby does this and I’ve always thought she’s unsettled and not asleep!

Although last night after reading here she was doing the same thing. I was laying there telling my partner that she’s asleep and it’s normal etc until he interrupted me to say “Lulu she’s literally got her eyes open staring at us”. Had to admit defeat that time 😂

Whoever said about spending hours with half of their body in the next to me, I feel that too!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
How long after the injections were your babies unsettled for? If my baby is awake she’s very very upset until she falls asleep again.

• Heart
How long after the injections were your babies unsettled for? If my baby is awake she’s very very upset until she falls asleep again.
After the 8 week and 16 week ones it definitely took a number of days for him to settle down again, almost a week if i remember correctly!

• Wow
We had the 12 week ones on Tuesday and she's been terribly unsettled and upset. With the 8 week ones it only lasted 3/4 days though she had diarrhoea for a good week which didn't seem to bother her.

Hiya!

Been a wee lurker but I need to ask is anyone else experienced the '4 month fussies" with breastfeeding? He latches for a few mins then pulls off, back on, off, screams cause he's off the boob so I put him back on then screams when he's on cause he's trying to look at something so cover my boob back up but then he tries to latch then screams cause its covered up, oh my god just eat or don't eat😂 the only way to feed him at home is in the bedroom in the dark and it's still a struggle so it's made me loose confidence doing it in public. We were out having lunch yesterday and he fed 4 times for about 5 mins in the space of 2 hours cause he was fussing and didn't fancy sitting with my boobs out like I do at home! Hes 4 and a half months and this has been going on for a few weeks so hoping it's a phase that passes....missing the days I could sit and watch real housewives for hours while he fed and napped on me!

• Heart
After the 8 week and 16 week ones it definitely took a number of days for him to settle down again, almost a week if i remember correctly!

Eeek! Thanks. Poor babies!

10 minutes of feeding followed by half and hour of arching back, screaming and back rubs 😢

Last edited:
  • Heart
I was catching up on this thread last night, the posts about babies thrashing around/being really noisy in their sleep is really interesting - my baby does this and I’ve always thought she’s unsettled and not asleep!

Although last night after reading here she was doing the same thing. I was laying there telling my partner that she’s asleep and it’s normal etc until he interrupted me to say “Lulu she’s literally got her eyes open staring at us”. Had to admit defeat that time 😂

Whoever said about spending hours with half of their body in the next to me, I feel that too!
I try this before attending to her and she ALWAYS wakes up, so frustrating 🤣 I don’t want to swaddle her because she’s got to transition out of it at some point so why not just allow her to get used to her twitchy jerky body now!?

Hiya!

Been a wee lurker but I need to ask is anyone else experienced the '4 month fussies" with breastfeeding? He latches for a few mins then pulls off, back on, off, screams cause he's off the boob so I put him back on then screams when he's on cause he's trying to look at something so cover my boob back up but then he tries to latch then screams cause its covered up, oh my god just eat or don't eat😂 the only way to feed him at home is in the bedroom in the dark and it's still a struggle so it's made me loose confidence doing it in public. We were out having lunch yesterday and he fed 4 times for about 5 mins in the space of 2 hours cause he was fussing and didn't fancy sitting with my boobs out like I do at home! Hes 4 and a half months and this has been going on for a few weeks so hoping it's a phase that passes....missing the days I could sit and watch real housewives for hours while he fed and napped on me!
I’m experiencing this! He doesn’t scream but gets soooo distracted! It’s annoying at 4am when I just want to catch up on Eastenders on my laptop and he turns around, flails his whole body and starts smashing the keys on the keyboard. 😂 I just have to feed in darkness and silence on a night, and during the day hope he doesn’t catch on that I’m looking at my phone. I definitely have lost a bit of confidence too when it comes to feeding in public.

Hiya!

Hi 😊 yes this is definitely a “thing”! It’s really common around that age, they just get so interested in their surroundings that they get distracted easily. It’s soooooooo irritating 🤯🤯🤯 my son is shocking for it even now at almost 6 months. He’s the worst I’ve experienced (out of 4), and it’s infuriating!

Hiya!

We’re going through this too. Baby is 10 weeks and we’ve just spent a week away with my parents. I’m comfortable breastfeeding in public but spent the week hiding my nipples from my dad as baby keeps insisting on looking around when feeding, unlatching and spraying milk around 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 3
We’re going through this too. Baby is 10 weeks and we’ve just spent a week away with my parents. I’m comfortable breastfeeding in public but spent the week hiding my nipples from my dad as baby keeps insisting on looking around when feeding, unlatching and spraying milk around 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
Aw thanks guys, makes me feel a lot better! Also same to the spraying we are both covered in it so have to pick what I wear wisely. Went out the other day in a grey jumper - big mistake!

Wee monsters, hope it passes soon. I put a muslin over his head but don't like covering him up as its not like I'm ashamed and prob not very nice for him either!

Hi 😊 yes this is definitely a “thing”! It’s really common around that age, they just get so interested in their surroundings that they get distracted easily. It’s soooooooo irritating 🤯🤯🤯 my son is shocking for it even now at almost 6 months. He’s the worst I’ve experienced (out of 4), and it’s infuriating!
Ahaha infuriating is the word! Hes so strong so when I try to get him back on hes literally fighting me, it's a battle of stubbornness 😇😇😇

I’m experiencing this! He doesn’t scream but gets soooo distracted! It’s annoying at 4am when I just want to catch up on Eastenders on my laptop and he turns around, flails his whole body and starts smashing the keys on the keyboard. 😂 I just have to feed in darkness and silence on a night, and during the day hope he doesn’t catch on that I’m looking at my phone. I definitely have lost a bit of confidence too when it comes to feeding in public.
Ahaha wee monster! Selfishly glad it's not just me though. Side lying feeding during the day seems the be the most effective but not quite sure that's the most appropriate way to feed out and about....just lying in the middle of a restaurant 😝 I fed him in public yesterday and no one noticed but I'm conscious when he's making noise that will draw attention so popped a muslin over him but it didn't really help! I think nursing necklaces are meant to be good to keep them distracted but not a huge fan of how they look and it seems a bit like another unnecessary mum item

I was going to say this. A few mums at baby groups have been to the cinema with their now very active babies and say it's really laid back
The everyman cinema does baby club and its so good! You get cake or popcorn with the ticket and the seats are really comfy. It's usually pretty quiet but the James bond film viewing was so busy which meant the theatre basically smelt of baby 💩 for the whole film. I've never sniffed him so many times as I couldn't tell if it was him or not😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.