New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any stocking filler idea for a toddler?
We’ve got her some puppets, little interactive books, these toy padlock and key things, and some little cars.
And of course white chocolate coins 😂
Oh and boring things like bibs I got for £2 in Tesco and socks 😂

Reactions: 2
Allergy mums ... Does it get easier/less stressful??
Baby has had a couple of instances now where he's had a potential allergen and seemed fine only to have it again and react. We've been lucky that he's only reacting with hives and occasional vomiting so nothing too scary but I just hate the uncertainty of not really knowing what's safe and the guilt I get for accidentally poisoning my child 😔
So far, I'm finding it worse as he's getting older. As now we are eating out and about more, there are snacks at playgroups and things so his little pals are eating around him, and he's now mobile and actively interested in food. Like, I'd be watching him regardless as he can't be helping himself to food/snatching it from other kids etc. But having to be super vigilant and swoop down and stop him sharing things and deal with the sad little look on his face ain't it. And then you're wary of other kids who are eating/have food smeared on them. Cos not all parents are actually watching their kids and bother to give their hands/face a wipe when they're pure covered in food.
His allergy appts were crap too. He's not got an Allergy Plan for nursery and we're getting some labelled Piriton from the GP to send in. But the plan only mentions his nut allergy, and it's a nut free nursery so hopefully will never be exposed. For dairy we were helpfully told to google the dairy ladder and discharged. And his others aren't mentioned at all, soooo.

Sorry to be a downer x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Does anyone have any stocking filler idea for a toddler?
Baby runner is getting some bath toys (like rubber ducks), pom bears, some lift the flap books, some clothes

So far, I'm finding it worse as he's getting older. As now we are eating out and about more, there are snacks at playgroups and things so his little pals are eating around him, and he's now mobile and actively interested in food. Like, I'd be watching him regardless as he can't be helping himself to food/snatching it from other kids etc. But having to be super vigilant and swoop down and stop him sharing things and deal with the sad little look on his face ain't it. And then you're wary of other kids who are eating/have food smeared on them. Cos not all parents are actually watching their kids and bother to give their hands/face a wipe when they're pure covered in food.
His allergy appts were crap too. He's not got an Allergy Plan for nursery and we're getting some labelled Piriton from the GP to send in. But the plan only mentions his nut allergy, and it's a nut free nursery so hopefully will never be exposed. For dairy we were helpfully told to google the dairy ladder and discharged. And his others aren't mentioned at all, soooo.

Sorry to be a downer x
Oh gosh, i hadn’t got to this stage yet and id forgotten the sadness of taking your child to a birthday party, the parent wheeling out some enormous, ludicrously expensive creation, and then having to tell your child they can’t have any as it’s got milk in 😭 I used to leave with my eldest before it was cake time to avoid this…

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve got some little wooden figures for Baby L from Aldi for her stocking and a couple of cheap mini slinky things as she loves them.

Thanks for all the love on my hospital post. Spent the night in A and E. Got moved up to the ward about 11:30 yesterday. They are starting to wean her off oxygen so hopefully we’ll be home by tomorrow 🤞🏼
We gave Baby SodIt a set of the little Aldi for his birthday a couple of weeks ago, and he says hiya to them every time they’re out now 🥹

Fingers crossed for a swift recovery and going home soon 🤞🏽💕

• Heart
Hey, I have a random question!

Baby Neo was born 4lbs 11oz and was in size 0 nappies from Tesco. (Packet says 2lbs-5lbs weight wise)
She’s now 5lbs 8oz at 3 weeks old. The nappies have been rubbing on her legs slightly so I’ve tried size 1 but these swamp her and there’s a big gap round her legs. She’s also had some leakage when wearing them. (Packet says 4lbs-11lbs)

Should I stick with size 0 and just keep moisturising her legs? Or change to size 1 and deal with the spillages?
It’s hurting my brain.

Baby Neo was born 4lbs 11oz and was in size 0 nappies from Tesco. (Packet says 2lbs-5lbs weight wise)
She’s now 5lbs 8oz at 3 weeks old. The nappies have been rubbing on her legs slightly so I’ve tried size 1 but these swamp her and there’s a big gap round her legs. She’s also had some leakage when wearing them. (Packet says 4lbs-11lbs)

Should I stick with size 0 and just keep moisturising her legs? Or change to size 1 and deal with the spillages?
It’s hurting my brain.
Sometimes certain brands work better for different baby's body shapes than others, might be a case of experimenting which is a bit annoying!

Also go baby Neo on some excellent chunking up!

• Heart
Sometimes certain brands work better for different baby's body shapes than others, might be a case of experimenting which is a bit annoying!

Also go baby Neo on some excellent chunking up!
I thought this might be the answer! Luckily I’ve got a random array of nappies that we’ve been gifted so I’ll start working my way through them

thank you!

It’s hurting my brain.
Can you change nappy brands? As, with all my children, different nappies have worked. With my 6yo, he used to leak in sainsburys own but my 3yo was fine

Reactions: 1
Can you change nappy brands? As, with all my children, different nappies have worked. With my 6yo, he used to leak in sainsburys own but my 3yo was fine
If I’m honest until you and the other poster said try another brand that hadn’t occurred to me! I’ll give them a go x

• Heart

It’s hurting my brain.
Try a different brand they're all different shapes. Don't pay attention to the weights on them though they've never been accurate.

Just realised it's been answered several times 😂

I've always found aldi to be a bit more space on the legs where as sainsburys have more of a square shape than rectangle

• Heart
If I’m honest until you and the other poster said try another brand that hadn’t occurred to me! I’ll give them a go x
Honestly, it’s a minefield. With my 4th, he wasn’t drinking bottles as a newborn, taking ages, refluxy, and it wasn’t until speaking to my SIL and her saying my greatniece was the same and they changed bottles, it all of a sudden clicked that he’s exactly like his 3 yo brother was as a newborn and I had missed it for a few weeks 🫠

• Heart
Here you find me on the floor having finally measured for a new bra since pregnancy (keep flashing folk which would be OK if it was purposeful and desired, but a massive floppy tit to the face unwarranted doesn't really fly in my line of work :ROFLMAO:) only to discover I've gone up 5 bleeping cup sizes and my tits weigh a collective 11lb/5kg. duck my life. Why can't I be one of those cute girls with dainty, aesthetic tits that suit pretty bralettes instead of a fat flobber who could knock an MMA fighter out with a swift turn in the wrong direction!?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Here you find me on the floor having finally measured for a new bra since pregnancy (keep flashing folk which would be OK if it was purposeful and desired, but a massive floppy tit to the face unwarranted doesn't really fly in my line of work :ROFLMAO:) only to discover I've gone up 5 bleeping cup sizes and my tits weigh a collective 11lb/5kg. duck my life. Why can't I be one of those cute girls with dainty, aesthetic tits that suit pretty bralettes instead of a fat flobber who could knock an MMA fighter out with a swift turn in the wrong direction!?

Get them bad boys on OF😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7

I feel you! I got measured the other day and I'd been wearing a 38G turns out I need a 38JJ 😑😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
On a positive, totes gonna tell people I weigh a stone less than I do now and if they question me I'll just blame the useless tits (the flesh version not the KWs, although they may aswell be blamed for everything anyway)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
On a positive, totes gonna tell people I weigh a stone less than I do now and if they question me I'll just blame the useless tits (the flesh version not the KWs, although they may aswell be blamed for everything anyway)
I need to know how you know what your boobs weigh! I feel the need to weigh mine now 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.