New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here you find me on the floor having finally measured for a new bra since pregnancy (keep flashing folk which would be OK if it was purposeful and desired, but a massive floppy tit to the face unwarranted doesn't really fly in my line of work :ROFLMAO:) only to discover I've gone up 5 bleeping cup sizes and my tits weigh a collective 11lb/5kg. duck my life. Why can't I be one of those cute girls with dainty, aesthetic tits that suit pretty bralettes instead of a fat flobber who could knock an MMA fighter out with a swift turn in the wrong direction!?

So what you’re saying is you’re smuggling Phil and Grant Mitchell round on a daily basis?

Only bald men I could think of soz

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Potentially stupid question about brushing teeth? Baby has 2 teeth just starting to come through now. It says online to start brushing twice a day as soon as this happens… morning is fine but how / when do you do at night? Obviously ideal to do it last thing before sleep but she still has her last bottle and falls asleep in my arms before I transfer her to the cot? Also any tips on how to brush a 6 months old teeth welcomed 😂 x

Reactions: 1
I’ve had Ms Rachel on loop all day. Save me
I really really hate the person with snakebite piercings and the beanie hat. I don’t know what it is but they’re so creepy and I hate their voice and that song about their stuffy 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Potentially stupid question about brushing teeth? Baby has 2 teeth just starting to come through now. It says online to start brushing twice a day as soon as this happens… morning is fine but how / when do you do at night? Obviously ideal to do it last thing before sleep but she still has her last bottle and falls asleep in my arms before I transfer her to the cot? Also any tips on how to brush a 6 months old teeth welcomed 😂 x
Just do it as part of the bath/bed routine. I think it’s way more important to just get them used to brushing at that age and I would quite often forget to do it anyway. Speaking from the mother of a toddler who doesn’t let me near him with a toothbrush so I have to hope the chewing he does of the toothbrush is enough

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just do it as part of the bath/bed routine. I think it’s way more important to just get them used to brushing at that age and I would quite often forget to do it anyway. Speaking from the mother of a toddler who doesn’t let me near him with a toothbrush so I have to hope the chewing he does of the toothbrush is enough
That’s what I was hoping was okay 🥰 will give it a go in the morning, thanks!

• Heart
I forget constantly tbh. It's more about getting them used to brushing.

But when we do do them (although when I do remember, it's usually once a day 😂) it's usually after dinner. With the other kids I'd do it before I get them out the highchair. And if I remember, the same with breakfast, before I get them out the highchair.

• Heart
I really really hate the person with snakebite piercings and the beanie hat. I don’t know what it is but they’re so creepy and I hate their voice and that song about their stuffy 🤢
Think I said before mr Waka hates them 😂 he gets so irate when they’re on hahah

We do it before bed, which is before his boobies as well. One of the most important things in the early years is just getting the toothpaste, the fluoride really, on the teeth. Make sure you’ve chosen a good toothpaste which has around 1450ppm fluoride 👍🏻

• Heart
We do it before bed, which is before his boobies as well. One of the most important things in the early years is just getting the toothpaste, the fluoride really, on the teeth. Make sure you’ve chosen a good toothpaste which has around 1450ppm fluoride 👍🏻
Thankyou, I’ve got one that the health visitor gave me on one of my trips, I’ll check the label tomorrow x

So what you’re saying is you’re smuggling Phil and Grant Mitchell round on a daily basis?

Only bald men I could think of soz
Right said Fred 😂😂

Sameeee! And she’s playing guitar in the main frame and dancing in a little box at the top. dislike her 😂

Ok, this will sound awful, but I’m terrible at brushing teeth until they get to about 3 🫠 I do brush them sometimes, but other times I’m like ‘meh’ I really trying to make an effort more with 3yo, but I’m always bloody rushing out the door, I don’t always have time

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Right said Fred 😂😂

Sameeee! And she’s playing guitar in the main frame and dancing in a little box at the top. dislike her 😂

Ok, this will sound awful, but I’m terrible at brushing teeth until they get to about 3 🫠 I do brush them sometimes, but other times I’m like ‘meh’ I really trying to make an effort more with 3yo, but I’m always bloody rushing out the door, I don’t always have time
We too are terrible for brushing crazy cats teeth.
She HATES it, so I give her the brush to chew for a bit.
at night we do it in the bath. We give her it first to chew then put tooth paste on and hold her still 😂 probably causing more problems doing it that way, but at least they’re done and my theory is she’ll get used to it. 🙈🙈🙈

We too are terrible for brushing crazy cats teeth.
She HATES it, so I give her the brush to chew for a bit.
at night we do it in the bath. We give her it first to chew then put tooth paste on and hold her still 😂 probably causing more problems doing it that way, but at least they’re done and my theory is she’ll get used to it. 🙈🙈🙈
This is how I start introducing teeth brushing, but where I’m always running about, I bring the toothbrush down in the mornings and forget to take it up at night. He doesn’t mind his teeth being brushed, it’s just us 😭

• Heart
I brush their teeth after dinner and in the morning after breakfast. As they also fall asleep after their bed bottle 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Ahhh you guys are my people! I try and be good but I defo only manage it once a day if that 😬

Also breast feeding mamas, are you genuinely doing the vit D drops? The HV asked me this week at the 1 year appt and I was like oooohhh yes, definitely doing that more than once a month when I remember 😬👀

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Ahhh you guys are my people! I try and be good but I defo only manage it once a day if that 😬

Also breast feeding mamas, are you genuinely doing the vit D drops? The HV asked me this week at the 1 year appt and I was like oooohhh yes, definitely doing that more than once a month when I remember 😬👀
Yer, I’ve never given vitamin d drops. I’ve bought the older kids vitamins loads of times. We are good for a week, and shock!! I forget 🫠

I religious with the teeth brushing and vitamin drops, am I still welcome 🫣
(Worries about the state of dentistry in this country - we have managed to get the baby an NHS place, but at Mr SI’s dentist and he’s crap at scheduling - and food allergy deficiency concerns).

I spent a load on his vitamins at first, but we use the healthy start NHS ones that they have to be a little older for now. In England (not sure about rest of UK) they’re free for every family that meets eligibility criteria (benefits related) up to age 5, but some areas go beyond this. I live in a struggling northern town where perks are few and far between, but one is that they are funded for every single family round here 🎉 so I just collect from the children’s centre when we go to baby play.

I do but only because my vitamin D levels go ridiculously low so I’ve got into the rhythm of them because I know how awful I feel other wise. If it was just for E, the chances are high shed be in the once a month crew

Yes absolutely 👀👀👀

I haven’t ever taken any. I know that’s really bad to admit, but I just never remember. I also don’t give any to ToddlerMe (or any of my babies or kids) as again, I never remember. When they are all bandy legged from rickets, Snoop will be shoving a print out of this message under social services noses 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Yes absolutely 👀👀👀

I haven’t ever taken any. I know that’s really bad to admit, but I just never remember. I also don’t give any to ToddlerMe (or any of my babies or kids) as again, I never remember. When they are all bandy legged from rickets, Snoop will be shoving a print out of this message under social services noses 😬
I nearly said ‘it’s okay he went to Greece for two weeks recently’ before realising that probably wasn’t a valid argument 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I religious with the teeth brushing and vitamin drops, am I still welcome 🫣
(Worries about the state of dentistry in this country - we have managed to get the baby an NHS place, but at Mr SI’s dentist and he’s crap at scheduling - and food allergy deficiency concerns).

I spent a load on his vitamins at first, but we use the healthy start NHS ones that they have to be a little older for now. In England (not sure about rest of UK) they’re free for every family that meets eligibility criteria (benefits related) up to age 5, but some areas go beyond this. I live in a struggling northern town where perks are few and far between, but one is that they are funded for every single family round here 🎉 so I just collect from the children’s centre when we go to baby play.
The one thing I do do, is make sure all my kids got to the dentist from 18 months/2 years, and we all (apart from Mr B) go every 6 months. I know I’m chilled about teeth brushing, but I honestly panic and worry about losing teeth. I’ve only had teeth removed for braces, and have only had a couple of fillings (in the same tooth) My dad suffers with gum disease, and the front bottom teeth have been fake for, I think, as long as I’ve been alive, and I don’t want that for me and these kids!

I’ve just realised you asked breast feeding mums, and I jumped in, even though I’ve never breastfed 😂😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.