New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What issue are you guys experiencing? Frequent wakings? Is that new or ongoing? Could it be a short term problem like teething?
I do all bedtimes and night wakings until approx 2.5yo, even when they wean from feeding around 2. For us, when decide i am done feeding to sleep then it takes a few nights to get the new routine to be accepted, and you have to be very strict with yourself about not giving in. But it’s usually just a few nights of not very much fun, then it’s done x
Frequent wakings again but he just won’t settle for anyone but me not even his dad, I don’t know if it’s a separation thing as well? He is teething his top teeth are coming through so that could be a part.
My OH is also pushing for me to stop feeding when he turns 1 which is something I was planning anyway but obviously it’s not a situation like you’re 1 now you’re done! And I don’t think he gets that. How difficult it could be makes me nervous to start day or night weaning

Thank you ladies for the responses he’s only 8 months so I can’t replace a feed with cows milk just yet but we’re just going to have to keep trying. Our neighbour has said to my OH last week they can hear the baby crying through the walls now (yay for new builds) so I’m paranoid about letting him cry at all now so if I’m not here and he’s distraught like that it makes me more nervous it’s waking their kids and bothering them so now I’m jumping in and feeding straight away just to stop him crying

sorry this is such a long moan! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Frequent wakings again but he just won’t settle for anyone but me not even his dad, I don’t know if it’s a separation thing as well? He is teething his top teeth are coming through so that could be a part.
My OH is also pushing for me to stop feeding when he turns 1 which is something I was planning anyway but obviously it’s not a situation like you’re 1 now you’re done! And I don’t think he gets that. How difficult it could be makes me nervous to start day or night weaning

Thank you ladies for the responses he’s only 8 months so I can’t replace a feed with cows milk just yet but we’re just going to have to keep trying. Our neighbour has said to my OH last week they can hear the baby crying through the walls now (yay for new builds) so I’m paranoid about letting him cry at all now so if I’m not here and he’s distraught like that it makes me more nervous it’s waking their kids and bothering them so now I’m jumping in and feeding straight away just to stop him crying

I think 8/9 months is a usual age for them to get a touch of separation anxiety. The only advice I can give, which is actually useless, is that everything does improve with time. So many things I thought would never get better but looking back I can’t even pinpoint when they did, just that they did.

Also we had agreed that I would stop feeding when she turned 1, partly because my partner I think struggled with feeling a bit obsolete, and I wanted more help with nights etc, but actually as she started to do more their bond grew anyway and he actually never mentioned it again haha and I kept going for an easy life tbh. I’d rather wake and feed her in the night than deal with the crying so hoping she kinda self weans before I have to do that 🤣

Reactions: 6

If his wee mouth is sore then the feeding really helps them out with that. The sucking itself helps relieve the pain, plus the normal comfort they associate with feeding.
Just take one day at a time. Don’t think about weaning in a few months, just think about tomorrow and how you’ll navigate that, because in 4 months things will be different again. X

Reactions: 4
Night times are hell at the moment. Breastfeeding mums is it always you that does bedtime and do you feed everytime? We tried to get my other half to do bedtime tonight with a bottle and baby was having none of it he just screamed until I came to feed him but he’s since woke up twice already since 7 crying and wanting to feed.
I want to start the process of night weaning and have him get used to others doing naps and bedtime but it seems like it’ll be an impossible task
I mean Baby SodIt still doesn’t ‘go to bed’, he’s either nursed to sleep in my arms if I want to stay up for a bit (most common as he usually wants to sleep around 7pm) or upstairs in my bed. He somehow knows if you cross the threshold to his room, he’s impossible to put down, if you remotely lower him he wakes up and cries no matter how deep the sleep 🙃
A joke really as he’s one ffs. I feel so envious when I hear people saying they do X after the baby’s gone to bed, it’s never been an option as he won’t stay asleep without me. If I feed him on the bed my husband can sometimes swap places with me, but if the baby wakes up and it’s not me, he loses his tit.

When I’d finally got him nursing I still used to express enough for my husband to do 3x bedtime bottles a week. But that faded away as even with paced feeding he was putting away 150-160ml and then crying for me anyway to top him off 🙃 so it was never a break.

So no solutions here I’m afraid, but solidarity xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m waiting for the baby to fall asleep so I can finally zonk out and my bedroom sounds like a full on farm. Why do they make these noises 😂

has anyone ever dream Fed? What are peoples thoughts on it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I’m waiting for the baby to fall asleep so I can finally zonk out and my bedroom sounds like a full on farm. Why do they make these noises 😂

has anyone even dream Fed? What are peoples thoughts on it?
We dream fed, used to do it around 11pm and we'd get to 6/7am 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Guys I think we have rsv today is the most orange had ever cried in her life crying fever shivering clinging snotty coughing fast breathing I don’t want to go to sleep because I’m worried she’s asleep on my head in the bed but her breathing is so fast x

• Heart
When did you start doing it? And when did it start working? 😘
We started from memory probably around 4 & a half months, so they'd of been coming up to 3 months corrected. It worked pretty much straight away they were ready for those longer stretches

Guys I think we have rsv today is the most orange had ever cried in her life crying fever shivering clinging snotty coughing fast breathing I don’t want to go to sleep because I’m worried she’s asleep on my head in the bed but her breathing is so fast x
Please please go and get her checked out x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
We started from memory probably around 4 & a half months, so they'd of been coming up to 3 months corrected. It worked pretty much straight away they were ready for those longer stretches

Please please go and get her checked out x
I’ve read they don’t give anything for it I’ve given calpol and nurofen she’s eating and drinking but I am just worried about her 😭😭

I’ve read they don’t give anything for it I’ve given calpol and nurofen she’s eating and drinking but I am just worried about her 😭😭
They do, if shes struggling with her breathing they will give her oxygen or a nebuliser. Is she pulling in around her throat or her ribs/tummy?
Honestly, RSV is horrible, even if they don't do anything for her, it will give you some peace of mind

Worked a charm with my first , did it from around 10pm and would get us to 6…

This time round still waiting for it to work, potentially too young as we feed at 10 if he doesn’t wake up earlier and is sleeping till 4.30 some nights

Does anyone have any tips for getting a baby to poop, it’s only been two days but I think he has trapped wind as he is struggling with Bfeeding and bottles only having 80ml at a time… I’ve tried tummy massage, warm bath, bicycle legs but he keeps making them go straight, tummy time…. He seems so uncomfortable!

If she’s breathing fast I would echo @I’mThankyou_ and get her seen. We’re in hospital with RSV that has become bronchiolitis at the minute and she started with fast breathing then really deteriorated fast. Hopefully she’ll be fine but they can check her oxygen levels to give you peace of mind and give oxygen/nebulisers if needed x

Reactions: 5

I did with my eldest and it worked really well, I can't remember exactly when we started, around 3-4 months I think and I'd feed at about 10pm and that would usually mean she'd sleep until at least 4 am if not all the way through.

I would do it with this guy but he wakes up every couple of hours anyway so there's no point haha.

Also between his crap sleep and the 3yo also sleeping terribly currently neither me or my husband are getting much sleep and it's getting very unpretty in this house, tomorrow will be another grumpy day as the 3yo has had my husband up loads 😔

• Heart
@sodit a lot of evenings I still have to stay with TMe, and he is almost 20 months 😬 I sometimes get an hour but that’s about it. So know how you are feeling xx

I didn’t get 6 hours sleep again last night. Don’t think I even got 6 minutes…

• Sad
  • Heart
Baby O woke up at 3am crying, then as I was comforting her she threw up a load of mucus/phlegm stuff on me and then immediately fell asleep again. She's got no temperature or anything this morning but she's super chesty and her ear has been leaking again so I'm on hold to the GP for the third time in a month 🙃

It just feels bloody relentless at the minute.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Baby O woke up at 3am crying, then as I was comforting her she threw up a load of mucus/phlegm stuff on me and then immediately fell asleep again. She's got no temperature or anything this morning but she's super chesty and her ear has been leaking again so I'm on hold to the GP for the third time in a month 🙃

It just feels bloody relentless at the minute.
The first winter just feels like you live at the drs! As they get older it doesn't get as sicky! Xx

Reactions: 3
Not baby related really just a rant 😂
It's bad enough having to get up at 4.30 every single morning with Everleigh but I'm so fed up of constantly peeing 😑

9 times I got up the night before just to pee. Then Everleigh woke up 4 times. So yesterday my partner said to go back up for an hour after the school run. I was in bed for an hour and a half and 3 times I had to get up to pee. And was then desperate when I woke up.
Was only 5 times last night which is a good night for me but ugh 😑 literally wake up desperate every single time.
Really annoying me now!
During the day I only go a few times so not like it's constant. Literally only at night.

• Heart
Not baby related really just a rant 😂
It's bad enough having to get up at 4.30 every single morning with Everleigh but I'm so fed up of constantly peeing 😑

9 times I got up the night before just to pee. Then Everleigh woke up 4 times. So yesterday my partner said to go back up for an hour after the school run. I was in bed for an hour and a half and 3 times I had to get up to pee. And was then desperate when I woke up.
Was only 5 times last night which is a good night for me but ugh 😑 literally wake up desperate every single time.
Really annoying me now!
During the day I only go a few times so not like it's constant. Literally only at night.
It sounds silly, but are you fully emptying your bladder when you go? Next time you go, tip yourself slightly forward, if there's any left over wee in your bladder it should come out with the pressure of you leaning forward slightly
Also are you drinking more in the evenings before you go to bed and your body settles down?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.