New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Little crazy cat was awake 3 til almost 5 🙄 our alarm goes off at 5.45 for work 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼 I had a feeling she’d wake as she wasn’t feeling too well yesterday. It’s like the whole wake window starts again and they just won’t go to sleep.
she’s in for a rude awakening when I’ve got to go wake her up to take her to my mums shortly 😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hey guys! So baby boy is 4 weeks old almost! He’s giving me the fear of god… I literally stood and rocked and bounced him for an hour tonight to try and get him to sleep and he wouldn’t so I put him in his next ti me and the only way he wants to settle/sleep is with his face pressed against the side of the next to me. Not the mesh part the fabric part but if I move him he wakes and screams I honestly dunno what I’m meant to do he’s not happy till he’s in that position he squirms and moans till he gets it😰

Also there’s now no point in me going to sleep cause he’ll be wanting a feed anytime. No one tells you how exhausting this is
Don't worry too much. The fabric is made breathable for this exact reason 😊
It all has to be breathable material for it to be classed as safe to sleep in😊

Reactions: 3
I don’t think I’ve slept at all, baby rose coughed all night long but is now happy as anything so no idea whether to take her to nursery or not. My tonsils are so swollen I could cry.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm in the no sleep crew too 🙃 think she is coming down with a cold cos she just wanted boob all night 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Sending love to sleep deprived mamas, especially those juggling twins ❤

I’ve come down with a cold overnight, my nose is blocked, my throat feels swollen and I think my glands are puffy. The house is a tit tip, baby o is whiny af and I’m just feeling burned out and irritable

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
These babies are all in sync I swear! Arnie had another crap night. But then again what's new 🤔

In other news, I always see all over social media how much siblings are so close etc then I look at my eldest and the 3yo and think what went wrong 🤣
I woke up this morning to my eldest saying to the toddler "even the ugliest person in the world is cuter than you" big love guys, big love ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 12
So Twin 2 seems to settle much better on our mattress. Obviously it's nice and soft.
When we bought the two cots and mattresses we bought the cheapest mattresses that went with them at smyths, obviously because there's two of them.
So have I just spent £90 on a foam cot mattress at smyths hoping it helps her sleep. Of course I have.
I can't have her in my bed, she's the baby I have nightmares over she's the reason I didn't sleep for the first 8 months, so her being in our bed really makes me worse.
Will it work? Doubt full. Am I skint? Of course its the 9yos birthday in 2 weeks.
Will I get any sleep, probably not 😂😂
I'm so tired my head hurts and I've just got two tiny humans wailing at me😴

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So Twin 2 seems to settle much better on our mattress. Obviously it's nice and soft.
When we bought the two cots and mattresses we bought the cheapest mattresses that went with them at smyths, obviously because there's two of them.
So have I just spent £90 on a foam cot mattress at smyths hoping it helps her sleep. Of course I have.
I can't have her in my bed, she's the baby I have nightmares over she's the reason I didn't sleep for the first 8 months, so her being in our bed really makes me worse.
Will it work? Doubt full. Am I skint? Of course its the 9yos birthday in 2 weeks.
Will I get any sleep, probably not 😂😂
I'm so tired my head hurts and I've just got two tiny humans wailing at me😴
That’s not a bad idea actually! We got a fairly cheap mattress and she’s way more comfy on ours so I think changing the mattress is a great shout! Plus if you end up sleeping in her cot at least you’ll have a comfy mattress in there!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
That’s not a bad idea actually! We got a fairly cheap mattress and she’s way more comfy on ours so I think changing the mattress is a great shout! Plus if you end up sleeping in her cot at least you’ll have a comfy mattress in there!
That's actually a brilliant idea! Just got myself a new bed haven't I 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
This isn't really specifically baby related but wondered if you helpful mums have any advice please.
I'm verging on leaving my partner because I'm just so unhappy. I've walked out 3 times in the last couple of weeks alone because it's just been too much for me.

It's really hard to say why I feel like this as on the face of it all the reasons I give for why I'm unhappy are minor. But I think I'm at the point of having so much built up anger and resentment towards him that I can't see a way through. Every time we get to this breaking point he says we need to try harder, but I don't know what we are supposed to do.

I think a lot of it has to do with the "mental load" of having to be the primary carer for the baby (and dog) and running the household. But some of the bigger "chores" like cooking and laundry I actually somewhat enjoy doing as it gives me headspace. Also I'm a total perfectionist so I really struggle when things aren't done the way I would do them (I realise this is my problem not something he is doing wrong).

The resentment partly comes from how much I feel I have given up for us. I sold my house last year and moved into his, in a fairly rural location and into a house that needed a fair bit of work doing to it. I moved here on the promise that the work would get done and we'd find somewhere together. It took over a year to get the work finished and then I still had to push him to get the house on the market. Now the house is sold and we are struggling to find somewhere to move to (not helped by interfering in-laws). So we face having to rent somewhere and moving house twice, which scares the life out of me. With how our relationship is I'm really hesitant to go through with all this and feel like it would be easier to have a clean break now and I can find another home for me and baby.

This obviously isn't an easy option as it's me that has to start again with a house etc, but I just don't know what else to do. I think the only reason he wants us to keep trying is so we are a family for our baby but I don't think it's fair to sacrifice my happiness for that, or maybe I'm just being selfish.

Sorry for all the waffle. I guess I'm just asking if anyone has any advice for getting over anger and resentment with a partner?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This isn't really specifically baby related but wondered if you helpful mums have any advice please.
I'm verging on leaving my partner because I'm just so unhappy. I've walked out 3 times in the last couple of weeks alone because it's just been too much for me.

It's really hard to say why I feel like this as on the face of it all the reasons I give for why I'm unhappy are minor. But I think I'm at the point of having so much built up anger and resentment towards him that I can't see a way through. Every time we get to this breaking point he says we need to try harder, but I don't know what we are supposed to do.

I think a lot of it has to do with the "mental load" of having to be the primary carer for the baby (and dog) and running the household. But some of the bigger "chores" like cooking and laundry I actually somewhat enjoy doing as it gives me headspace. Also I'm a total perfectionist so I really struggle when things aren't done the way I would do them (I realise this is my problem not something he is doing wrong).

The resentment partly comes from how much I feel I have given up for us. I sold my house last year and moved into his, in a fairly rural location and into a house that needed a fair bit of work doing to it. I moved here on the promise that the work would get done and we'd find somewhere together. It took over a year to get the work finished and then I still had to push him to get the house on the market. Now the house is sold and we are struggling to find somewhere to move to (not helped by interfering in-laws). So we face having to rent somewhere and moving house twice, which scares the life out of me. With how our relationship is I'm really hesitant to go through with all this and feel like it would be easier to have a clean break now and I can find another home for me and baby.

This obviously isn't an easy option as it's me that has to start again with a house etc, but I just don't know what else to do. I think the only reason he wants us to keep trying is so we are a family for our baby but I don't think it's fair to sacrifice my happiness for that, or maybe I'm just being selfish.

Sorry for all the waffle. I guess I'm just asking if anyone has any advice for getting over anger and resentment with a partner?
I don't have much advice but trying for the baby rarely works and you are not being selfish.
My Mum was unhappy for most of our childhood and we could tell she was miserable.
Even though she thought she was hiding it.
A child will benefit more from 2 separated happy parents than 2 parents unhappy and together.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sorry… I have questions…
what kind of special reinforced cots are you sleeping in? Are you all professional contortionists? I’m 5ft 6 and a size 16-18 and I feel like her cot would crumble underneath me, and that’s after I’ve tied myself up like a pretzel to fit in it 😂🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Sorry to hear so many of you are having bad times 😩 why do these babies torture us. Another bad night here, we dropped down to 1 or 2 night feeds for a couple of nights last week which felt like heaven, but now we are back to 3 or 4 a night again :sleep: I have no idea how I’m going to function when I go back to work in the new year.

not baby related, so apologies for the rant, but I’m just so done with this year. It’s been the happiest year of my life because of baby T, but also the worst with my mum being diagnosed with cancer, us losing the house we were buying, and Mr T losing his job. My mum had her second lot of surgery recently and it all went well, I shouldn’t have got my hopes up but the surgeon said they should just be able to do a week of radiotherapy which was great news, but she saw the oncologist team this week and she needs to have months of chemo because the results from the tests show it’s worse than originally thought. I’ve mentioned before that her health is already pretty bad, so I’m really worried about the effect chemo will have on her. They want to start it ASAP too so it’s going to be before Christmas. I’m so scared of losing her and her not being able to see baby T grow up, it’s just all really tit. I know it can’t be helped, but I’m so angry about the timing of it all and I won’t get to do this time again with baby T, I try my best to let it not affect me as a mum, but I can’t help but wonder how much of a better mum I could have been without all of this bad news.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Sorry… I have questions…
what kind of special reinforced cots are you sleeping in? Are you all professional contortionists? I’m 5ft 6 and a size 16-18 and I feel like her cot would crumble underneath me, and that’s after I’ve tied myself up like a pretzel to fit in it 😂🙈
My second broke her own cot when she was 2 by jumping 😂
So there's no chance, even if I was slim, that I'd be climbing in one 😂
Everleighs creeks as it is when I lean over it to put her in. And that's just my boobs flopped over the bars 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Sorry… I have questions…
Hahaha, I stand on the armchair next to the cot, clamber in, curl up, and cuddle up to her whilst getting hit in the face. I’m not entirely sure why I get in sometimes rather than bringing her to me??? 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ Sleep deprivation decisions I guess
(Also I should add I have an entire under cot storage box full of clothes which reinforces the bottom of the cot 🤣🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Baby elf wakes himself up at 4 with a massive 💩 for the second day in row. After waking a million times in the night. 5yo was also up twice.

KW who didn't move for any of this has announced he is so tired he might have to take the day off to catch up on the sleep...🥴
The audacity...how do I get hold of one of these days off to sleep!?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.