New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did I just beg mc Donald’s for extra pickles?
yes I did! 😂😂😂
Am I going to keep mini Waka away from us while eating by giving her her own fries? Also yes 🤣

If by tonight you mean before midnight, yeah I’d say about 11:59 🤣
The "a box of extra pickles is also fine" made me laugh 😂
___
So I learned today that you can and should pre heat your air fryer.
Please tell me why I've been treating it like a microwave and thought if I turn it on with nothing in, it'll explode? 😂
I even have a little panic if I push the basket back in after emptying it and it starts up again 😂

But also... Is that actually a thing with an empty microwave?
I've just realised, I've never looked it up. I've just took whoever told me's word for it

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
First porridge, now pickles. Who are you people obsessed with questionable “p” foods??
It is 7Me’s birthday today, and when we asked last week what he would like for his birthday breakfast he chose porridge. He absolutely adores it. Wee bit of honey and fruit and he is in heaven

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
It is 7Me’s birthday today, and when we asked last week what he would like for his birthday breakfast he chose porridge. He absolutely adores it. Wee bit of honey and fruit and he is in heaven
Firstly, that is adorable. But secondly, has the boy never had pancakes?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The 7yos I Nanny for are into anything crafty/glittery/anything that makes a mess 😂 but I’ve found that actually small Lego sets go down an absolute treat with this age group and you can get so many lovely little creative ones xx
Craft kits, a cookbook and some baking supplies, some books, Lego ( the Dots range is really cool and fairly affordable, there are lots of BrickHeadz animal sets and 3-in-1 animal/vehicle sets that are incredible), and capital/big city postcards that are amazing too. The Friends ( not the TV show, but the Lego line with a group of friends) sets are lovely too. Hair/nail stuff ( accessories) is good too, as is jewellery. Some nicer art supplies, a notebook/diary and a fountain pen in a favourite colour.
I nanny as well, and these are my go-to ideas. I like to choose a theme or two ( favourite animal, colour and areas of interest) so the nearly 11 year old I used to look after is going to get some blue stationery, the Harry Potter cook book and the craft/sewing one, some baking supplies, some sort of licensed merch like socks, scarf etc in House colours anda related book ( there are House Pride ones that look cool). I may add some Harry Potter sweets to it and will make her a card that is a picture of her in her Gryffindor robes, doing Potions, captioned « Have a magical birthday ».
It is so much fun to put gifts like that together!

When baby was coming out of hospital, an incident happened with her dad that lead to social services being involved and a social worker rang me. Haven’t heard too much from them since. I don’t even know what happened in the hospital either, he wouldn’t be honest and tell the truth, he just told me he was going to kill himself because he had no rights over his daughter because him and his family wanted to bring her home without me knowing

This is what I’m worried about. I don’t want to stop him seeing her at all but he won’t listen to me when I say anything. He’s very clever in that he says most stuff to me in person. Like he said she’s too heavy to hold her while feeding her so props her up and “she makes it difficult for him” to burp her. Doesn’t feed her on time. He has said she cries herself to sleep and that’s why she misses her bottle time. Her bum is always coming back red, and if her feed is before 3 her clothes come back smelling of being in the dryer or if it’s after 3/4 she smells of sick and occasionally poo. She’s usually a smiley happy little girl but when she comes back she’s not, she’s not herself for a few days. I just don’t know if it’s all enough to document as a welfare concern and I’m afraid they’ll say im just attacking him which im not. My priority is my baby, she was 8 weeks early she’s had it tough enough already without it being worse
Can you take pictures/videos of her when she comes back from her dad’s? Or have someone witness the handover so they can see what state she’s in?

Unsure if it’s my fever talking and I’m delirious (and also way dramatic) but I’ve decided to make a busyboard for baby for Christmas with 15 different elements 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
6pm nap update: he went to sleep more easily than most evenings and hasn't woken up yet.... Do I need to visit a winter lights trail every night forever now?? Or get him to nap immediately after dinner every night? Or move bedtime to 6pm??

Or just not question it and enjoy my slightly more peaceful evening 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Firstly, that is adorable. But secondly, has the boy never had pancakes?!?
He does enjoy a pancake, and that’s usually what they choose for birthday breakfasts, but he is a man of simple pleasures. He would honestly eat a cheese sandwich every day for lunch if I didn’t force him to eat other things 🤣 he just enjoys the simple life!

Reactions: 3
He does enjoy a pancake, and that’s usually what they choose for birthday breakfasts, but he is a man of simple pleasures. He would honestly eat a cheese sandwich every day for lunch if I didn’t force him to eat other things 🤣 he just enjoys the simple life!
Maybe we should all be more 7Me, there’s a lot to be said for a simple life 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
2-0 thoughhhh 👀🤣
Hi can you not. This is a very sore subject for me right now xx

6pm nap update: he went to sleep more easily than most evenings and hasn't woken up yet.... Do I need to visit a winter lights trail every night forever now?? Or get him to nap immediately after dinner every night? Or move bedtime to 6pm??

I now put baby B down for bed about 1.5/2 hours after his last nap and he tends to stay down for longer than he used to when I’d try to keep him awake to stick to wake windows online being 4 hours between last nap and bedtime.
Could be something in it for these March boys!

• Haha
Reactions: 6

We went to one last weekend and she slept like a log after for like 12 solid hours 😂 I think sensory overload wore her out!

Reactions: 1
We went to one last weekend and she slept like a log after for like 12 solid hours 😂 I think sensory overload wore her out!
Oh man, I'd take like 4 hours! I was hoping it would be a bit like baby sensory on acid for him, and I think once he was in the sling and not the buggy he did really enjoy it.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
People "What shall we get Tommy for christmas?"

Me in my head knowing full well all he cares about is Toy Story, Milkyways or wooden spoons

Me out loud "Oh anything I'm sure he will love it!"

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
You mean to tell me you haven’t asked his nearest and dearest to expand his axe collection? You’ve missed a trick there 🪓

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.