New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those with older children what could I buy a 7ish year old girl that isn’t too expensive? We’re looking at buying our neighbours little Christmas presents as they bought us really helpful bulk items when baby was born, we get on well but aren’t super close to them. I know what to get their son but I’m struggling with their daughter we’re looking at about £10 each
Thanks for any recommendations!x
The 7yos I Nanny for are into anything crafty/glittery/anything that makes a mess 😂 but I’ve found that actually small Lego sets go down an absolute treat with this age group and you can get so many lovely little creative ones xx

Reactions: 1
People "What shall we get Tommy for christmas?"

Me in my head knowing full well all he cares about is Toy Story, Milkyways or wooden spoons

Me out loud "Oh anything I'm sure he will love it!"

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Me in my head knowing full well all he cares about is Toy Story, Milkyways or wooden spoons

I was having this conversation today 🤣 I’m dreading it tbh my house is already bursting at the seams I’ve not nowhere for anything to go

• Haha
Those with older children what could I buy a 7ish year old girl that isn’t too expensive? We’re looking at buying our neighbours little Christmas presents as they bought us really helpful bulk items when baby was born, we get on well but aren’t super close to them. I know what to get their son but I’m struggling with their daughter we’re looking at about £10 each
Thanks for any recommendations!x
B&M do great wee sets for craft, there is a colour your own clock one. I just bought this for my daughter’s friend for her birthday

I don’t think I’ve ever felt so poorly in my life, proper sore throat, chills, headache. Nothing further to add, just needed to moan 🤣😭
I have just come to the tail end of this. Never have I felt so horrendous. And bad news is that it doesn’t go quickly, I got sick last Wednesday and only starting to feel more human and survive without pain today. Deepest sympathies xx

I don’t know whether I’m imagining things but I’m not sure if little crazy cats lips look a little blue. Her hands and feet are freezing but she has had a temperature is 38degrees.
I go in to panic mode but she looks a little purple to me

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I was having this conversation today 🤣 I’m dreading it tbh my house is already bursting at the seams I’ve not nowhere for anything to go
I didn’t lay down any guidelines, but then I read some ideas on this thread, and now I have an approved list for people who want to buy but haven’t bought yet 🤣🤣 it’s mostly clothes because she’s grown out of all hers! Or things that would be useful haha

• Haha
I don’t know whether I’m imagining things but I’m not sure if little crazy cats lips look a little blue. Her hands and feet are freezing but she has had a temperature is 38degrees.
I go in to panic mode but she looks a little purple to me
Get her checked out if you're concerned 😊 always better to get checked

Reactions: 3
I’ve a 4 month old who had his second round of jabs yesterday- had a raging temp going to bed last night so was dosing him with calpol. Of course he slept like a log while I was up constantly checking he was still breathing (he kept holding his breath!!)
It’s been a long ass day, super clingy and dozy for most of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

I’m for sure buying my 2yo kitchen tongs

• Haha
Reactions: 3
We're on holiday, it's our last night and we went to a winter lights trail... The baby was a bit freaked out by it in the buggy (tbh he doesn't tolerate the buggy much at the best of times) so I put him in the sling which meant he was safe and warm and cosy... So of course he fell asleep. He's effectively had a half hour nap at 6pm, will he ever go to sleep tonight? 🤷

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Did I just beg mc Donald’s for extra pickles?
yes I did! 😂😂😂
Am I going to keep mini Waka away from us while eating by giving her her own fries? Also yes 🤣

We're on holiday, it's our last night and we went to a winter lights trail... The baby was a bit freaked out by it in the buggy (tbh he doesn't tolerate the buggy much at the best of times) so I put him in the sling which meant he was safe and warm and cosy... So of course he fell asleep. He's effectively had a half hour nap at 6pm, will he ever go to sleep tonight? 🤷
If by tonight you mean before midnight, yeah I’d say about 11:59 🤣

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My child has napped for nearly 7 hours today. I’ve had a bloody lovely day but I feel like I’ll regret it when I get no sleep tonight 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Did I just beg mc Donald’s for extra pickles?
yes I did! 😂😂😂
Am I going to keep mini Waka away from us while eating by giving her her own fries? Also yes 🤣

If by tonight you mean before midnight, yeah I’d say about 11:59 🤣
Tbf I’m with you on the pickles! 🤤

I’ve a 4 month old who had his second round of jabs yesterday- had a raging temp going to bed last night so was dosing him with calpol. Of course he slept like a log while I was up constantly checking he was still breathing (he kept holding his breath!!)
It’s been a long ass day, super clingy and dozy for most of it.
Jabs are the worst! I hope tonight is a bit more restful for you. ♥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.