New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another poorly baby here. She’s had a cold for the past few days but today it’s so much worse. She’s SO snotty and now has a cough too. She refused to nap all day today, so I bought her up to bed at 6pm. Since then shes been on and off coughing, crying, falling asleep, waking up coughing again.. and repeat. I smothered her in vicks when I got her ready for bed, she’s had calpol, anbesol for her teeth and we have olbus oil in the room and she still sounds so chesty and snotty as she’s breathing 😢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Ffs started my weekend the same way as I’ve ended it. Friday night in a&e with the eldest as he fell off a bench at school onto his head (while sat down?!?! How!!!!!) then tonight with the youngest as he’s got bronciolitis again.

Pro tip: never have 3 under 5, you may as well camp in a&e 🙂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
My baby girl also has a viral rash, cold and cough 😩 I gave her some calpol then her bedtime milk but she was sick pretty much straight away, am I right in saying I shouldn’t give her anymore calpol even though she was sick soon after she had it?
Id you have some ibuprofen, can always give that instead 😊

Reactions: 3
Thanks for the milk tips lasses 🤍
In an unexpected twist, we’ve been together all day and yet he didn’t ask for any milk from in bed first thing until after 4pm 🤯
Not sure if something is up as he’s also had way less water than usual too 🤔

Sorry there are so many unwell babes at the min 😞 sending good sleep and good health vibes out into the universe

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So many poorly babies, hope they all get better soon! Arnies full of cold, it's defo that time of year.

My boys have done me dirty tonight. I went out for drinks with my friend tonight, come back and the 3yo and baby are soundo. KW goes "I really don't know what you moan about, they just sleep for me." I was hoping they'd be hanging from the ceiling and making him go insane 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 12
So many poorly babies, hope they all get better soon! Arnies full of cold, it's defo that time of year.

My boys have done me dirty tonight. I went out for drinks with my friend tonight, come back and the 3yo and baby are soundo. KW goes "I really don't know what you moan about, they just sleep for me." I was hoping they'd be hanging from the ceiling and making him go insane 🙃
I stand by my theory that they don’t fuss or wake for dads because they don’t really want them

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Haha well it properly annoys me when they say this!! Let him do it again if he says the same tomorrow I’ll eat my own arse 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Same thing happened to me last week, he was like nah it was easy..😑

Reactions: 2
Hoping someone can help. I have a legal agreement with my baby’s dad that he sees her for 10 hours one week and 6 hours the next, suiting his working schedule. My baby is 18 weeks, born 8 weeks early so 10 weeks corrected. She comes back in an awful way, she’s just plainly not being cared for. The plan has been in place for about a month and a half and due to be reviewed at 6 months but it’s just getting worse. Is it too early to contact my solicitor to get something changed or has anyone been in this situation and what did they do or is there anyone here in that line of work who can help.

I can’t just speak to her dad and voice my issues because he is verbally abusive and just nasty!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Hoping someone can help. I have a legal agreement with my baby’s dad that he sees her for 10 hours one week and 6 hours the next, suiting his working schedule. My baby is 18 weeks, born 8 weeks early so 10 weeks corrected. She comes back in an awful way, she’s just plainly not being cared for. The plan has been in place for about a month and a half and due to be reviewed at 6 months but it’s just getting worse. Is it too early to contact my solicitor to get something changed or has anyone been in this situation and what did they do or is there anyone here in that line of work who can help.

I can’t just speak to her dad and voice my issues because he is verbally abusive and just nasty!
So sorry baby is unsettled 😔 does he have her 10 hours at one time? Can he split it in half? My eldest was 1 when me and her dad split up, and it was bad enough then. I guess he isn’t having her over night?
If you are concerned, you should definitely say something. It’s not fair if she’s unsettled when she sees him and then unsettled for you when she comes home. Does he look after her on his own? Can you speak to his family member?

Baby B is so poorly. I really shouted at him when I put him down to sleep. Well, he went down fine and then I checked on him half hour later, he was asleep, but he pooed so I had to change him, waking him up and it took over an hour to get him back off. He then woke up at 0045 screaming so I brought him into bed with us. He is not happy with this as he loves his cot. Anyway, in the last 3 hours, I have been so delusional. I’ve woken up thinking he’s a different baby. He’s been at least 3 🤦🏼‍♀️ he wants his muzzy, I give it to him, he throws it. He’s whacked me in the eye and won’t settle being cuddled. I turned my back on him about 2.5 hours into it for Mr B to sort (feel awful coz it’s his birthday) and he just cried. Turned round, took him back and he stopped. He’s such a mummies boy
Anyway, I think he has a chest infection. I’ve got a little video of his breathing. What do you think? I’ll be taking him to the doctors tomorrow anyway. But need to brave myself for it being viral 😂 he’s also really been off his milk and food. The stress!!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 1
So sorry baby is unsettled 😔 does he have her 10 hours at one time? Can he split it in half? My eldest was 1 when me and her dad split up, and it was bad enough then. I guess he isn’t having her over night?
If you are concerned, you should definitely say something. It’s not fair if she’s unsettled when she sees him and then unsettled for you when she comes home. Does he look after her on his own? Can you speak to his family member?

Baby B is so poorly. I really shouted at him when I put him down to sleep. Well, he went down fine and then I checked on him half hour later, he was asleep, but he pooed so I had to change him, waking him up and it took over an hour to get him back off. He then woke up at 0045 screaming so I brought him into bed with us. He is not happy with this as he loves his cot. Anyway, in the last 3 hours, I have been so delusional. I’ve woken up thinking he’s a different baby. He’s been at least 3 🤦🏼‍♀️ he wants his muzzy, I give it to him, he throws it. He’s whacked me in the eye and won’t settle being cuddled. I turned my back on him about 2.5 hours into it for Mr B to sort (feel awful coz it’s his birthday) and he just cried. Turned round, took him back and he stopped. He’s such a mummies boy
Anyway, I think he has a chest infection. I’ve got a little video of his breathing. What do you think? I’ll be taking him to the doctors tomorrow anyway. But need to brave myself for it being viral 😂 he’s also really been off his milk and food. The stress!!
We have the same! Coughing all night, hot and laboured breathing. Taken the morning off work and will bring her in

• Heart

If it is a sfeguarding/welfare concern, you are within your right, even if it's a legal agreement, to not allow the issues.
You will need to contact your solicitor as soon as you can though. But if it's welfare, you can withhold contact

How scary for you. I would be contacting your legal team straight away, and also making good notes (and taking pictures if possible) about all your concerns. Lots of evidence behind you will help out xx

Yeah he be wheezing for sure! Bless him, hope the GP can help xx

• Heart
I’m here with todays most boring question, what kind of bag do you use for their nursery things? I’ve seen loads of childrens mini backpacks online, but I don’t know if they are big enough to fit in everything they need 🤔 and what do you send with them to nursery? The one we are using provides meals and nappies, so I’m thinking it’s just spare clothes, puddle suit etc.

I’ve decided I need to stop being in denial and get prepared for baby T starting nursery after Christmas 🥺 I’ve just ordered a duck puddlesuit from Vinted for him to take, now I’m going to go and sob.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m thinking the power of several sleep deprived brains will be better than one this morning so can anyone tell me if I’m forgetting anything super important in terms of baby proofing my house now baby is crawling? I’ve ordered plug socket covers and stair gates but feel like there are other obvious things I’ve forgotten 🤔

I’m here with todays most boring question, what kind of bag do you use for their nursery things? I’ve seen loads of childrens mini backpacks online, but I don’t know if they are big enough to fit in everything they need 🤔 and what do you send with them to nursery? The one we are using provides meals and nappies, so I’m thinking it’s just spare clothes, puddle suit etc.

I’ve decided I need to stop being in denial and get prepared for baby T starting nursery after Christmas 🥺 I’ve just ordered a duck puddlesuit from Vinted for him to take, now I’m going to go and sob.
For her first one I ordered a backpack off eBay with her name on (this is used for nursery only) Now she’s older she asked for a my little pony one 🤣

We had a My 1st Years mini bag for her in the summer, and in that goes a water beaker, change of change of clothes, sun cream and hat. Now she also needs a puddle suit, wellies, bobble hat, extra jumper etc, the mini bag isn’t big enough so she just uses a Kanken backpack :)

How scary for you. I would be contacting your legal team straight away, and also making good notes (and taking pictures if possible) about all your concerns. Lots of evidence behind you will help out xx
Thank you all for your help. He has her 6 hours on a Saturday and 4 hours every second Wednesday. I have been taking pictures and it just breaks my heart that she isn’t been looked after. She comes back with a red bum. Her clothes stink of sick or poo or both. When she comes back she throws up during and after her bottles for days. It’s just not fair. I can’t speak to his family because they are just as bad as him. They went around telling everyone I had PPD and tried to take her from the hospital. They are quick to tell me I’m a bad mother but seeing her not being idolized and cared for breaks my heart. Even something as stupid as not feeding her on time. He doesn’t put a coat on her in her car seat he puts her in a dressing gown which is ridiculous because it’s so cold out

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.