New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish these were the only times I bloody ate šŸ·
Someone brought me a cupcake from the staff room today as I donā€™t go up at playtime. Did I go at lunchtime and pretend I hadnā€™t had one?
Iā€™m actually cross at myself as I just realised I should have gone up after school for a 3rd šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Itā€™s 9:20. Sheā€™s already woken up SIX times. Considering this is normally the bit of the night she sleeps the longest for, Iā€™m doomed arent I šŸ™ƒ

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hehe another GP rant incoming.

Todays bad things so far: I dropped my phone in the bath and now it wonā€™t charge, my car is broken and I missed Middle Sailors doctors appointment this afternoon due to previous situation as no one could get us there.

The GP calls at time of appointment (while Iā€™d been sat in the queue for 51 minutes to move the appointment mind) and says to me ā€œletā€™s move your appointment, is 5:30 this evening ok?ā€ (Errrr no, my car is broken as Iā€™ve just explained? I say Iā€™m at work tomorrow so I physically canā€™t do tomorrow but Wednesday is fine and he says ā€œwell, it depends how worried you are about Middle Sailorā€ (?!???) So we end the discussion as he goes off. He calls me back 10 mins later and says ā€œitā€™s imperative you get MS here as we are really concerned about him based on the symptoms you describedā€ (clearly not that concerned as I called last Wednesday but HEY whoā€™s counting). I explain that I canā€™t drive my car as itā€™s literally smoking out the bonnet and taxi services are little to nothing in our area and he says ā€œwell, you need to find a way of at least getting a urine sample here so we can test that and then we may be able to relax a bitā€. At this point I was like MATE WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO, MAGIC HIS PISS OVER TO YOU?! Lord give me strength. I felt like he was trying to imply that I donā€™t care about my child because I canā€™t teleport! It was literally out of my hands.

* just should add I would have flown to the surgery via pigeon had I been ultra concerned but weā€™ve taken MSā€™s sugar levels several times this week as we sourced a monitor and theyā€™ve been normal THANK god so Iā€™m now only amber level concerned and he has an appointment for weds.

Anyway, ridiculousness.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I watched the third one the other day (partner put it on šŸ˜‚) and cried, I never even cried at THAT scene when I first seen it. Motherhood has made me soft šŸ˜‚
Itā€™s my most hated scene in all 4 movies and thatā€™s saying a lot because I bleeping DESPISE GABBY GABBY, but my emotions canā€™t handle it and itā€™s the only part Tommy hasnā€™t seen because I always end the movie there šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 5
@Jellybean093 also just wanted to reply to your earlier post and say that chest infections can be so tricky - you could take them one day and theyā€™d be all ā€œoh yeah itā€™s viral, their chest is clear, theyā€™ll be fineā€ and then you could take them 24/48 hours later and theyā€™re fully gunked up needing antibiotics and nebs so donā€™t beat yourself up my lovely. In a way itā€™s almost ā€œbetterā€ (wrong choice of words) to leave it that extra 24 hours if youā€™re not *seriously* concerned about them as then the GP can actually help instead of you having to drag a poorly babe in 4 times to get them to listen to you. Saying that we have had lots of ā€œyep chest is clear, just viralā€ and ended up in hospital for a week so essentially kids are hard and Iā€™m tired šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hehe another GP rant incoming.

Todays bad things so far: I dropped my phone in the bath and now it wonā€™t charge, my car is broken and I missed Middle Sailors doctors appointment this afternoon due to previous situation as no one could get us there.

The GP calls at time of appointment (while Iā€™d been sat in the queue for 51 minutes to move the appointment mind) and says to me ā€œletā€™s move your appointment, is 5:30 this evening ok?ā€ (Errrr no, my car is broken as Iā€™ve just explained? I say Iā€™m at work tomorrow so I physically canā€™t do tomorrow but Wednesday is fine and he says ā€œwell, it depends how worried you are about Middle Sailorā€ (?!???) So we end the discussion as he goes off. He calls me back 10 mins later and says ā€œitā€™s imperative you get MS here as we are really concerned about him based on the symptoms you describedā€ (clearly not that concerned as I called last Wednesday but HEY whoā€™s counting). I explain that I canā€™t drive my car as itā€™s literally smoking out the bonnet and taxi services are little to nothing in our area and he says ā€œwell, you need to find a way of at least getting a urine sample here so we can test that and then we may be able to relax a bitā€. At this point I was like MATE WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO, MAGIC HIS PISS OVER TO YOU?! Lord give me strength. I felt like he was trying to imply that I donā€™t care about my child because I canā€™t teleport! It was literally out of my hands.

* just should add I would have flown to the surgery via pigeon had I been ultra concerned but weā€™ve taken MSā€™s sugar levels several times this week as we sourced a monitor and theyā€™ve been normal THANK god so Iā€™m now only amber level concerned and he has an appointment for weds.

Anyway, ridiculousness.
What a day. Gpā€™s boil my blood.
do give us an update on middle sailor on wed if you manage to get there x

Reactions: 2
What a day. Gpā€™s boil my blood.
do give us an update on middle sailor on wed if you manage to get there x
Like you canā€™t book him an appointment almost a week later then suddenly itā€™s ā€œimperativeā€ to get him there. I understand why, obviously, but if his sugars had been high I would have been straight down at a&e. Absolute sods. Will do lovely (also your gherkin comment made tea come out my nose from laughing suddenly šŸ¤£)

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Iā€™m here with todays most boring question, what kind of bag do you use for their nursery things? Iā€™ve seen loads of childrens mini backpacks online, but I donā€™t know if they are big enough to fit in everything they need šŸ¤” and what do you send with them to nursery? The one we are using provides meals and nappies, so Iā€™m thinking itā€™s just spare clothes, puddle suit etc.

Iā€™ve decided I need to stop being in denial and get prepared for baby T starting nursery after Christmas šŸ„ŗ Iā€™ve just ordered a duck puddlesuit from Vinted for him to take, now Iā€™m going to go and sob.
Good question, Iā€™ve been ruminating on this.
Got a spare all in one coat as SIL bought him an ugly AF one from a car boot as it was new and Ā£1.50 so thatā€™s sorted until he grows šŸ¤£ canā€™t wait to get it out of my house, but I am glad of the bargain.
Thinking of sending the satchel nappy bag that matches the pram as we use a backpack, dunno if it will be annoying to load up though.
Heā€™s been taking the very odd step these last couple of weeks and I reckon heā€™ll just about be walking when he starts. And if they walk they want shoes and wellies. But I donā€™t like the thought of a new walker being in footwear loads šŸ˜–
He has got waterproof booties, so considering getting some extra of them for him, but idk how long they would actually get used for before theyā€™re likeā€¦.ffs send him in real ones

Itā€™s my most hated scene in all 4 movies and thatā€™s saying a lot because I bleeping DESPISE GABBY GABBY, but my emotions canā€™t handle it and itā€™s the only part Tommy hasnā€™t seen because I always end the movie there šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Are you going to let Tommy end up like Phoebe from friends not knowing how sad films end? šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Tomorrow you can buy tomorrowā€™s snacks šŸ‘ŒšŸ»
I behaved myself. I ate 1. I really want a packet of crisps now though šŸ« 

@Jellybean093 also just wanted to reply to your earlier post and say that chest infections can be so tricky - you could take them one day and theyā€™d be all ā€œoh yeah itā€™s viral, their chest is clear, theyā€™ll be fineā€ and then you could take them 24/48 hours later and theyā€™re fully gunked up needing antibiotics and nebs so donā€™t beat yourself up my lovely. In a way itā€™s almost ā€œbetterā€ (wrong choice of words) to leave it that extra 24 hours if youā€™re not *seriously* concerned about them as then the GP can actually help instead of you having to drag a poorly babe in 4 times to get them to listen to you. Saying that we have had lots of ā€œyep chest is clear, just viralā€ and ended up in hospital for a week so essentially kids are hard and Iā€™m tired šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Yes, I think this wouldā€™ve happened had I have taken him a day or 2 earlier. Just like with the 3yo the Friday before when he had a red right ear, but was complaining of the left, and the doctor said it was fine, only to go back on the Monday, and it was an ear infection šŸ˜­
I do get that it was ā€˜betterā€™ to go today and not before, because I knew Iā€™d have got fobbed off. Even though he has been so poorly. Iā€™m awful at diagnosing chest infections. All chesty coughs I think are infections šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Whatā€™s the general nursery policy on conjunctivitis? Sheā€™s got a lot of goo in her eye, not sure if itā€™s that or not, but canā€™t get a copy of the sickness policy.

I watched the third one the other day (partner put it on šŸ˜‚) and cried, I never even cried at THAT scene when I first seen it. Motherhood has made me soft šŸ˜‚
The end of the third one has me in tears every single time! The first 10 minutes of Up! always make me cry too.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.