New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bless you, this all hits home so much. Its so so true.

During a night feed the other day while I was half asleep I was fantasising about a bath in peace with some chocs and a cheeky glass of red, then KWs snoring whacked me straight back into reality 🙃🤣
I would die for a bath and some wine and chocolate 🤤. Being tired just makes everything so hard, the other day I cried because my friends all finished the new season of Love is Blind ages ago, and I never get time to watch it so I’m so far behind 😂💀

• Heart
Reactions: 7
A complete night off is the dream! I’d quite like to stay in a nice hotel room, on my own, and have a bath and watch tv and eat chocolate without having to share with Mr G or get up and down 4 million times a night to the baby who shows her appreciation by coming into my bed and then head butting/smacking me constantly 🫠

I would die for a bath and some wine and chocolate 🤤. Being tired just makes everything so hard, the other day I cried because my friends all finished the new season of Love is Blind ages ago, and I never get time to watch it so I’m so far behind 😂💀
When the Dahmer series came out my friend (who doesn’t have children) was like “oh it’s so good, honestly just put it on and binge it over the weekend cos it’s that good you’ll want to watch it all at once”

I had to really stop myself from laughing out loud at that one. Binge watch tv programs during the day?? What is that?? We watched it recently, I think it took us well over a week and I fell asleep in most episodes cos I’m always bleeping knackered

• Heart
Reactions: 11
But would it REALLY be a night off? Or when you got back would there be a mountain of stuff that had been caused by your absence that needed attention? Washing not sorted, toys not put away, dishes not done etc.

I’ve been out of action for a few days and my KW has - on the surface - been taking care of everything. Except today the kids didn’t have dry school shirts (even though I made a point of telling him that was imperative to get done) and I’ve just spent half an hour looking for a kids’ food flask that he has done I dunno what with and is now missing, so now I have to rearrange kids lunches for tomorrow. Plus the washing that was put in the machine and never sorted etc etc.

It’s never TRUE time off. It’s a pause, and then when you get back it’s double the work and not even worth it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
But would it REALLY be a night off? Or when you got back would there be a mountain of stuff that had been caused by your absence that needed attention? Washing not sorted, toys not put away, dishes not done etc.

I’ve been out of action for a few days and my KW has - on the surface - been taking care of everything. Except today the kids didn’t have dry school shirts (even though I made a point of telling him that was imperative to get done) and I’ve just spent half an hour looking for a kids’ food flask that he has done I dunno what with and is now missing, so now I have to rearrange kids lunches for tomorrow. Plus the washing that was put in the machine and never sorted etc etc.

It’s never TRUE time off. It’s a pause, and then when you get back it’s double the work and not even worth it.
WHY ARE THEY LIKE THIS. KW made th3 3yos lunch box for nursery the other day and he packed sandwiches, not wrapped up, 2 packets of crisps, a whole apple and two kit kats. Ffs

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I can get me and the baby ready in half the time it takes my KW to get ready, men really do take the piss. I’ve had to be really blunt with him on multiple occasions and say how it’s not fair that my whole life is a rush whilst he just swans about and does what he wants. They don’t understand what it’s like to have limited time to shower, get yourself ready, feed yourself etc, I haven’t enjoyed a shower or a meal since baby T was born because I’m constantly rushing to get it finished, or I’m doing it whilst trying to look after a baby. Earlier I was thinking of how exhausted I am, and how much I would pay to have a night of undisturbed sleep and a bath in peace, but I don’t have anyone to help and we are poor 😂
I totally get this. Last week I had to hold baby on my knee whilst I attempted to dry my hair cos she wouldn’t sit in the cot without screaming. So I texted KW in anger and said ‘i haven’t dried my f**king hair in months and my hairs a mess’ safe to say I didn’t dry it properly and it was a mess

• Heart
Reactions: 6
WHY ARE THEY LIKE THIS. KW made th3 3yos lunch box for nursery the other day and he packed sandwiches, not wrapped up, 2 packets of crisps, a whole apple and two kit kats. Ffs
So much there to laugh at 🤣🤣

When I was really pregnancy sick KW had To do the lunches every day. Every day I had to tell him exactly what to do.

Reactions: 3
I was like this but honestly when they start crawling, pulling up onto furniture and trying to walk they fall over so much and we’ve got wooden floors so I’ve got used to it!

When I was worried ages ago @I’mThankyou_ gave some really good advice, I think it was as long as they don’t cry for 10 minutes or longer and don’t have bruising behind their ears they should be okay. Obviously just check on them a little more when sleeping as well but honestly their heads can withstand a lot!
Funnily enough she’s started doing all these things in the last few weeks so I can see a lot more of this happening 😂🙈 I keep checking in her but she’s asleep so don’t want to wake the beast, I always worry with it’s on the head

I’ll probably start another debate like I did with potatoes but I’m so cross. You can’t add gherkins to a mc crispy burger so I thought fine I’ll get my usual and add my extra gherkins to see they’ve changed so you’re only allowed to add to ONE, only ONE extra slice! Already shot off my tweets to them about both issues

• Haha
Reactions: 12
First time Mam and head is fried from all the conflicting advice online but baby is 5 and a half weeks old and waking her at night to feed her is absolute torture. It’s taking nearly an hour to wake her just to feed her. I know she’s still so little but at what stage do I leave her to wake herself for a bottle? Some people are saying leave her until she wakes herself and others are saying to keep waking every 3/4 hours. Help! Please!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ll probably start another debate like I did with potatoes but I’m so cross. You can’t add gherkins to a mc crispy burger so I thought fine I’ll get my usual and add my extra gherkins to see they’ve changed so you’re only allowed to add to ONE, only ONE extra slice! Already shot off my tweets to them about both issues
I tried the mcrispy last week and was so disappointed, tasted similar to those 99p chicken steaks you can get in the aldi 🤣😭

Reactions: 1
I feel personally victimised by this. I always get extra on my burgers and have been known to sometimes count the gherkins to make sure they really have given me extra

ONE is not extra!

• Haha
I feel personally victimised by this. I always get extra on my burgers and have been known to sometimes count the gherkins to make sure they really have given me extra

ONE is not extra!
Same I’m fuming when I see about 3 in there, load me up big boy!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
First time Mam and head is fried from all the conflicting advice online but baby is 5 and a half weeks old and waking her at night to feed her is absolute torture. It’s taking nearly an hour to wake her just to feed her. I know she’s still so little but at what stage do I leave her to wake herself for a bottle? Some people are saying leave her until she wakes herself and others are saying to keep waking every 3/4 hours. Help! Please!
Is she underweight? Or was she premature? A healthy, full term baby who is gaining weight at a steady rate doesn’t need woken at night to feed. I have never, ever, EVER woken a baby to feed them. Just asking for trouble 🤣
Jokes aside, there is no reason to unless medically advised. Let her wake on her own and enjoy the sleep x

Reactions: 6
Has she reached her birth weight and gaining well? Mini Waka slept 8 hours from 9 weeks old I think. If her weight is on a trajectory I’d leave her be

I have never woke my baby up for a feed

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I tried the mcrispy last week and was so disappointed, tasted similar to those 99p chicken steaks you can get in the aldi 🤣😭
Ahhh no! I still ordered my beloved double cheeseburger in case I was disappointed but I did like it. I don’t go to Aldi (only cos it has bad parking) so that could be why 🤣

• Haha
I'm SO jealous. Let the sweet girl sleep, what an angel. Can she come and teach my boy how to do this pls 😭

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.