New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We were up all night no sleep babies dad has gone to buy formula I’m gutted I really wanted to breastfeed and feel like I’ve failed so early
You have not failed. No matter how you feed your baby you have not failed. Through your the next few weeks you will find what your normal looks like for you. That may be exclusively breastfeeding, supplementing with formula, expressed milk, or whatever you please! There really is no one size fits all what’s most important is a happy baby and a happy mum

edited to add I’m pretty sure every mum on this page will have a different story for how they feed their babies.

for me I exclusively pump with 1 breastfeed a day where we can fit it in. We also supplemented with formula on night 2 and 3 until my milk came in

Reactions: 7
Am I going To have to set up an account?

There’s going to be a new tattle thread for vintage anonymous 🫠
Theres only one right answer to this question: YES

On another topic, baby Author looks like he signed up to baby fight club and now has two rather deep scratches on his face from his little friend (I couldn’t be mad at the other baby’s mum- it was a total accident between two babies who are just beginning to get social). I’ve been putting Sudocrem on them in the hole they will heal and won’t scar. Does anyone else have any suggestions? I’m off to boots this morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
How can you even be on this thread and not have a vinted account?!
I think I only got an account after this thread went on about it incessantly 😂 initially said I’d only use it to sell… that lasted until I got nap trapped under the baby…

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Am I going To have to set up an account?

There’s going to be a new tattle thread for vintage anonymous 🫠
One of my greatest achievements as a mother was getting him a duck rainsuit on Vinted for £2, if that doesn't convince you, nothing will :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
For any ladies who might have an IUD, I have a question. I got mine put in on the 18th and I’m still bleeding. I’m not sure if it’s because my cycle has returned or not. Even so, my cycle has always been 7 days max and with with first IUD it was 3-5.
Does this seem normal or should I call my gyno? I can’t remember bleeding for so long after the first installation.

We were up all night no sleep babies dad has gone to buy formula I’m gutted I really wanted to breastfeed and feel like I’ve failed so early
Awww don’t give up if you really want to breastfeed, there’s a Facebook group called Breastfeeding and Lactation support uk and they have trained professionals you can get help and advice from and you can even send videos to their admin inbox for them to check latch etc if you can’t find any face to face help today.

Baby might just be a little sleepy still if just born. Try to relax and have a sofa day with plenty of skin to skin, snacks and water at hand and see how you get on. Has your milk come in yet or is it still colostrum? X

Reactions: 2
Oh Christ my parents have announced they are coming to visit next week (not staying in our house thankfully!)... I always want them to visit so the kids get to see their grandparents but it's so stressful, they are so difficult to be around!
Plus we generally have a busy week next week anyway so it'll just add to the mayhem!

At least they are making the effort and coming up, they are notoriously crap at bothering to see us.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think I only got an account after this thread went on about it incessantly 😂 initially said I’d only use it to sell… that lasted until I got nap trapped under the baby…
This is my issue too … I’m terrible for thinking well I’ll be stuck to the sofa for a little while so may as well just have a look. ££££ later and I’m seriously considering asking them to lock my account for my own good! I totally blame you lot 😉

• Haha
Haha yes I remember us both going overdue, I think we were due on the same date weren’t we (28th Nov?) That wait when you’re overdue is like no other wait. I can’t believe they’re going to be 1 and classed as toddlers 🥺🤯

I’ve definitely booked a Santa visit even though he’s probably too young and may or may not dress him for the occasion in a matching Santa outfit I’ve already purchased from Vinted. I bloody love Christmas haha. It feels like it’s his first real one as he pretty much had his eyes closed for most of the last one! 🤣
I knowww sat there googling the longest pregnancy ever! 😂
Aww I’m half like stop growing and half can’t wait for her to be chatting, how is yours getting on?

I had a little look on vinted last night looks great thanks for the recommendation. Haha I know last year was such a blur I’m so excited for this one!

This is a PSA
Aldi have Christmas jumpers in the special buys.
Some are matching.
Aldi did not have the jams though to boogie round the veg aisle

• Haha
Reactions: 9
You know I said I bought matching Christmas pj's for us all...

Yesterday I spotted the matching dog jumper in M&S so now he can join the fun.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My vinted addiction is ridiculous, I hide them all in my car normally until MrGG is at work and delete all proof from the cameras but I’d forgot because it was raining. He went into my car to get the pram from the boot and there were 13 parcels just stuffed in there waiting for my moment to sneak them in 🥷

• Haha
Reactions: 16
My vinted addiction is ridiculous, I hide them all in my car normally until MrGG is at work and delete all proof from the cameras but I’d forgot because it was raining. He went into my car to get the pram from the boot and there were 13 parcels just stuffed in there waiting for my moment to sneak them in 🥷
This is amazing 😂 What did he say??

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.