New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congrats @Chrisxo and welcome ❤ don’t be worried about asking questions! I was also a nervous wreck when Baby Rita came home xxx

Reactions: 2
@Chrisxo huge congrats. I'm 3rd baby in and panic about sleeping, you're not alone. As others have said it's better for baby to be too cold than hot. The Lullaby trust have a really good guide also if that would help. Enjoy all the newborn snuggles!

We went through FOUR bottles last night. I'm exhausted, someone pass the gin 😪

• Heart
  • Sad
Whoever posted about the Christmas outfits on Vinted, I hope you know when I’m homeless it’s your fault 😠🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Had our first rough ish night 3 weeks in last night, nothing overly bad he just wouldn’t settle and was awake from 1:30-4ish then 5-6:30ish. Think I’ll treat myself to a Christmas Starbucks today

It’s my first time taking both kids out without my fella today, I mean my sister is coming too but I’m still nervous 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Guys I’ve created a monster. I introduced my husband to Vinted. He decided its a good idea to sell every single item of clothing he owns and then use the proceeds to buy new ones on Vinted 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Hi guys hope you don’t mind me joining I’ve just had my baby yesterday today is our first night at home and I’m a wreck I’m terrified something will happen to him in his sleep I’m scared he’ll overheat or be too cold I have him in my next to me with a short vest babygrow swaddled in a cellular then a knitted blanket tucked on too unsure of my room temp, we’ve also been doing so well at breastfeeding but now we’re home it’s went downhill I can’t sleep I’m terrified can anyone help I’m aware there will have been 100’s of posts like this 💔
For the first six weeks I slept sat upright in my glasses so I could see baby the second I opened my eyes 🙈 you’ll always worry about them but that absolute terror you first get will pass ❤

So we’d reached a standstill with teething but this morning she’s woken up with FOUR top front teeth poking through 😰 and I’ve cried because now she doesn’t look like a baby anymore, she looks like I could send her off to primary school 😭😭😭 (apart from her hair!)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
How many Christmas outfits is too many, asking for a friend?

Only joking it’s me I am the friend because I think I’m on double figures already

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Only joking it’s me I am the friend because I think I’m on double figures already
We will begin wearing our Christmas outfits starting Monday else I'll have to make 3 outfit changes a day🤫

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Are my kids going to hate me if I try and find matching Christmas outfits for them? 🤔
I'm not sure how the 9yo will take it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

I have more Christmas pjs and no day time outfits so it looks like he’s having his picture with Santa in a dressing gown. He’ll be 8 months meeting Santa twice in Halloween outfits the way I’ve gone 😂

The Santa meetings are 10000% for me cause I’ve had no excuse to do it since my cousin was a baby 13 years ago!

This is an absolutely fantastic idea 😂😂
I've found matching dresses but they don't do matching or similar for boys.
He may end up in a dress at this point 😂

Just to clarify, there's nothing wrong with boys wearing dresses snoop. But my 9 yo wouldn't be keen 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
We were up all night no sleep babies dad has gone to buy formula I’m gutted I really wanted to breastfeed and feel like I’ve failed so early

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The Dutch Vinted is yielding nothing for baby Christmas outfits and, sadly, most cute tartan dresses I’m finding are stupidly expensive.

I've found matching dresses but they don't do matching or similar for boys.
He may end up in a dress at this point 😂

Just to clarify, there's nothing wrong with boys wearing dresses snoop. But my 9 yo wouldn't be keen 😂
Have you looked in sainsburys. Sometimes they have matching B/G clothes, not that I've looked or anything, I have to peel the 9yo out of his football kit😂

Reactions: 1
We were up all night no sleep babies dad has gone to buy formula I’m gutted I really wanted to breastfeed and feel like I’ve failed so early
If you don’t want to use formula, can we help you with some breastfeeding advice first? Why is it you feel you need it? What happened overnight?

Reactions: 6
You haven’t failed at all. ❤ I also struggled in the beginning with breastfeeding. We hired a lactate consultant and she helped a lot. I would also recommend trying different positions & places in the house it sit and get comfortable. Are you pumping / has your milk come in yet?
The football / rugby hold helped us a lot in the beginning for the left boob.

Firstly, you haven’t failed at all however you feed your baby. If you want to continue breastfeeding have you tried your midwives? Mine were very helpful when I had a similar issue in the early days. In reality, it is very very very normal for babies to cluster feed in the early days, it feels like they never stop and they can’t possibly be getting enough, but in reality they’re putting their order in and getting your supply up. Please reach out for support if you need it, but if you decide it’s not for you then that’s absolutely not a failure 🥰

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.