New baby and post birth advice #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the advice everyone 💖

I’ll try all those things (although already raised one side of the crib).

She eventually does release out some top trumps just not usually during the night, can’t get them out.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have nothing productive to say other than I’m bleeping tired today and I’m going to a party tomorrow and I am in no way ready for photos x

• Heart
I have nothing productive to say other than I’m bleeping tired today and I’m going to a party tomorrow and I am in no way ready for photos x
I'm so tired too and out tonight also.. I've avoided nights out out because I'm exhausted but hoping it'll do be some good to have some time for myself! Will probably regret it tomorrow 😂

Reactions: 3
Ugh am feeling so annoyed with myself about something slightly trivial and BF related which happened this morning!

Met some friends for brunch and barely lasted long enough to drink a coffee before leaving because I couldn’t really face feeding baby B in front of loads of people (including our mostly childless, male, awkward friends). We’d arranged to meet in a small group and when we arrived there were a few more people there than I’d expected and also they’d not saved us any seats, plus the cafe was completely packed with tables really close together. I’m all for feeding in public and will happily do so, I literally don’t care who sees my boobs but I really wasn’t in the mood for it today and now wish I hadn’t made an issue out of it. Not really sure my poor husband understands and I can’t really explain it to him!

• Heart
  • Sad
Ugh am feeling so annoyed with myself about something slightly trivial and BF related which happened this morning!

Met some friends for brunch and barely lasted long enough to drink a coffee before leaving because I couldn’t really face feeding baby B in front of loads of people (including our mostly childless, male, awkward friends). We’d arranged to meet in a small group and when we arrived there were a few more people there than I’d expected and also they’d not saved us any seats, plus the cafe was completely packed with tables really close together. I’m all for feeding in public and will happily do so, I literally don’t care who sees my boobs but I really wasn’t in the mood for it today and now wish I hadn’t made an issue out of it. Not really sure my poor husband understands and I can’t really explain it to him!
Sending hugs. I’m sorry you felt uncomfortable where you were, I think when you arrive somewhere (especially with a new baby!) and find people haven’t really remembered about you to save space etc it really then puts me in a bit of an off mood with everyone. I’m sure even if your husband doesn’t get it he’s supported your decision to leave anyway. Try and put it down to a bad experience with everyone, and don’t dwell too much on it xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Sending hugs. I’m sorry you felt uncomfortable where you were, I think when you arrive somewhere (especially with a new baby!) and find people haven’t really remembered about you to save space etc it really then puts me in a bit of an off mood with everyone. I’m sure even if your husband doesn’t get it he’s supported your decision to leave anyway. Try and put it down to a bad experience with everyone, and don’t dwell too much on it xxx
What’s your number, I want you on WhatsApp for direct support from you 😂😂
Joking, but you always reply so lovely with sound advice.
We all need Mummy Definitely x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My daughter absolutely loves being in the jumperoo, she goes wild for about 5-10 mins then I look over because it's silent and she's completely sound asleep 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
My daughter absolutely loves being in the jumperoo, she goes wild for about 5-10 mins then I look over because it's silent and she's completely sound asleep 😂
Aww how old is she? I’ve been looking at getting one for my little girl but not sure if it’s too early or not as she’s only just getting used to holding her head up!

Aww how old is she? I’ve been looking at getting one for my little girl but not sure if it’s too early or not as she’s only just getting used to holding her head up!
She's almost 5 months now, she's always been really good with head control. I never got one for my son but got one this time around and its great! I know people either love or hate them but we never have her in it for a big length of time, 10 mins most with a cushion under her feet!

Reactions: 2

This would piss me off I would just leave so I think you are a better person than me x

Literally can’t cope tonight. I’m rubbish at burping my own baby. Why can’t I do it
Someone might have already suggested this as I’ve not read the full thread but have you tried giving your baby infacol? It makes it much easier for them to burp. It’s worked brilliantly for my VERY windy 4 week old

Reactions: 1
Husbands first time using the carrier and this happened 😆😆😆 he wasn’t amused!

Someone might have already suggested this as I’ve not read the full thread but have you tried giving your baby infacol? It makes it much easier for them to burp. It’s worked brilliantly for my VERY windy 4 week old
Do you give two doses or just one? Can’t tell if using double as the box suggests makes any difference

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Thank you ❤ I felt a bit bad with how abruptly we left, so hope they got the hint! We’re also only 4 weeks into breastfeeding and she quite often fusses and throws her head off the boob spraying both of us with milk which is not ideal to deal with in public 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 4
She's almost 5 months now, she's always been really good with head control. I never got one for my son but got one this time around and its great! I know people either love or hate them but we never have her in it for a big length of time, 10 mins most with a cushion under her feet!
Lovely thank you! My little girl is 4 months I’ve had a look on FB marketplace and there’s some for £30 so I might get one for her I think she’d love it.

• Heart
Thank you ❤ I felt a bit bad with how abruptly we left, so hope they got the hint! We’re also only 4 weeks into breastfeeding and she quite often fusses and throws her head off the boob spraying both of us with milk which is not ideal to deal with in public 😬
Not sure if you’d want one but I’ve got one of those breastfeeding aprons and it is fab. I thought I’d feel an idiot wearing it but it’s actually fab and means no problems with feeding in public x

My 2 have always loved the jumparoo. Used to put my daughter in it whenever she started crying and she'd instantly grin and bounce 😂
Looking forward to getting it out this time

• Heart
My daughter is now 2 months old (she’s my second one, eldest is 4)
I’ve taken all of the newborn clothes out of her wardrobe. She will be my last baby, I thought I’d be really sad but all I’m feeling is relief.
Relief that I will never be pregnant again, never be postpartum again.
im excited for my girls to grow up together and excited to see their relationship grow. ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Not sure if you’d want one but I’ve got one of those breastfeeding aprons and it is fab. I thought I’d feel an idiot wearing it but it’s actually fab and means no problems with feeding in public x
I second the feeding apron. I would feed anywhere when I had that on! Definitely worth the £10 on Amazon x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.