New baby and post birth advice #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For those talking about making up bottles with formula I highly recommend buying one of these

Nuby RapidCool Prepare The Perfect Formula Feed - Baby Bottle Maker, Grey, 1 Count (Pack of 1) Amazon product

It makes the feed up in minutes, doesn’t require filters, batteries or anything. Just a regular clean with some cold water & steriliser fluid is good, it’s NHS approved too. It’s honestly the best thing we’ve bought as new parents!

Reactions: 2
We have the same system here I’ve bought kendermil too and I have used the prep machine but at night I can barely function so the rest made ones are handy for now but Christ yes we have spent a small fortune on them! What do you do like on the go my friend had a formula storage box and just added it to warm water in the bottle 💁🏽‍♀️ X
We use a pot for the formula and take a flask 😊

But also I believe if out and about, a made up bottle lasts 4 hours if you put it in the fridge and then in a cool bag whilst out 😊
Or it's 2 hours if you don't have a cool bag.
So it all depends on when baby will need a feed 😊 so that's another option for you

As loose as her poo is we haven’t had any terrible accidents, it dribbles out onto the mat worst case… but vomit. Wow, she threw up three loads the other night of curdled milk, it went all over my chest and pooled in my bra, as I was in shock and didn’t move quick enough she began flopping her sweaty head about in it. Mr Tango came out of the shower to a crime scene 😂 bath for her and shower for me at midnight!

Yeah us too, I kept demanding them from the shop and then yeah when desperate we just opened new ones and gave her them at room temp… I’ve asked my sister in law what she does when on the go because Google is blowing my mind, keep talking about flasks… apparently it has to be hot water first of all to kill the bacteria in the formula, sounds like a ball ache! X
Basically just take a flask, pot with some formula in and a sterilised bottled.

And make the bottle as you would from a kettle.
Some people do take 2 flasks and make the bottle up with half hot water from 1 flask, mix the formula and then top the rest with pre boiled cold water 😊

I think you have to put the hot water in first to keep the bottle sterile. If you add the powder technically the bottle won’t be sterile anymore :)
Yep my understanding is that water needs to be 70 degrees or higher and mixed with the formula to kill any bacteria in the formula.

We had a poo so bad that it was up to his shoulders the other week - he is now crawling and rolls every single nappy change and did on this occasion too - I didn't realise how bad it was until he flipped himself over and I saw it coming over the neckline. I had no energy so put him in the shower and hosed him down with his vest still on 🙈 he bloody loved it!

We vary in how many times he goes, sometimes once a day, sometimes 4, sometimes nothing for 3 days due to constipation from weaning. All I can say guys is enjoy those milk poos as the weaning/food poos are GRIM!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Baby bouncers - is the Baby Bjorn one worth the price? It’s £156 on Amazon and not loads cheaper second hand.
I know lots of people that loved them. They go for about £80-100 on local selling whatsapp groups here! They seem to hold their value really well; the toy bars go for loads too.

I got a joie serina swing for £50 on marketplace which he loved. Then I sold it for £40!

Reactions: 1
Baby has started to scream most nights for a couple of hours at 8pm- how can he tell the time at 7 weeks old 😳

Just what you want when you’re exhausted.

• Heart
Baby has started to scream most nights for a couple of hours at 8pm- how can he tell the time at 7 weeks old 😳

Just what you want when you’re exhausted.
Oh that sounds horrible for you all ❤❤ Hopefully it is a VERY short lived phase

Thank you 😊 I’m sure it is just a phase…

Luckily I have a very calm, chilled husband who is happy to pace the floor with him.
That is always so helpful, my husband is also super calm (and I am NOT) and listening to screaming babies doesn’t seem to phase him at all.

I did see an ad for parent ear plugs recently just in case they are needed 🙈

Reactions: 1
My partner is the complete opposite. He has zero patience and can't cope with it at all!

I went out for 2 hours last night and he put her to bed and she just screamed. I was getting constant messages about her screaming 🤦🏻‍♀️

Along with a lot of swearing 😂

• Haha
My partner is the complete opposite. He has zero patience and can't cope with it at all!

I went out for 2 hours last night and he put her to bed and she just screamed. I was getting constant messages about her screaming 🤦🏻‍♀️

Mine is exactly the same 😖 It’s got to the point that I don’t want to leave him with her on an evening because it just gives me anxiety about what’s going on at home! He’s amazing at everything else just wish he had a bit more patience when she cries👎

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Mine is exactly the same 😖 It’s got to the point that I don’t want to leave him with her on an evening because it just gives me anxiety about what’s going on at home! He’s amazing at everything else just wish he had a bit more patience when she cries👎
Yup! Exactly the same! I seriously considered coming home early last night because I knew it would be easier to sort it myself

• Heart
Anyone got any advice for allergies? Tried my baby with scrAmbled egg earlier, he only had a small about and loved it but within minutes of him eating it, this rash popped up round his neck 😖 he does have a bit of a rashy neck anyway from dribble/milk but I was really surprised when this happened so quickly! He was absolutely fine in himself, didn’t seem phased at all, had his normal feeds, no temperature and within about 30 mins it had completely disappeared again. I’m gonna hang fire on adding any other allergens to his diet for a few days but would you try the egg again in a few days? I’m not really sure what to do. 🤷🏻‍♀️
AA0ACC26-9D0B-4D70-9BB7-2D1CEB424CCF.jpeg

Are you dating my partner? He’s just in from work and already losing patience after twenty mins

So glad I’m not alone in this.

Anyone got any advice for allergies? Tried my baby with scrAmbled egg earlier, he only had a small about and loved it but within minutes of him eating it, this rash popped up round his neck 😖 he does have a bit of a rashy neck anyway from dribble/milk but I was really surprised when this happened so quickly! He was absolutely fine in himself, didn’t seem phased at all, had his normal feeds, no temperature and within about 30 mins it had completely disappeared again. I’m gonna hang fire on adding any other allergens to his diet for a few days but would you try the egg again in a few days? I’m not really sure what to do. 🤷🏻‍♀️
View attachment 779467
I would speak to GP or HV for advice on that. I will say my eldest used to get a bad rash around her mouth/chin/cheeks any time she ate tomato or coleslaw, it would flare up anywhere that it touched and be bright red, then fade after about an hour, and that eventually just stopped. But eggs are such a “main” allergen that I would just speak to someone for advice on what’s best before goin again. I believe it’s often the second ingestion (is that the word?!) of allergens which causes real problems.

I would speak to GP or HV for advice on that. I will say my eldest used to get a bad rash around her mouth/chin/cheeks any time she ate tomato or coleslaw, it would flare up anywhere that it touched and be bright red, then fade after about an hour, and that eventually just stopped. But eggs are such a “main” allergen that I would just speak to someone for advice on what’s best before goin again. I believe it’s often the second ingestion (is that the word?!) of allergens which causes real problems.
😣 oh Jeeze! Ok I’ll speak to the gp on Monday. Thank you 😘

Literally can’t cope tonight. I’m rubbish at burping my own baby. Why can’t I do it

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.