New baby and post birth advice #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quite funny how you would love your 8 week old to sleep through the night but when they actually do you're worried something is wrong 🙈🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
So just need to get this out and written down. Since I last posted my baby has had 3 more seizures. One was at nursery pick up for my toddler and resulted in me sitting on the grass in front of all the collecting parents with her in the recovery position deep asleep (she basically passes out after the seizures). I am eschausted. I have been at a and e with her twice yesterday. I am so on edge that these seizures could come at any moment and Ive got myself signed off work until Friday as dont feel I can put her into nursery again until we have a run of a few days seizure free. Ive got an appt with a private dr on Thursday.
I am riddled with guilt about work, about my anxiety towards the baby, I feel guilty I don’t want to be alone with her and I’m terrified to go out with her.
OMG that's heartbreaking, my heart goes out to you and baby, I hope yous get answers and to the bottom of it. Yous must be exhausted! X

So just need to get this out and written down. Since I last posted my baby has had 3 more seizures. One was at nursery pick up for my toddler and resulted in me sitting on the grass in front of all the collecting parents with her in the recovery position deep asleep (she basically passes out after the seizures). I am eschausted. I have been at a and e with her twice yesterday. I am so on edge that these seizures could come at any moment and Ive got myself signed off work until Friday as dont feel I can put her into nursery again until we have a run of a few days seizure free. Ive got an appt with a private dr on Thursday.
I am riddled with guilt about work, about my anxiety towards the baby, I feel guilty I don’t want to be alone with her and I’m terrified to go out with her.
Can't imagine how horrible that must be!!
How old is she?
Have they given you any idea at all what could be causing it?

I swear babies once they’re asleep are meant to sleep through anything? I’ve managed to vacuum and Finn didn’t wake up. But sometimes he will do an hour in his bassinet sleeping soundly and the second the dog gets up and pitter patters across the hardwood floors Finn is awake. I feel like I can’t potter around and get stuff done cause it always disturbs him!

Reactions: 4
I swear babies once they’re asleep are meant to sleep through anything? I’ve managed to vacuum and Finn didn’t wake up. But sometimes he will do an hour in his bassinet sleeping soundly and the second the dog gets up and pitter patters across the hardwood floors Finn is awake. I feel like I can’t potter around and get stuff done cause it always disturbs him!
My daughter is the same. Slightest noise and she wakes up! She's such a light sleeper! Just me turning over in bed distrubs her!
My second slept through anything and everything!

Reactions: 2
Oh yeah, babies can sleep through fire alarms, the house being knocked down, hoovering, food processor… but breathe too loudly near them and they’re awake.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Can't imagine how horrible that must be!!
How old is she?
Have they given you any idea at all what could be causing it?
She’s 7.5 months. They keep saying it’s maybe childhood febrile convulsions but she’s not getting temps with them so not sure. I’m preparing myself for the possibility of epilepsy but tbh whatever it is we will feel better when we know and we can treat it and help her.

• Heart
She’s 7.5 months. They keep saying it’s maybe childhood febrile convulsions but she’s not getting temps with them so not sure. I’m preparing myself for the possibility of epilepsy but tbh whatever it is we will feel better when we know and we can treat it and help her.
Fingers crossed you get answers soon!! ❤

My daughters clothes today.
Walk into my partners Mums house. She looks her up and down and goes.. "When are you going to start dressing her like a girl?"

😑😑

She also hates the fact that my 3 year old daughter loves dinosaurs.
Hides any dinosaur toys she takes round and replaces them with dolls.
She has dolls love but she chooses to play with dinosaurs.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow

Walk into my partners Mums house. She looks her up and down and goes.. "When are you going to start dressing her like a girl?"

😑😑

Why are some people still stuck in 1950 gender stereotypes? Drives me mad! I get that that is how the older generation were raised, in the majority, and that it’s engrained in them… but still so maddening!
That said my SIL (our generation) does party bags for my niece and nephews birthdays. My son always gets “boys” stuff while the girls both get “girls” stuff. Then he’s gutted they have the same and he’s left out!

Reactions: 3

😑😑

Yes because giraffes and whales are only for boys. Oh this infuriates me completely. Firstly, that outfit is completely gorgeous and I’d like to know where it’s from. Secondly, the gender stuff we force on babies is so sad. In the library the amount of times I hear people (often it’s grans with little ones) saying ‘no don’t get that book it’s for boys’ cause there’s a monster or dinosaur on the cover. It’s awful to listen to cause it just crushes any joy the kids get from picking their own books at the library but also teaches them what they’re supposed to like and not like. Grinds my gears!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Yes because giraffes and whales are only for boys. Oh this infuriates me completely. Firstly, that outfit is completely gorgeous and I’d like to know where it’s from. Secondly, the gender stuff we force on babies is so sad. In the library the amount of times I hear people (often it’s grans with little ones) saying ‘no don’t get that book it’s for boys’ cause there’s a monster or dinosaur on the cover. It’s awful to listen to cause it just crushes any joy the kids get from picking their own books at the library but also teaches them what they’re supposed to like and not like. Grinds my gears!
It really annoys me too!
Annoyed me so much trying to find baby clothes for girls that weren't all pink!
And even black and white baby grows and vests in asda were classed as boys.

Same as my daughter loves PJ masks and Paw Patrol. But if she gets the 'girls' clothes. It only has the female characters on. And the 'boys' clothes only have the male characters on.

My Mum often makes little comments too. I rarely put them in dresses because to me, it's just not practical for a 3 year old or baby when they're playing or moving around. Anytime they're in dresses, my mums always like "Oh. Nice to see you in a nice girly dress for a change" 😑 any birthday or Christmas and she buys dresses

I also got it on Vinted But its originally from Next. Never worn £3 and free postage. Bargain! 👌🏻

😑😑

That’s a beautiful outfit! As if she hides the dinosaur toys! 😱
We have joked that if/when we have another baby and it’s a girl, it will wear exactly the same clothes as my boy does now 😄

also, @Hairraiser are you ok? Been thinking of you x

It really annoys me too!

Same as my daughter loves PJ masks and Paw Patrol. But if she gets the 'girls' clothes. It only has the female characters on. And the 'boys' clothes only have the male characters on.

My Mum often makes little comments too. I rarely put them in dresses because to me, it's just not practical for a 3 year old or baby when they're playing or moving around. Anytime they're in dresses, my mums always like "Oh. Nice to see you in a nice girly dress for a change" 😑 any birthday or Christmas and she buys dresses

I also got it on Vinted But its originally from Next. Never worn £3 and free postage. Bargain! 👌🏻
I am absolutely not a fan of dresses at all. My eldest went through a stage (for FOUR YEARS) where she wouldn’t wear anything but a dress. It drove me absolutely mad, because they are so impractical for parks, climbing trees, riding bikes etc. She gave up horse riding as she had to wear leggings 🤦🏻‍♀️ Thankfully she turned a corner at the start of this year and now she won’t wear them at all. Means all the hand me downs for my next daughter are dresses from age 4-8 though 🙄

• Haha
Definitely with you ladies on the gender stereotypes, my little boy loves frozen, every chance he gets hes wearing my neices dressing up elsas outfit

• Heart
It really annoys me too!

before I knew I was having a boy I’d look at baby clothes and despair, I just hated most of the ‘girls’ stuff cause it was all pink. No fun at all. I’ve said it before but grown ass women don’t dress in only pink and frills so I don’t know why we feel the need to subject it onto little girls.

oh bargain. I need to get myself on vinted.

I haven’t bought much new for Finn but just ordered some 2-4 month bits with no feet from H&M on you guys’ rec. their stuff is lovely. Got this and can’t wait for him to wear it:

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
before I knew I was having a boy I’d look at baby clothes and despair, I just hated most of the ‘girls’ stuff cause it was all pink. No fun at all. I’ve said it before but grown as women don’t dress in only pink and frills so I don’t know why we feel the need to subject it onto little girls.

oh bargain. I need to get myself on vinted.

I haven’t bought much new for Finn but just ordered some 2-4 month bits with no feet from H&M on you guys’ rec. their stuff is lovely. Got this and can’t wait for him to wear it:
That is adorable! I find H&M quite good for more gender neutral things, especially for babies. They have such a massive range that you can usually get something for everyone, whether that is more neutral stuff, or bright pink Minnie Mouse velour tracksuits 🤣

😑😑

This wee outfit is gorgeous!!! I love it! Wheres it from?!
I get the comments when I dress my daughter in leggings. Everyone's like "she should be in dresses" 🙄

Awk that's awful she's doing that with her toys, I hate how people stereotype kids toys, clothes and colours. My son who's 2 plays with babies and dolls at my sister and mums house and I don't even bat an eyelid. I got a few comments because we bought my son a toy kitchen! Let them be kids fgs. It's horrible!

Eta: just seen your comment where its from! X

Reactions: 1
@Hbirdette thank you for thinking of me! That’s really kind.
Unfortunately with everything that happened during my birth & the high risk of death for both me & baby, I had to have a medical termination 😥
I’m absolutely heartbroken but I know it’s what has to be done so that my boy still has a mum. Id had really awful pregnancy symptoms leading up to the termination aswell, I collapsed twice (once while holding my son) so it just isn’t safe for me to continue with a pregnancy this soon since the last one! The consultant did say that there’s no reason why I can’t have another one in a year or so, but if I do I need to be on iron tablets straight away. So all in all abit of a weird week tbh..from being told I’d never conceive naturally to having to do this kind of feels like I’m in a soap opera 🥴
Thanks for checking in though, I’m just making up for all the cuddles I’ve missed with my boy.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Unfortunately with everything that happened during my birth & the high risk of death for both me & baby, I had to have a medical termination 😥
I’m absolutely heartbroken but I know it’s what has to be done so that my boy still has a mum. Id had really awful pregnancy symptoms leading up to the termination aswell, I collapsed twice (once while holding my son) so it just isn’t safe for me to continue with a pregnancy this soon since the last one! The consultant did say that there’s no reason why I can’t have another one in a year or so, but if I do I need to be on iron tablets straight away. So all in all abit of a weird week tbh..from being told I’d never conceive naturally to having to do this kind of feels like I’m in a soap opera 🥴
Thanks for checking in though, I’m just making up for all the cuddles I’ve missed with my boy.
Sending so much love ❤❤❤

Oh darling, so very sorry to hear, you've really been through it. I hope you've been getting support. ❤

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.