New baby and post birth advice #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It really annoys me too!
Annoyed me so much trying to find baby clothes for girls that weren't all pink!
And even black and white baby grows and vests in asda were classed as boys.

Same as my daughter loves PJ masks and Paw Patrol. But if she gets the 'girls' clothes. It only has the female characters on. And the 'boys' clothes only have the male characters on.

My Mum often makes little comments too. I rarely put them in dresses because to me, it's just not practical for a 3 year old or baby when they're playing or moving around. Anytime they're in dresses, my mums always like "Oh. Nice to see you in a nice girly dress for a change" 😑 any birthday or Christmas and she buys dresses

I also got it on Vinted But its originally from Next. Never worn £3 and free postage. Bargain! 👌🏻
Lucky you. My 3 yr old girl literally refuses to wear anything but a dress. She has drawers full of lovely leggings and tops but goes into full meltdown if not allowed to wear a dresss.
Baby no2 is rarely out of a sleepsuit!

Reactions: 2
@Hbirdette thank you for thinking of me! That’s really kind.
Unfortunately with everything that happened during my birth & the high risk of death for both me & baby, I had to have a medical termination 😥
I’m absolutely heartbroken but I know it’s what has to be done so that my boy still has a mum. Id had really awful pregnancy symptoms leading up to the termination aswell, I collapsed twice (once while holding my son) so it just isn’t safe for me to continue with a pregnancy this soon since the last one! The consultant did say that there’s no reason why I can’t have another one in a year or so, but if I do I need to be on iron tablets straight away. So all in all abit of a weird week tbh..from being told I’d never conceive naturally to having to do this kind of feels like I’m in a soap opera 🥴
Thanks for checking in though, I’m just making up for all the cuddles I’ve missed with my boy.
So sorry to hear your news 😖 what a whirlwind for you all. And yes, I reckon cuddles with your boy will do you both the world of good 💗💗

So sorry to hear your news 😖 what a whirlwind for you all. And yes, I reckon cuddles with your boy will do you both the world of good 💗💗
I’m sure it’ll get easier for us in time but like I say, right now, I am focusing on my boy. He’s really coming along so well with his eating the last few days which has made me so happy!!
anyone else in the midst of weaning??
I thought I’d be freaking out about the mess but I’m surprisingly ok 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m sure it’ll get easier for us in time but like I say, right now, I am focusing on my boy. He’s really coming along so well with his eating the last few days which has made me so happy!!
We are weaning. She’s suddenly taking off with it but we are staying at my mums while we have a new kitchen put in so the mess is quite stressful!

We’ve been doing it for about 10 days now! Going quite well... the mess kills me but I don’t show it 😂 I feel like I have to think a lot more now. I was able to give a bottle wherever we were with no issue now I’m like hmmmm he needs to eat food and I need to prepare it 🥴 I’ve been batch cooking in the evening and just freezing it which is sooo much easier

@Hbirdette thank you for thinking of me! That’s really kind.
Unfortunately with everything that happened during my birth & the high risk of death for both me & baby, I had to have a medical termination 😥
I’m absolutely heartbroken but I know it’s what has to be done so that my boy still has a mum. Id had really awful pregnancy symptoms leading up to the termination aswell, I collapsed twice (once while holding my son) so it just isn’t safe for me to continue with a pregnancy this soon since the last one! The consultant did say that there’s no reason why I can’t have another one in a year or so, but if I do I need to be on iron tablets straight away. So all in all abit of a weird week tbh..from being told I’d never conceive naturally to having to do this kind of feels like I’m in a soap opera 🥴
Thanks for checking in though, I’m just making up for all the cuddles I’ve missed with my boy.
Sending you lots of love ❤

Reactions: 1
Yep we are 2.5 months in. He's only really taken off in the last week! He's finally actually eating things now - his poo has changed dramatically!! He's bveen very constipated as a result so have been giving lots of prunes and pears :ROFLMAO:
I am finding it's a constant clear up doing 3 meals a day - I have a big mat under the highchair which helps!

Yep we are 2.5 months in. He's only really taken off in the last week! He's finally actually eating things now - his poo has changed dramatically!! He's bveen very constipated as a result so have been giving lots of prunes and pears :ROFLMAO:
I am finding it's a constant clear up doing 3 meals a day - I have a big mat under the highchair which helps!
Yeah I know what you mean about the poo situ 🤣 my boys poo absolutely honks 🤣🤮
When it usually just smells of milky poo 😖
It seems abit more solid too..
I’ve also got a mat too, I paid £17 for mine which I feel robbed cause I’ve found ones cheaper, but it’s doing it’s job I guess 🤣🤣

Yeah I know what you mean about the poo situ 🤣 my boys poo absolutely honks 🤣🤮
When it usually just smells of milky poo 😖
It seems abit more solid too..
I’ve also got a mat too, I paid £17 for mine which I feel robbed cause I’ve found ones cheaper, but it’s doing it’s job I guess 🤣🤣
I paid similar from amazon!! Then saw that loads had cheaper ones. Ahh well!

How do I know when to go up a size in nappies? Do you just follow the weight on the packet or will it be obvious when the nappy is not right on the baby?

How do I know when to go up a size in nappies? Do you just follow the weight on the packet or will it be obvious when the nappy is not right on the baby?
There’s usually a line when you attach the sticky bit, if the sticky bit is behind it, it means you need to size up! That’s what it says on ours anyway..
but tbh, I just go by if it’s difficult for baby to kick out without it rubbing too much, sometimes they can leave little red marks on the legs or around the waistline.
I just bought a size up after my boy had wet through onto his cot, and I couldn’t believe the difference in ease of getting them on when they’re abit more generous 🤣

It's where the lines are. The packets normally say it it sits on the line, it's time to size up. I've always sized up before that point. Either if it's started leaking a lot or I feel it's tight in other areas ect

Well we went to the osteopath this afternoon.... not sure what to think! He did say it wouldn't look like he was doing much and well, he was right :ROFLMAO:Pretty sure I just paid £55 for him to give LO what looked like a cuddle 😂 He said she has loads of tension in her neck from the forceps delivery so that's what he'll work on and that should fix the issues with feeding etc. Baby seems a lot more chilled tonight so fingers crossed it will make a difference!

Reactions: 6
Nervous for today, have my meeting with the Matron of the maternity department and will come face to face with the midwife that put my baby at danger 😬😬 hopefully I can get some closure from what happened

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Nervous for today, have my meeting with the Matron of the maternity department and will come face to face with the midwife that put my baby at danger 😬😬 hopefully I can get some closure from what happened
Hope it goes well! Maybe write down some questions/things you'd like to get out of the meeting too

I hope it goes well x

Well we went to the osteopath this afternoon.... not sure what to think! He did say it wouldn't look like he was doing much and well, he was right :ROFLMAO:Pretty sure I just paid £55 for him to give LO what looked like a cuddle 😂 He said she has loads of tension in her neck from the forceps delivery so that's what he'll work on and that should fix the issues with feeding etc. Baby seems a lot more chilled tonight so fingers crossed it will make a difference!
That sounds very similar to what was “wrong” with my son, and same reason of the forceps. I remember it was like a wee stroke on his head and I honestly thought I’d been ripped off 🤣 hope it works well for her x

• Heart
Finn is now seemingly magnetised to mommy and will only sleep in the daytime if he’s on my chest. Nighttime he does go down ok mostly but in the day if we pop him in his carry cot he’ll just wake up instantly. Now I know this is totally normal but I literally can’t get anything done. It’s lovely snuggling with him but I’m just sat on the sofa like a potato for most of the day. Not productive at all. I’ve ordered a sling (the easiest one I could find) but does anyone have any tips for how long this might last or how to ease him into sleeping in his carrycot in the daytime?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
3lb 3oz weight gain in 6 weeks! Makes persevering with breast feeding worth it.

Expressed for the first time last night. Slightly weird watching the machine do its thing and the noise it made- felt like a cow being milked! 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Finn is now seemingly magnetised to mommy and will only sleep in the daytime if he’s on my chest. Nighttime he does go down ok mostly but in the day if we pop him in his carry cot he’ll just wake up instantly. Now I know this is totally normal but I literally can’t get anything done. It’s lovely snuggling with him but I’m just sat on the sofa like a potato for most of the day. Not productive at all. I’ve ordered a sling (the easiest one I could find) but does anyone have any tips for how long this might last or how to ease him into sleeping in his carrycot in the daytime?
I don't really know an age where you may be able to put him down as some just don't.
My daughter won't sleep, well, rarely sleeps during the day now. But I can put her down and she's occupied with things now a little. So I can do things like the washing up and stuff.
On her play may/gym too. So she's not asleep but I can get some things done 😂

Ergh I’ve had a stinking headache on and off all day today and as a result I feel like I’ve been a bit of a crappy mum 🙈 baby is totally fine. He’s just having A lot more time in front of the tv than usual 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.