Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

swimming

VIP Member
Hi everyone, not sure if people remember me from dipping in and out of the pregnancy thread but thought I’d hop in here (and hopefully check back as much as I can but things are tough.... see below lol)

My son is 13 weeks old, has been diagnosed with CMPA since week 8, and is on Neocate LCP formula. He’s also got acid reflux and is on omeprozole since week 6.

Basicslly, he does NOT stop crying. He winges from the minute he opens his eyes in the morning until bedtime. He fights his sleep during the day like a MF. Today he’s had a wake window of SIX hours and has been screaming and screaming in frustration because he’s so overtired.

I’m at witts end. I spend my daylight hours fighting with a 3 month old to sleep/ calm him down etc. I dread the day time from the second I wake up. He cries. And im not joking either. I sometimes can’t pick him up or put him down without a crescendo.

My husband is away at work and won’t be back for another 4 weeks and I’m going mad. Health visitor won’t help, GP just keeps saying “it’s colic” (fucking sick of hearing that word), and I’ve not been able to get a paediatric appointment at the hospital for another 2 weeks.

i admit I do give him the odd dose of calpol to try and get him to take his naps in the day, but 9 times out of 10 he only falls asleep after 2+ hours of howling in my face and then passes out exhausted in my arms. I can’t put him down for a sleep because he jolts awake within seconds and the crying starts again.

He’s now sleeping in bed with me at night (safely) and that’s the only way he will sleep longer than 15 minutes.

Could This be part of his CMPA? I just don’t know. He’s my first, and I’ve never known a baby fight sleep like him. He’s just spent 45 minutes kicking and swinging his arms about screaming in frustration because he’s so tired. His little face is swollen with tiredness.

I just can’t cope :-(

As I said above I’ll try and check this thread as much as I can to keep up with you all but my days are spent either fighting with him or crying myself haha.... happy times! 🙄🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Kitt

VIP Member
Yesterday Finn didn’t sleep at all, all day. He was fussy and eating super often (think it might have been a bit of a growth spurt day) and he woke up more than often in the night. If I put him down he instantly woke up. It was tough. Today I’ve persisted with trying to put him down instead of only sleeping on me and he’s been so much better. He did wake up once but I left him to it and he went back to sleep! I managed a nap myself which was great. Such a better day. Fingers crossed this means he might start sleeping more regularly in his bassinet in the daytime 🤞🏻

• Heart

Icbaaaa

VIP Member
My daughter absolutely loves being in the jumperoo, she goes wild for about 5-10 mins then I look over because it's silent and she's completely sound asleep 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Kitt

VIP Member
Going back to the whole feeding to sleep thing, why is this perceived as a bad thing anyway? Is it just because it means baby will be unlikely to go to sleep any other way and you’re creating a rod for your own back? I feed to sleep all the time tbh but she does also fall asleep without on occasion.
I find so many people think that babies will only fall asleep in that way if you do a certain thing. I’m letting my baby sleep on me in the day to make sure he gets a good sleep in cause otherwise he can be fussy but my mom’s like ‘oh he’ll only sleep on you forever’ she also suggests babies are almost manipulative. A lot of older women say that babies know that if they cry they’ll get their own way. Babies aren’t cognitive enough to make that decision to be ‘manipulative’ - they just know what comforts them and makes them feel safe and I don’t know why people are so reticent to let babies feel comforted and safe. It’s all very old fashioned.

WhatABore

VIP Member
No purpose of this but to rant 😂
Last night Everleigh was awake 12-3am then 5-6.30am then my 3 year old got up at 7am.
I jokingly said to my partner this morning (who didn't move off the sofa until 10.40am as we were still upstairs and he sleeps down there. ) I said.. Ahh after that night, I need a nap.
He went.. "a nap? You're not the only one, I was hot" 😑
Tonight I went to bed at 10. Eventually managed to fall asleep around 11.30 andddd Everleigh wakes up 20 minutes later 😑
But guess who's downstairs playing Fifa and will again be complaining he's not slept? 😑😑

• Heart
  • Sad

OIM

Thank you all for being so lovely. I honestly feel like my life is drama after drama right now. Baby is doing so much better than when we were admitted and we had the feeding tube. She’s only taking 30-60ml most feeds but she’s actually feeding which is a huge positive.
@Definitelyme we are now at 5 seizures in the space of 8 days. I have to reassure myself them sending us home means they don’t think it’s life threatening or damaging for her.

• Heart
  • Sad

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
Well I survived and no leaks 🤣 I did have to go and pump about half way through my day. Just went to the welfare tent (I was at Transmt in Glasgow City centre so fairly big) explained the situation and they gave me my own private tent to express in 🤣
Got home and other half said "you've got it so easy, all you need to do is get your boob out. She just screamed for half an hour while I tried to get a bottle ready" serves him right for being an arse last night 🤣

• Heart

Kitt

VIP Member
I think there are a lot of idiots out there and I think midwives probably can’t be too careful. They must see some things and wonder about these people looking after newborns.

At my induction, in the bed opposite me there was a perfectly nice couple, mid twenties. She had come in for her induction and then asked what it actually was and asked all these questions. All the answers to her questions were in the leaflet you get given when you get booked in for an induction or she could’ve googled if she had questions. But anyway, why was she agreeing to an induction and minutes away from having a pessary inserted before she thought to ask what the hell was happening?! She also didn’t bring her blood sugar checker cause she didn’t think she’d need it and when she had low blood sugar they asked if she felt low and she said ‘what would that feel like?’ I just wonder what she’s like now with her baby. ‘How much has baby been eating?’ ‘Oh I don’t know, how do I check that?’ Just a real lack of curiosity and just wanted all info spoon fed to her. And that’s probably why midwives tell you the most obvious shit sometimes cause some people really aren’t able to think for themselves.

(wow rant over lol)

Hbirdette

VIP Member
I think there are a lot of idiots out there and I think midwives probably can’t be too careful. They must see some things and wonder about these people looking after newborns.

At my induction, in the bed opposite me there was a perfectly nice couple, mid twenties. She had come in for her induction and then asked what it actually was and asked all these questions. All the answers to her questions were in the leaflet you get given when you get booked in for an induction or she could’ve googled if she had questions. But anyway, why was she agreeing to an induction and minutes away from having a pessary inserted before she thought to ask what the hell was happening?! She also didn’t bring her blood sugar checker cause she didn’t think she’d need it and when she had low blood sugar they asked if she felt low and she said ‘what would that feel like?’ I just wonder what she’s like now with her baby. ‘How much has baby been eating?’ ‘Oh I don’t know, how do I check that?’ Just a real lack of curiosity and just wanted all info soon fed to her. And that’s probably why midwives tell you the most obvious shit sometimes cause some people really aren’t able to think for themselves.

(wow rant over lol)
Yep I heard convos like this in hospital too. As awful as it sounds, if you rescue a dog you get questioned and checked out by the shelter.... but it seems anyone can have a child 🙈🙈 quite sad really

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Hoping it’s just the heat that have thrown things off track in our household.

Baby is exclusively bf but would not settle last night at all. I’m no expert by any means but I’m convinced I’d run out of milk (5 weeks of feeding and it has been going well). He was rooting and rooting and just couldn’t seem to get anything. I caved him and gave him a small bottle of formula which settled him.

Have breastfed him this morning so will just have to see what today brings. I’m hoping it’s not an issue with my supply and just a blip.

Just when you feel like you’re getting the hang of something, things change and throw everything up in the air again 🥴
You can’t run out of milk just like that, please don’t worry! Remember boobs are not jugs, they don’t ever empty. Think of them like a river, constantly flowing, but sometimes with more in there than other times. Unsettled behaviour at the breast is not an indicator of low supply at all, it’s a way for babies to increase supply as they grow. The only indicators of low supply are poor weight gain, and poor output. You do not need to panic about your supply if it’s all going well other than last night ❤ I’ve attached a wee infographic below for you

@123456!!12/ how was last night lovely?

And did all the too hot babies settle in the heat eventually? Not to be a total dick, but last night was the first night in about 2 weeks we’ve actually had a settled night 🙌🏻
F22A35BC-6CF9-46DB-90A7-1D9E620A5C58.png

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Someone bought us a wee all in one (no feet so not quite a sleepsuit) but it is one that the whole thing goes over the head. And that is just a pain in the arse. Then it has poppers along the legs…. SIXTEEN OF THE FECKING THINGS! 16!

• Haha

123456!!12/

Is there anything I can do for my little one who’s caught a cold? She’s 3 and a half weeks old and it’s awful listening to her breathe through her blocked nose 😩 She’s still feeding well and no temperature thankfully, but she seems to struggle at night and breathes really fast. I’m going to head to the pharmacy this morning to ask for some advice but thought I’d ask if anyone has any tips on here as well
we used saline spray and a nose sucker (the woman at boots said the nose sucker wasn’t necessary, she just sucked it out using her mouth:sick:… safe to say we bought the nose sucker)

• Sick
  • Haha

Ilando

VIP Member
One advantage to night feeds: wide awake at 5.30am so baby and me went to fill husbands car up with petrol (no hate please as he works at a hospital so needs his car and his light was on!)

mg89

Chatty Member
I think you have to put the hot water in first to keep the bottle sterile. If you add the powder technically the bottle won’t be sterile anymore :)
Yep my understanding is that water needs to be 70 degrees or higher and mixed with the formula to kill any bacteria in the formula.

We had a poo so bad that it was up to his shoulders the other week - he is now crawling and rolls every single nappy change and did on this occasion too - I didn't realise how bad it was until he flipped himself over and I saw it coming over the neckline. I had no energy so put him in the shower and hosed him down with his vest still on 🙈 he bloody loved it!

We vary in how many times he goes, sometimes once a day, sometimes 4, sometimes nothing for 3 days due to constipation from weaning. All I can say guys is enjoy those milk poos as the weaning/food poos are GRIM!!

• Haha

Pinkii

VIP Member
Hi all, just looking for some advice re weaning and first time posting in this thread!!

So my daughter took really well to pretty much all fruit/veg purées at 6 months. We’ve been trying her on more textured purée for the last 2 weeks (she’s coming up to 7.5 months) but she’s just having none of it! She will have a little bit of mashed banana mixed in with purée but that’s literally it. I’ve made up so many different foods now that end up getting thrown away 😩 she also refuses to eat any other flavours that aren’t standard fruit or veg. I know it’s early days but it’s exhausting! Haven’t really done any BLW as it makes me too nervous but any advice welcomed ☺ or anyone else in the same position?
you’re doing so well.

When I weaned my first i used to spend hours making different food and doing purees and she’d have one mouthful And it would go to waste, and it was not a great motivation and i think between 7-12 months i relied a lot on pouches as I hated wasting so much food.

i was also very cautious of blw due to being nervous and only really gave her finger foods around 9/10 months

she still really loved her milk so i stopped worrying as much, so many mums try to do everything by the book, and because they say they MUST have 3 meals etc by a certain age they had to stick to that, but to me was bullocks. Even when she was weaned off milk she still didnt eat much and now at 3 she eats well but that only happened in the last year or so, she was very fussy at a certain point and would only have beige food or would have 1-2 meals a day. one week she’d eat loads then the following week she would have one mouthful at meal times.

I honestly hated the whole weaning and eating until recently.

i know its easier said than done but try to think of it as a fun experience and dont put too much pressure on yourself. That’s how I am going into it 2nd time around.

• Heart

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
I think I've managed a grand total of 10 hours sleep in the past week😂.
Twin 2 had been a nightmare with wind was taking us over an hour to settle her. She's now settling absolutely grand and twin 1 has decided she wants to be awkward 😂 Add in the fact the iron supplements they have to have daily makes them vomit and they've both got the world's worst diarrhoea, the words explosive nappy doesn't even begin to cover it 😂. I'm putting the lottery on this weekend this mama needs a night nanny 😂

• Heart