Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hbirdette

VIP Member
So just need to get this out and written down. Since I last posted my baby has had 3 more seizures. One was at nursery pick up for my toddler and resulted in me sitting on the grass in front of all the collecting parents with her in the recovery position deep asleep (she basically passes out after the seizures). I am eschausted. I have been at a and e with her twice yesterday. I am so on edge that these seizures could come at any moment and Ive got myself signed off work until Friday as dont feel I can put her into nursery again until we have a run of a few days seizure free. Ive got an appt with a private dr on Thursday.
I am riddled with guilt about work, about my anxiety towards the baby, I feel guilty I don’t want to be alone with her and I’m terrified to go out with her.
Oh my goodness I’m so sorry you’re going through this at the minute. Can’t imagine how you are feeling 😞 I really hope this appt on Thursday will help. Your poor baby, sending lots of love xxx

Hello, first time posting here for me :) baby is 3 days old and he’s gorgeous and doing well in so many ways. Unfortunately his cord is infected by the looks of things. I’ve contacted the midwife office and am hoping for a call back but the waiting is annoying. Need him seen today and don’t know what to do in the mean time. I might give it to 12 and call 111 if I don’t hear off a midwife. I want him getting treated today.
Big congratulations hope the birth went well, nice to see you over here xx

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
Thank you for the advice on weaning ladies 💗

Swimming was a success! No tears, he just looked completely knackered but still lots of smiles 😊 cause of covid you’re not allowed to use the lockers, stupid really, so that was annoying that I had to bring everything to poolside
I'm going to take my wee one swimming soon....but what do you put them in? Like a wetsuit type thing or a swimming costume?!

littlepup

VIP Member
Our self settling seems to have worked and we’re getting one wake up at 3ish then around 7 where I bring her in with me and we get up about 9. She will not go to sleep before 11pm though no matter how long since her last nap and will barely nap in the day at all. I’ve also got to move her back to the new big cot which is now in another room. We had to reinstate the next to me after buggering my wrist getting her out of the cot but she can crawl out of it and pull herself up so it’s overdue to move. I don’t want to though partly because we’ve just sorted her sleep I don’t want to disrupt it again, partly, selfishly, I don’t want to have to full on get up in the night to feed her and partly I’ll just miss her and want her to stay tiny.

I'm going to take my wee one swimming soon....but what do you put them in? Like a wetsuit type thing or a swimming costume?!
Some pools inc our water babies one have rules of ‘double wrapped’ which is a swim nappy and the kind of scuba material shorts over the top which have leg and waist cuffs to stop anything escaping.
We go swimming at a local pool you can hire with no rules, used a wetsuit at first but it’s pointless so just a swim nappy now. Swim nappies don’t hold wet, just solids so I will get some of those trunks as I can’t say what comes out of baby is totally solid as yet 🙈
I’ll be getting a bright colour though as this pic below of visibility in the water freaks me out!
A710C542-9A18-4F01-A449-08CC28259565.jpeg

@Upintheair83 I think it’s normal for periods to take a while but the GP can tell if you’re menopausal from a blood test usually. Might be different PP but you could always ask if you’re concerned.

Last edited:

OIM

I’m sure it’ll get easier for us in time but like I say, right now, I am focusing on my boy. He’s really coming along so well with his eating the last few days which has made me so happy!!
anyone else in the midst of weaning??
I thought I’d be freaking out about the mess but I’m surprisingly ok 🤣🤣🤣
We are weaning. She’s suddenly taking off with it but we are staying at my mums while we have a new kitchen put in so the mess is quite stressful!

wakametango

Chatty Member
Thank you! I did order some on Saturday but they're not being delivered now until tomorrow 🙄. I've spent the weekend power pumping, massaging. Eating more oats than i care to remember 😂. I'm hoping the GP will help when he calls back as we can't use off the shelf formula atm due to their weights & prematurity so I'm hoping for the prescribed tablets and some formula to combi feed for now, which tbh combi feeding was always the plan as there's two of them it's beyond draining
I’ve been out all day and tried to find your posts but can’t really see… how did call with GP go?