New baby and post birth advice #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the subject of poo… how often do your LO’s go?! Mine is 9 weeks and goes every 4 days (forumula fed) and when she does it always explodes out of the nappy which doesn’t surprise me when it’s 4 days worth of tit but it’s a nightmare 😭
4 weeks old and usually once a day but five times today 😳 combi fed about 10% breastmilk and 90% formula

Reactions: 1
On the poo talk. Touch wooood we're 5 months in and have only had 1 teeeny leak of poop. Not a single poo explosion!
I feel it's something to be proud of 😂

Althoughhhh she did fire it out about a week old all over me, the bed, and even some on my glasses 😩😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
On the subject of poo… how often do your LO’s go?! Mine is 9 weeks and goes every 4 days (forumula fed) and when she does it always explodes out of the nappy which doesn’t surprise me when it’s 4 days worth of tit but it’s a nightmare 😭
Every day or every other day also formula fed I’m still using the ready to feed because they are so much easier but it’s expensive 🤨 not sure how long I can sustain that to be fair so need to use the prep machine x

Every day or every other day also formula fed I’m still using the ready to feed because they are so much easier but it’s expensive 🤨 not sure how long I can sustain that to be fair so need to use the prep machine x
I used the ready made bottles for basically 4 weeks as I couldn’t decide whether to persevere with breastfeeding. Went to kendamil and prep machine yesterday, it’s so easy! Might keep bottles for days out while I can as I’m avoiding understanding how to prepare formula on the go x

Reactions: 2
3 weeks tomorrow, breastfeeding and goes at least every time she’s fed, if not more 😅 She also farts a lot 😂 No explosions yet…

Reactions: 3
Most memorable poonami - nappy off and legs up, going to wipe, she squirted it straight up the baggy sleeve of my dressing gown, I jumped and moved and she fired again everywhere else 😂🙈

Only thing I’ve found to get it out on occasion is not let it dry then fairy liquid. I guess it breaks down the fat/grease from the milk.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I used the ready made bottles for basically 4 weeks as I couldn’t decide whether to persevere with breastfeeding. Went to kendamil and prep machine yesterday, it’s so easy! Might keep bottles for days out while I can as I’m avoiding understanding how to prepare formula on the go x
We have the same system here I’ve bought kendermil too and I have used the prep machine but at night I can barely function so the rest made ones are handy for now but Christ yes we have spent a small fortune on them! What do you do like on the go my friend had a formula storage box and just added it to warm water in the bottle 💁🏽‍♀️ X

As loose as her poo is we haven’t had any terrible accidents, it dribbles out onto the mat worst case… but vomit. Wow, she threw up three loads the other night of curdled milk, it went all over my chest and pooled in my bra, as I was in shock and didn’t move quick enough she began flopping her sweaty head about in it. Mr Tango came out of the shower to a crime scene 😂 bath for her and shower for me at midnight!

We have the same system here I’ve bought kendermil too and I have used the prep machine but at night I can barely function so the rest made ones are handy for now but Christ yes we have spent a small fortune on them! What do you do like on the go my friend had a formula storage box and just added it to warm water in the bottle 💁🏽‍♀️ X
Yeah us too, I kept demanding them from the shop and then yeah when desperate we just opened new ones and gave her them at room temp… I’ve asked my sister in law what she does when on the go because Google is blowing my mind, keep talking about flasks… apparently it has to be hot water first of all to kill the bacteria in the formula, sounds like a ball ache! X

4 weeks, currently both breast fed & every feed currently. Slight explosion on Grandma today though😂

So far so good with the Love to Dream!! I think she’s realised she can’t break out of it 😂 also I’ve put her in a GIANT reusable nappy tonight and she looks like a poor little turtle on her back 🤣

• Haha
I use the readymade bottles when we are out as making up a bottle seems like a right faff. The easiest way seems to be to take a flask of boiling hot water and another one of cooled boiled water and make it up that way but the ready made ones are just so much easier (but bloody expensive!)
I have the prep machine at home and measure the formula out into pots before the night feeds so I don’t have to stand there counting scoops when I’m half asleep x

ready made is much much easier on their tummies so that might explain the explosions. You might find that when you switch to formula she doesn’t go for a few days or it becomes like nuggets. That’s totally normal as it’s harder for them to digest. If you give her one ready made bottle a day while that’s happening it’ll help her tummy and then when her poos go soft just go to formula only. Finn’s on one good poo a day now after an initial struggle when switching to formula. The ready made are so expensive! Prep machine is super super easy.

My 9 week old has suddenly become such a noisy sleeper - he’s snorting like a little pig but is fast asleep. It’s definitely not wind, he doesn’t have a cold (tried the snot sucker), he’s just suddenly become a noisy sleeper. I’ve been awake since 2am 😩😩😩

Reactions: 3
I use the readymade bottles when we are out as making up a bottle seems like a right faff. The easiest way seems to be to take a flask of boiling hot water and another one of cooled boiled water and make it up that way but the ready made ones are just so much easier (but bloody expensive!)
I have the prep machine at home and measure the formula out into pots before the night feeds so I don’t have to stand there counting scoops when I’m half asleep x
I did wonder if I could preload the bottles with just formula before I go to bed so it’s one less job as the tub can be tricky to do one handed.

My 9 week old has suddenly become such a noisy sleeper - he’s snorting like a little pig but is fast asleep. It’s definitely not wind, he doesn’t have a cold (tried the snot sucker), he’s just suddenly become a noisy sleeper. I’ve been awake since 2am 😩😩😩
She's always been like this, sounds like something out the exorcist half the time 🤣

We’ve been having so much trouble with nappies leaking at night. He sleeps on his side and some mornings he’s soaked to his armpit. He’s not fussed, and it’s not a huge hassle…. But we cosleep and this morning he’s leaked so much and we’d been so close together that I was soaked through with wee 😬😬😬

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Mine was like this too last night. She’s SO loud and when I go and check on her she’s fast asleep! 😂

We’ve been having so much trouble with nappies leaking at night. He sleeps on his side and some mornings he’s soaked to his armpit. He’s not fussed, and it’s not a huge hassle…. But we cosleep and this morning he’s leaked so much and we’d been so close together that I was soaked through with wee 😬😬😬
I reckon you just wet yourself and you’re blaming the baby!

just kidding, my one also sleeps on his side and every now and then he leaks up the side. I do worry about him doing it on me at some point too!

• Haha
I did wonder if I could preload the bottles with just formula before I go to bed so it’s one less job as the tub can be tricky to do one handed.
I think you have to put the hot water in first to keep the bottle sterile. If you add the powder technically the bottle won’t be sterile anymore :)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.