New baby and post birth advice #29 If you burn your butt, you have to sit on the blisters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well weirdly enough he was actually more comfortable in the car seat as it must have stabilised his leg enough to stop any pressure on it. He was laughing and joking with his sister on the drive to the hospital, to the point I actually thought “maybe I’m overreacting” and even when we got there I said “he’s probably just pulled a muscle”.
And when I was holding him still, again it wasn’t so sore, so putting him in to the car seat was actually ok.
To add to the fun, I was 28 weeks pregnant with current 3Me at the time, so couldn’t go in any of his X-rays with him. It was a super fun time 🤣
One of my worst days was when my mate was pregnant and a single mum with a two year old, and I had to take the toddler in for an X-ray for her (they'd told her there was no spare staff to do it). She'd broken her elbow 6 weeks prior and had it in a cast in the crooked position. They cut it off and then I had to hold her arm down in the flat position that it hadn't been in for 6 weeks, poor wee thing just sobbed and sobbed the whole time and I could see my mate crying through the little glass window too 😭

Thank you, She’s home, she cried lots, dried tears on her face. I feel like tit about it all x
Mate 😞 ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've just found a bag of mini eggs left over from Easter whilst cleaning my kitchen cupboards out.
I may or may not be hiding from all 3 children in the cupboard under my stairs eating them as quietly as I can

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm now thinking I haven't over thought these scenarios enough 😂

Although my brain normally goes more like... What if they chop their hand off and I'm by myself. And I have to drive to the hospital. How do I manage 😂
My husband does a lot of work for people on word of mouth, so works for lots of people on the same streets. He was working one day and a neighbouring house phoned him. Their son (who is an adult but has learning difficulties) had phoned them distressed that he’d had an accident. The person wasn’t home, but phoned MrMe knowing he was next door and asking could he go and check in. MrMe went round, and the guy had cut his thumb off with a circular saw! 😨😨😨 MrMe phoned an ambulance they told him he had to find the thumb, while trying to stop the bleeding and calm the guy down. Quite the story for him 🤣

Thank you, She’s home, she cried lots, dried tears on her face. I feel like tit about it all x
Sending love.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Paid our deposit for baby Bs nursery place today. It’s not until the new year but I want to cry that I won’t be with him all day already

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Sometimes I regret kids.

Driving in the car and the 4yo says "Mummy. I need to you take this off me"
So me driving, I put my hand back so she can put whatever it is in my hand.
Snot.
It was snot.
A bit thick slimy bit of snot she wiped onto my hand.
🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Hope you’re both okay now ❤ It’s so tough on everyone involved but hopefully won’t take too long to get used to it.

we’re on nursery day three now! It hasn’t been as bad as I imagined (famous last words? ) 😰 I really miss her but I am weirdly enjoying doing my own thing during the day…for now

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Can I ask a really weird question? Baby C has just discovered his hands, so they're in his mouth a lot etc. Last night I woke to the sound of him trying to suck his hand through his swaddle up bag. Anyway, this morning that bit of the material was tinged pink(!) He's not had anything pink, the only thing he has except breastmilk is Infacol. What on earth could it be?! 🧐

Can I ask a really weird question? Baby C has just discovered his hands, so they're in his mouth a lot etc. Last night I woke to the sound of him trying to suck his hand through his swaddle up bag. Anyway, this morning that bit of the material was tinged pink(!) He's not had anything pink, the only thing he has except breastmilk is Infacol. What on earth could it be?! 🧐
Could he of sucked and irritated his gums perhaps and there's been a small bleed? Or even thrush perhaps T1 had little blisters with her oral thrush a few weeks ago and we had little bits of blood from them

Reactions: 1
Could he of sucked and irritated his gums perhaps and there's been a small bleed? Or even thrush perhaps T1 had little blisters with her oral thrush a few weeks ago and we had little bits of blood from them
That's a good shout, I'll try to have a look later. Realised my post probably sounds a bit neurotic, thank you for humouring me. 🙈

That's a good shout, I'll try to have a look later. Realised my post probably sounds a bit neurotic, thank you for humouring me. 🙈
It honestly doesn't sound neurotic at all, Mr TY spotted the blood and I had a full on melt down till he googled it and found out thrush can create blisters and they bleed same with teething 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So I’ve come to realise little pidge just doesn’t want her milk in a bottle anymore, she will only have it from an open cup (the whole 5oz+- she’s been on a bit of a strike) which i feel I’ve made a rod for my own back because she just cannot hold it to save her life and when I do give it her she shakes it,.. Is this the end of the bottles? Giving a bottle is just a joke, it takes too long and she just rolls away and just basically protests to having it.
Is there anything similar to an open cup which is more manageable, like a small free flowing spout? I did buy one but it comes out in small bits and it’s just not good… straws are a no go for her 😂 she just doesn’t understand it. I’ve tried the munchkin 360 too and again, she doesn’t understand it! Poor thing 😂 I feel a bit fucked here 😣

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
I just do knobwaffles not follow instructions properly?? I said the baby needs a nap at 3pm he will get tired and crabby… I come back at 4pm and the baby is wide awake still (3 hr+ wake window instead of like 2 hours 🤨) screaming his head off. Finally he falls aslee only to wake 20 min later because KW held him and was talking soooo loudly. Now we’re on nap 4 FML why do they ruin things 😤😤😤

• Angry
  • Sad
So I’ve come to realise little pidge just doesn’t want her milk in a bottle anymore, she will only have it from an open cup (the whole 5oz+- she’s been on a bit of a strike) which i feel I’ve made a rod for my own back because she just cannot hold it to save her life and when I do give it her she shakes it,.. Is this the end of the bottles? Giving a bottle is just a joke, it takes too long and she just rolls away and just basically protests to having it.
Is there anything similar to an open cup which is more manageable, like a small free flowing spout? I did buy one but it comes out in small bits and it’s just not good… straws are a no go for her 😂 she just doesn’t understand it. I’ve tried the munchkin 360 too and again, she doesn’t understand it! Poor thing 😂 I feel a bit fucked here 😣
We got one of these because Everleigh couldn't work out how to drink anything else 😂 she's only just figured out straws. Couldn't work out the 360 cups either.
But these and the Mam versions so could drink from because the teet is the same texture as a bottle. And it comes out fast enough for her as she loves to guzzle water 😂

Attachments

Reactions: 1
I just do knobwaffles not follow instructions properly?? I said the baby needs a nap at 3pm he will get tired and crabby… I come back at 4pm and the baby is wide awake still (3 hr+ wake window instead of like 2 hours 🤨) screaming his head off. Finally he falls aslee only to wake 20 min later because KW held him and was talking soooo loudly. Now we’re on nap 4 FML why do they ruin things 😤😤😤
They just don’t think sometimes. I nipped out at 3pm, our kids always have a snack around 3-3.30pm. I get back at 4 and everyone is crying and miserable. “Did you do their snack?” “Oh. No.”
No wonder they are all raging, pure starving. So it’s 4pm but we have dinner at about 5 each day so he gives them a teeny snack, then complains when they want more because they are so hungry 🤦🏻‍♀️ Haven’t a clue sometimes.

Has anyone tried the takingcarababies newborn sleep course? Little Bluebird is now really struggling to sleep / nap during the day.

She’s about to hit leap 1 so maybe that has something to do with it, but her nighttime sleep is pretty restless too. It is a bit of a heatwave here in NL so could be that as well. She has slept about 2 hours today. I think she’s suffering from gas, too, and the pediatrician said to just let her work it out naturally which, fine, but it’s interrupting her sleep.

I’m exhausted, too, & already stressing about the middle of September when I’m 100% on my own with ZERO support system here. In- laws live way too far & friends all work FT. I’m not sure how I’m going to do it for 9 weeks. I know others have, & I’ll find a way, but it’s starting to stress me out, especially if she’s still not sleeping consistently.

But she’s so little & perfect & innocent that it’s all somehow okay??

Reactions: 2
Does anyone have any wisdom to share re babies sleeping at nursery? They are only managing to get her to take one 30 min nap per day so far. She’s only been back a couple of days so it might get better as she settles but I’m not sure…I have always fed her to sleep and I usually stay in the room so if she wakes too early I feed her back to sleep. She’s got a comforter but she doesn’t particularly care for it. I only send it with her because it will smell of home.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.