New baby and post birth advice #29 If you burn your butt, you have to sit on the blisters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
BabyPower finally slept! He managed to go 8-2:30, feed and then 3-7:30 🙌

Of course ToddlerPower was up twice in the night 🤦 but that was MrPower's problem 🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ah that’s so annoying, it’s in most shops (Asda, co op, etc.). The only reason I rate them is because you can give them every 2 hours. The A&P granules didn’t seem to do lil pidge justice even though I assume they’re the same thing? 😂
I don’t think you can combine the gel and granules as I think you’d be double dosing! But you can give calpol and powder/gel at the same time.
I think if he’s really not settling, I’d give the Calpol as well. All babies react so differently to teething, I mentioned on here a while back my friends little boy ended up in A&E with each tooth as his temp couldn’t be brought down (always ended up with an illness too!), whereas her other little boy just woke up with more teeth and no symptoms!
get some anbesol liquid in for a rainy day.. I think you can use that from 5 months. It’s powerful stuff- my husband had a toothache and it went straight away with it 😂View attachment 1486950
Our tescos rubbish clearly! I’ll ask the pharmacy for anbesol so we have it in, I bought oragel years ago and the benzocaine made my entire mouth numb, like I’d inhaled a bag of narcotics 🤣🤣
I ended up in A&E when I cut my first tooth for the same thing so the fears real.
I didn’t realise it’d be double dosing I’m just going to try the powder today and see what that does 🤞🏼
My MIL is coming round to look after him so I can go to the gym while my KW works upstairs so he can be their problem for an hour 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Twin2 has got right back on top with her feeding! I cannot tell you how big of a change its made to my mental health, the second she shows a sign of being out of the ordinary I go into panic mood and I can feel all the feelings coming back.

They're so close to turning 1 it truly has been a strange year, I was talking to a friend last night and it still kills me that I didn't hear that first cry when they were born, and I didn't get to see Twin2s face without any breathing equipment for a week. But give me a genie in a bottle & I'd have my 3lbers back in a heart beat they're too grown now.

@miss_americana well done for yesterday! I can only imagine the feelings in the pit of your stomach! So sorry about your FIL all you can do is be there for Mr A❤

@Definitelyme I really hope you manage to avoid another dose of Mastitis 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Our tescos rubbish clearly! I’ll ask the pharmacy for anbesol so we have it in, I bought oragel years ago and the benzocaine made my entire mouth numb, like I’d inhaled a bag of narcotics 🤣🤣
I ended up in A&E when I cut my first tooth for the same thing so the fears real.
I didn’t realise it’d be double dosing I’m just going to try the powder today and see what that does 🤞🏼
My MIL is coming round to look after him so I can go to the gym while my KW works upstairs so he can be their problem for an hour 😂
oh stop 😂 I hope little belle has it easier. When my friend told me about her little one, the fear and anxiety I felt was so real 😂considering how many little pidge got in such a short time, she’s handled it quite well but I can’t lie, there were days were I was like “na” and we literally ate mini milks (also fantastic for teething/calipos too!) and watched Netflix all day🥴 I’m dreading the back teeth though, I’ve heard it’s horrific!!!
Also the double dosing, i think that’s right, but I’m honestly not 100%, that’s why I never combined both gel and powder but calpol is definitely your friend here!

enjoy your free teething baby hour, maybe push it to two and get stuck in traffic 💃🏼

@I’mThankyou_, so glad to see T2s milk uptake is back, tell her to have a word with little pidge will ya 🙄 these babies man!! Does the worrying ever end?!!!

Last edited:
@I’mThankyou_, so glad to see T2s milk uptake is back, tell her to have a word with little pidge will ya 🙄 these babies man!! Does the worrying ever end?!!!
No🤣
My mother's words were this week "oh I've been so worried about you and I don't know why"
Thanks Mam, I can't do 30 years of needlessly worrying I'll be dead🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Had a bit of an interesting evening. Little Bluebird took a long time to settle and nothing was working. She ate around 8:30pm and then wouldn’t settle. I fell asleep running her belly to settle her. She then woke up us up st 1:00 with her usual noises and I thought she was hungry. It typically takes her awhile before she’s ready to eat soon put her binkie back in a few times and then she screamed bloody murder. We fed and she was fine and fell back asleep.

Same thing happened again at 3:00. Screamed bloody murder and then I picked her up and she was asleep. OH took her downstairs so I could keep sleeping and she slept until 7:00am.

We have no idea what was bothering her her why she screamed & cried so much. Can 5 week olds get night terrors?
They don't get night terrors until at least 18 months so don't worry in that case.
Could just be that she's finding her voice and she's testing it. Could be a little bit of wind or being hungry and she's decided she can now scream 😂

Reactions: 4
oh stop 😂 I hope little belle has it easier. When my friend told me about her little one, the fear and anxiety I felt was so real 😂considering how many little pidge got in such a short time, she’s handled it quite well but I can’t lie, there were days were I was like “na” and we literally ate mini milks (also fantastic for teething/calipos too!) and watched Netflix all day🥴 I’m dreading the back teeth though, I’ve heard it’s horrific!!!
Also the double dosing, i think that’s right, but I’m honestly not 100%, that’s why I never combined both gel and powder but calpol is definitely your friend here!

enjoy your free teething baby hour, maybe push it to two and get stuck in traffic 💃🏼
Reminded me of the Garlands/GBar chat on KHM 🤣
That’s good that she’s got so many in a short space so you don’t have to do it so many times over! I’ll take any excuse to eat lolly ices! He’s still only 4 months so it’ll just be breast milk lollies for him for now.
When you think how painful it is when you get a wisdom tooth & we know what’s happening I feel so sorry for the baby’s!

I wish I could but the gyms in walking distance, looks like it’s a slow mooch though!

• Haha
WHY IS MY BOOB SORE AND LUMPY? I do not want another dose of mastitis 😩

I am so sorry for your loss ❤
Nooooo please for your sake let it just be a weird passing sort of uncomfy and not the start of something.
Do you feel like it's fully going inbetween courses of treatment? Is it the same boob each time?
Arghhhh.

Thank you for the love for our NICU visit yesterday. I almost didn’t go in but I did and it was really lovely to see some of the nurses who looked after her and I’m glad we went.
But then a day of two halves as that afternoon Mr L
got a call and his dad had died suddenly. He was in his 80s and his health wasn’t great so we knew we didn’t have loads of time left but not that it would happen this fast. Mr L is absolutely devastated and I’m such a problem sorter but I can’t make this better. It’s just so crappy.
How crap 😞 I'm glad the NICU visit went well and you got to have that experience before the news came in. Sorry for your loss 🙁

Reactions: 3
Nooooo please for your sake let it just be a weird passing sort of uncomfy and not the start of something.
Do you feel like it's fully going inbetween courses of treatment? Is it the same boob each time?
Arghhhh.

How crap 😞 I'm glad the NICU visit went well and you got to have that experience before the news came in. Sorry for your loss 🙁
It definitely went last time as it’s been about a month since I had it. I think this is my own fault - what I was wearing yesterday I think was maybe cutting in the wrong place. But honestly, have worn that in years gone by while feeding the other kids and never had an issue. My boobs just have had enough and are taking any chance to protest 🤣 and obviously ToddlerMe not arsed in the slightest about having a boob today, when he usually is gnawing at me like a hamster on a block 🙄

@I’mThankyou_ 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 Delighted to hear T2 has given up her hunger strike.
How is T1 doing with her walking?

• Heart
It definitely went last time as it’s been about a month since I had it. I think this is my own fault - what I was wearing yesterday I think was maybe cutting in the wrong place. But honestly, have worn that in years gone by while feeding the other kids and never had an issue. My boobs just have had enough and are taking any chance to protest 🤣 and obviously ToddlerMe not arsed in the slightest about having a boob today, when he usually is gnawing at me like a hamster on a block 🙄

Your boobs need to give you a break!

No one is safe from T1, no one. I put nappies out in the bin this morning and I forgot to put the catch on the door, I saw her stand up from the window and she Usain Bolted to the door and locked me out🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 11

C'mon ToddlerMe!!! 🥤🍈 it's roasting today too!

Little lad might be milk only today, he won't take a morning nap, won't even drift off on the boob, but is clearly tired, so I can't give him lunch as when I've tried on other napless days he just gets too upset. This is my comeuppance for the one hour of solo crib sleep I got out of him last night.

We were at my auntie's this morning and he saw a dog for the first time since he's properly been old enough to reach out and stroke/engage with one and hasn't been strapped down in the buggy or a carrier. They were both absolutely loving life but frig me. Big respect to you mums with a family pet.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
BabyShark isn’t a fan of the boob today. Had to give her a bottle earlier just so she had something. She drained the whole thing!

• Heart
Nursery have sent a message out to say they’re sending babies home with temperatures. She’s not there today but she’s very snotty. Bloody nursery germs

• Sad
C'mon ToddlerMe!!! 🥤🍈 it's roasting today too!

Little lad might be milk only today, he won't take a morning nap, won't even drift off on the boob, but is clearly tired, so I can't give him lunch as when I've tried on other napless days he just gets too upset. This is my comeuppance for the one hour of solo crib sleep I got out of him last night.

We were at my auntie's this morning and he saw a dog for the first time since he's properly been old enough to reach out and stroke/engage with one and hasn't been strapped down in the buggy or a carrier. They were both absolutely loving life but frig me. Big respect to you mums with a family pet.
Tommy bloody loves the dogs, however after stroking the German Shep he rises with a fistful of fluff like he's just triumphed over the enemy in the trenches 😨 Luckily the mastiff is short haired and a tart so he happily takes all the love while I save the Shep from little baby Adolf

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Tommy bloody loves the dogs, however after stroking the German Shep he rises with a fistful of fluff like he's just triumphed over the enemy in the trenches 😨 Luckily the mastiff is short haired and a tart so he happily takes all the love while I save the Shep from little baby Adolf
🤣 I sense even more mayhem in your future

• Haha
Did anyones babies get teeth in a random order? T1 has 2 bottom front teeth and the 2 bottom ones either side (don’t Know tooth names) are poking through the gum today! I always thought the top front teeth would be next but there’s no sign of them!
Also someone mentioned the teetha granules in the previous thread- we’ve been using them as they really help (you can buy them cheaper in savers £3,50)

Reactions: 1
I feel sad clicking the 10 months option 🥲 Baby G still isn’t crawling but today alone has managed to dive head first off the sofa, pull over a side table (and the pint glass of water that was on top), pull the sky box out of the tv unit and throw herself out of the ball pit backwards 😂

For the first time in a few weeks she’s gone down for her afternoon nap with only 5 mins of fighting it. She woke up crying after 40 mins and instead of picking her up I managed to resettle her and she’s still asleep! I’ve done a very minimal bit of housework and now sitting having a Diet Coke in the garden, hoping this happens every day!

@miss_americana so sorry for your loss, it’s horrible feeling like there’s nothing you can do to make it better but just being there for each other is the biggest thing x

• Heart
Did anyones babies get teeth in a random order? T1 has 2 bottom front teeth and the 2 bottom ones either side (don’t Know tooth names) are poking through the gum today! I always thought the top front teeth would be next but there’s no sign of them!
Also someone mentioned the teetha granules in the previous thread- we’ve been using them as they really help (you can buy them cheaper in savers £3,50)
I posted about it a few weeks ago.
Everleigh still only has 3 bottom teeth and no sign of the 4th 😂
And now has 2 top teeth coming through at the back. But still just 3 at the bottom 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.