New baby and post birth advice #29 If you burn your butt, you have to sit on the blisters

My baby is…

• 3 months and under

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • 4-6 months

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • 7-9 months

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • 10-12 months

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • 13-18 months

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • 18+ months

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I’m still pregnant and just reading ahead

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I’m a lurking knobwaffle

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • I’m a down-on-their-luck Prince, send me £100 and I promise you millions in return

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title this time is from @LongishCat with my new favourite Dutch catchphrase. Although an honourable mention must be made to @jackolantern who very nearly inspired the thread title “….and then he was sick in my mouth”. However we’ve only just had your hammy clammy crevices as the thread title so thought perhaps we could share out the misadventures just this once 😂

A guide to the thread for new members:
Dress code? Pyjamas
Nothing is off topic or taboo - unless you’re bragging about milestones and you think you’re three week old can recite their times tables
Knobwaffle of the week nominations always welcome
We love a good doughnut 🍩
Thread titles tend to come from something random someone says during the chat. Please point out anything spectacularly title worthy so it doesn’t get missed

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Yeaaa love the title! Still 4-6 months. we seem to get through the threads quick I have pressed the same age button the last few threads 😆

Reactions: 2
Right just ticked the 4-6 month box as he's 4 months next week and I want to cry. WHY AM I BROODY ALREADY

• Heart
Reactions: 3
"I’m a down-on-their-luck Prince, send me £100 and I promise you millions in return"

Laughing at this one🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
"I’m a down-on-their-luck Prince, send me £100 and I promise you millions in return"

Laughing at this one🤣
Kind of reminded of the tinder swindler if you haven’t seen it watch it he says some pure funny things ‘ send me money asap because my enemies’ tunes out the enemies are other women he takes money from x

• Haha
Reactions: 3
KW randomly gave little lad a whole (mini) tortilla wrap with his tea tonight, he’s only had it a couple of times before and just little strips. He was living his absolute best life 🥺 just tearing it all up.
Just wanted to share that haha, it’s nothing exciting but it was a cute moment.

We do a weekly photo and he’s 38 weeks now, which is how pregnant I got with him. The pregnancy dragged but this time has flown, I hate it 😭
For once he’s currently asleep in the side sleeper and not in my bed attached to the boob!! Just in time for there only to be an inch of room between his head and the top 🥴 we’ve had a good run but I think it’s time for it to go to the loft this weekend. I’m a bit nervous about it as whilst it’s still out I can kid myself that he might use it and I’ll get my husband back. Once it’s gone there’s no denying that we are pure co sleepers.
(We do have a cot in his room but it’s a fluke enough that he’s sleeping beside me right now, I don’t see him going down any time soon).

(Also hi, I am perpetually not caught up. But saving these first birthday ideas thank-you! Little lad’s christening is in a few weeks and we’re being asked what he wants for it and idk??? I thought you either got no gift or a religious one that’s a right of passage rather than something you request. So I always mumble a non response. Like the real answer is £ or his 12-18 wardrobe. Or the buffet paid for 🐷😂 but I don’t think I can say these things. So any suggestions welcome!)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
10-12 months 😒
I really hate baby Waka getting older, when people say ‘yayy she’s nearly one’ I can’t respond with the same excitement because I just miss newborn Waka sooo much, anyway, I think I need one of those reborn dolls to help me 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
@ThePidge thanks for the tips on the last thread, I couldn’t find the green box of teething powder you mentioned so had to get Ashton & parsons, can you use powders not long after gel if the gels not done anything? I wasn’t sure if I had to wait like with calpol
Parentings a minefield!

Argh, baby’s nappy leaked and she was soaking wet, as is the bed (I cosleep). Have changed the baby, she now thinks it’s morning and is wiiiidddeee awake 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Why is it when your baby goes to bed later than usual you think “oh great I’ll get a bit of a lie in”.
Then they wake up much earlier than they usually do 😩💀

• Heart
I can't with this heat. Tommy is permanently sweating like a Nun in Ann Summers (which is my role in this relationship 😭😅👻) and he smells like a bottle of Sarson's brown malt. Thought he was taking my skin with him when I peeled him off before 😨

• Haha
Had a bit of an interesting evening. Little Bluebird took a long time to settle and nothing was working. She ate around 8:30pm and then wouldn’t settle. I fell asleep running her belly to settle her. She then woke up us up st 1:00 with her usual noises and I thought she was hungry. It typically takes her awhile before she’s ready to eat soon put her binkie back in a few times and then she screamed bloody murder. We fed and she was fine and fell back asleep.

Same thing happened again at 3:00. Screamed bloody murder and then I picked her up and she was asleep. OH took her downstairs so I could keep sleeping and she slept until 7:00am.

We have no idea what was bothering her her why she screamed & cried so much. Can 5 week olds get night terrors?

Thank you for the love for our NICU visit yesterday. I almost didn’t go in but I did and it was really lovely to see some of the nurses who looked after her and I’m glad we went.
But then a day of two halves as that afternoon Mr L
got a call and his dad had died suddenly. He was in his 80s and his health wasn’t great so we knew we didn’t have loads of time left but not that it would happen this fast. Mr L is absolutely devastated and I’m such a problem sorter but I can’t make this better. It’s just so crappy.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Baby is 8 months and has woken pretty much every hour of the night since the 4 month sleep regression and I’ve been too exhausted to even be on here much and type 🤣 The past two nights he’s randomly slept 7pm - 2/3am and then went back down until 5:30. My body is so confused from actually sleeping more than 30 minutes at a time! I’m like a new woman!

What’s the betting that he now starts teething? 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
WHY IS MY BOOB SORE AND LUMPY? I do not want another dose of mastitis 😩

Thank you for the love for our NICU visit yesterday. I almost didn’t go in but I did and it was really lovely to see some of the nurses who looked after her and I’m glad we went.
got a call and his dad had died suddenly. He was in his 80s and his health wasn’t great so we knew we didn’t have loads of time left but not that it would happen this fast. Mr L is absolutely devastated and I’m such a problem sorter but I can’t make this better. It’s just so crappy.
I am so sorry for your loss ❤

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I cannot even tell you all how pleased I am that this is the thread title - it’s my new favourite thing to say! @jackolantern sweating like a nun in Ann summers is up there too - defo a contender for the next thread title 🤣

Mr Cupcake let me sleep in the covid cesspit (air mattress on the nursery floor) last night so I was so excited thinking this will be the best sleep I’ve had in 5 months but then I lay awake all night missing Baby Cupcake even though he was just next door - what is wrong with me?!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm so sorry, all you can be is there for him and each other, it's just a very sad situation like you say.

@ThePidge thanks for the tips on the last thread, I couldn’t find the green box of teething powder you mentioned so had to get Ashton & parsons, can you use powders not long after gel if the gels not done anything? I wasn’t sure if I had to wait like with calpol
Parentings a minefield!
Ah that’s so annoying, it’s in most shops (Asda, co op, etc.). The only reason I rate them is because you can give them every 2 hours. The A&P granules didn’t seem to do lil pidge justice even though I assume they’re the same thing? 😂
I don’t think you can combine the gel and granules as I think you’d be double dosing! But you can give calpol and powder/gel at the same time.
I think if he’s really not settling, I’d give the Calpol as well. All babies react so differently to teething, I mentioned on here a while back my friends little boy ended up in A&E with each tooth as his temp couldn’t be brought down (always ended up with an illness too!), whereas her other little boy just woke up with more teeth and no symptoms!
get some anbesol liquid in for a rainy day.. I think you can use that from 5 months. It’s powerful stuff- my husband had a toothache and it went straight away with it 😂
0B452F15-66B9-4FE3-ACE7-B7A8DA79E335.jpeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.